Dealership Screwed Up My Order. Not Too Happy

Gregory347

Established Member
What was ordered? A 300, 301 or 400, 401 package. 300 not premium and doesn't come with leather. 400 comes with leather.

acrbill

Established Member
I think I read a similar thread about this. I'll spare the details but I am almost positive you are getting leather regardless of what the sticker says.

kingnut

Established Member
They just emailed me now and said it has regular leather seats not cloth recaros. But then the Ford website automatically equips recaros when you add the track pack. So which one is it?

My mind is full of f*%#. Track pack has nothing to do with getting recaros. Man i cringe at ordering another 5.0.

turd burglar

Established Member
You're telling me. If they are this back and forth on what they have to say on just an order, imagine how it'll be for me if a mechanical problems arises. Ahhhh durrrrr, da circle goes in the three sides shape boss, durrrr durrrrr uh huh

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I have built and priced the mustang on fords web site in every possible configuration and no were does it say the Recaro's are included with the track pack. They are a separate option from the track pack..

turd burglar

Established Member
Maybe my phone tweaks out when looking on the ford site then. Either way, the dealer still missed the recaros on the order and while they aren't a deal breaker, they were discussed in the final offer so I think they should be included

87hatchy

Established Member
My window sticker says premium. Says leather bucket seats in the generic options area and then track pack in the specific options

^ Based off of what you just said here, I am thinking the dealer ordered your vehicle correct and you are not informed enough about the options.

The Track Pack has NOTHING to do with cloth or not.

If it is a premium mustang it WILL have leather seats no matter what options you get.

Calm down....

turd burglar

Established Member
^ Based off of what you just said here, I am thinking the dealer ordered your vehicle correct and you are not informed enough about the options.

The Track Pack has NOTHING to do with cloth or not.

If it is a premium mustang it WILL have leather seats no matter what options you get.

Calm down....

And that's what I told the guy, his first statement was "you can only get cloth Recaros with the track pack" to which I said "track pack has no bearing on the interior" and I asked why the leather recaros we discussed MULTIPLE times in our emails weren't on there and he claims I never asked for those, even after showing multiple emails with them mentioned and when we came to an agreement on the price, those were initially included. Its not a deal breaker but it's frustrating as **** and a good sign of how much of a hassle these guys are gonna be

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hm.. It's hard to say who's at fault if there is no signed buyers order that listed options or a print off of the original order sheet. :shrug:

87hatchy

Established Member
And that's what I told the guy, his first statement was "you can only get cloth Recaros with the track pack" to which I said "track pack has no bearing on the interior" and I asked why the leather recaros we discussed MULTIPLE times in our emails weren't on there and he claims I never asked for those, even after showing multiple emails with them mentioned and when we came to an agreement on the price, those were initially included. Its not a deal breaker but it's frustrating as **** and a good sign of how much of a hassle these guys are gonna be

Tell the salesman he is a dumbass because, well, he is...

Why dont you put up a screenshot of your window sticker so we can see it? No need to include VIN/price and some other things you may not want everyone to see, just the section with standard equipment and optional equipment

Last edited:

turd burglar

Established Member
^It just has the standard 400A package. I can live without the recaros, the principle of it though is we agreed on a price that included the seats and track pack (via email) and when I went in to finalize the order and figured that was that. Well miraculously the seats didnt make it in the order and even after showing mutiple emails to the dealer about what we agreed upon, including the online bill and price form that HE made HIMSELF that include the recaros, he's saying we never agreed upon that. It's absolute bullshit

acrbill

Established Member
I misread your original post. I thought you said your sticker says cloth recaro seats.

This seems pretty cut and dry. I doubt they will hold your down payment hostage since they messed up along the line. Just order another or see if they can have the seats added to the order.

turd burglar

Established Member
Too late to have seats added from the factory since the sticker is made. Usually means the car is in production. Like I said, I can live without the recaros, but now I'm paying the same price for 1 option vs the 2 options we had originally discussed.

turd burglar

Established Member
The way it's working out is I'm paying for what I'm getting. X plan plus incentives on a premium gt with track pack. That's all fine and dandy other than the fact that we had initially agreed on track pack and recaros for the same price, I figured I was getting a killer deal. My guess is the dealer realized he ****ed up and at the time of submitting the order, did away with that option to cover his ass. But I'm sending the emails to corporate tomorrow and it's gonna get worked out one way or another.

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
OK man. I was really jealous of you when u said you were getting track pack with recaros. Now I feel bad u got screwed. If its any constellation the leather seats are really nice and comfy. Plus are power and headrests adjust. My wife would not have liked riding in the recaros on long trips. What color did u get?

gs462

Established Member
I have the original online "build and price" he sent me, and it clearly says leather recaros. I'm gonna raise hell about this until they do something about it or I'll just eat the $500 deposit and let the car sit on the lot.

Due to it being their mistake shouldn't they have to even give you your deposit back?

turd burglar

Established Member
OK man. I was really jealous of you when u said you were getting track pack with recaros. Now I feel bad u got screwed. If its any constellation the leather seats are really nice and comfy. Plus are power and headrests adjust. My wife would not have liked riding in the recaros on long trips. What color did u get?

I got sterling grey. And honestly every set of recaros I've ever ridden in have been more comfy than standard seats, they aren't hard as shit like standard racing seats. Hopefully the dealer does something to make it right.

Users who are viewing this thread