Dealership Screwed Up My Order. Not Too Happy

turd burglar

Established Member
Got the window sticker for my 2013 gt premium online today, looked and noticed I don't have leather recaros as an option I SPECIFICALLY asked for, just the track pack as my only option. Call the dealer and ask them, and their response "Well ya see, the track pack supersedes leather and automatically comes with cloth recaros, there's no way to get leather with the track pack." No jackass, that's the boss, leather is an option, otherwise it comes with cloth recaros, and I really dont want cloth, so looks like those will be for sale soon. I'm beyond frustrated with dealerships lack of knowledge these days and its annoying as hell as those seats were a BIG reason I ordered from the factory!!!

Last edited:

Gregory347

Established Member
When I ordered mine the dealer printed a sheet that we went over line for line to make sure my options were correct. After reviewing the order sheet we both signed it and then the GM placed the order with Ford. I would tell them thats not what you order and to get what you did.

turd burglar

Established Member
I have the original online "build and price" he sent me, and it clearly says leather recaros. I'm gonna raise hell about this until they do something about it or I'll just eat the $500 deposit and let the car sit on the lot.

saleen homer

Established Member
man, I didnt have to put anything down or sign anything until my order came in.. I'm sure if you can prove its not what you ordered you can get your deposit back

turd burglar

Established Member
Oh there's no way I'm gonna get "free" leather recaros. Either I'm getting them ordered in and paying the price we agreed upon that I know for a fact included leather recaros, or I'm gonna rip them a new a$$hole if they won't give me my deposit back since I didn't pay to receive a car that I didn't specifically order. Not gonna pay $30k+ for a car that isn't exactly what I want, and especially not a car with cloth seats!!!

turd burglar

Established Member
I'll see how this all goes first. Paying for shipping on an interior would be a bitch, and I'd want the whole interior, front and rear leather. Not gonna have a brand new car with a patchwork inside. **** **** ****

Electrokid

Established Member
I would raise a stink about it. They are the ones that screwed up, so they have to make it right - even if it does cost them a few dollars.

kingnut

Established Member
Sucks to hear. I would elevate this to ford customer service. I would not settle for any bullshit. Make them expedite a new build if you have to. Im gonna prewarn you... ford customer service is dumb as shit.

turd burglar

Established Member
Oh trust me, I realize how stupid they are. And from my experience at this dealer so far, they aren't any smarter. Their parts department is rude and run by a crotchety old bastard, the service manager had no clue about a few simple questions I've asked regarding what they would and wouldn't warranty with light mods, just a bunch of clowns overall

csb85

Established Member
When I ordered my car I went in the back and told him what options i wanted while he was on the computer ordering it. He then printed it out for me to review before he submitted it. I would tell them your not taking the car. Make them order a new one the way you want it. I told my dealer ship that if they drilled the front bumper for the plate I wasn't taking the car. Needless to say they didn't drill the bumper

03dsgdreams

Established Member
So they ordered you a base model with the track pack and cloth recaro's..? When you ordered a premium with the track pack and leather recaro's. That's what I get from this at least.. You can't get a premium with cloth seats recaro or not. Premium models only come with leather so if your getting cloth then your getting a base.

turd burglar

Established Member
My window sticker says premium. Says leather bucket seats in the generic options area and then track pack in the specific options

turd burglar

Established Member
They just emailed me now and said it has regular leather seats not cloth recaros. But then the Ford website automatically equips recaros when you add the track pack. So which one is it?

Users who are viewing this thread