Dealership Screwed Up My Order. Not Too Happy

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
I would not settle for the regular leather seats. You will regret it and wish you had got the recaros. Don't take delivery on the car until they get you what you ordered. (This is assuming you ordered what you think you did)

T.Bone

Established Member
Don't buy the car an order another. Simple fix.

What he said, you don't have to buy this car. If the order is not what you sent them, walk and order from another dealer.

The X-plan is not used until you take the car, so tell them to give you your deposit or put a stop payment on the check and send them a message.

turd burglar

Established Member
Biggest problem is I have $1500 in incentives locked in, and now there's no incentives available in my area, so I'd be tacking on $3k+ by canceling and ordering another with recaros. Not smart on my part if I take that route.

turd burglar

Established Member
This should be am easy fix at the dealership. It sounds like your venting about something rediculous. I wish I had these small issues.

If these issues are so small in scale compared to whatever great struggle you are dealing with, then go to another thread. I'm not sittin on a bottomless bank account like some of you guys seem to around here and won't "just pay the $3k for new seats out of pocket, its not that much"

grnenvy

Established Member
lol

lol If u go into the dealership they should fix your simple problem. I'm not being a smart ass but if u have a bottomless bank account you should buy a cheaper car. Sounds like your doing what most of the country has been doing for years buying what they can't afford. Good luck :shrug:

If these issues are so small in scale compared to whatever great struggle you are dealing with, then go to another thread. I'm not sittin on a bottomless bank account like some of you guys seem to around here and won't "just pay the $3k for new seats out of pocket, its not that much"

turd burglar

Established Member
Huh, that's strange. Didnt know that you are aware of what I do for a living or what my financial status is. You sure are somethin else. Go find me a handful of people who have 3k sitting around to waste on seats, rather than doing the smart thing and making sure they have money for emergencies. You are a pompous ass it seems and are apparently one of those "it's only 3 thousand dollars" sort of guys. Good for you.

S197OnSpray

Established Member
^It just has the standard 400A package. I can live without the recaros, the principle of it though is we agreed on a price that included the seats and track pack (via email) and when I went in to finalize the order and figured that was that. Well miraculously the seats didnt make it in the order and even after showing mutiple emails to the dealer about what we agreed upon, including the online bill and price form that HE made HIMSELF that include the recaros, he's saying we never agreed upon that. It's absolute bullshit

You should also be aware that there is no "agreed price" when using x-plan to add extras. The x-plan price is non-negotiable and is what Ford says you will pay for the car as a member of a partner company. If you want Recaros you will have to pay for them, there's really no negotiation involved at all except the max dealer doc fees which you can argue to be $0 (yes some dealers charge the small fee allowed within the plan). I know you understand you're getting what you paid for but you also need to understand as an x-plan member what the rules are. If I were you I would take the car since it is not a deal breaker according to you and you stand to save $3K. what it really boils down to is not verifying the options ordered whether that's on you or the dealer doesn't matter. To Ford you got what you paid for.

RFM50

Established Member
lol If u go into the dealership they should fix your simple problem. I'm not being a smart ass but if u have a bottomless bank account you should buy a cheaper car. Sounds like your doing what most of the country has been doing for years buying what they can't afford. Good luck :shrug:

Dude really? Since when do people who buy mustangs have a bottomless bank account? If you have a bottomless bank account and bought a mustang instead of let's say a Lambo eventador than your the idiot. If your just in here to stir up shit than find another forum where your welcome because its not here.

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
damn that sucks, I'd definitely stay on them about it.

Luckily for me, my fat ass won't fit in the recaros, so I don't have that problem.

stang8psi

Established Member
You should also be aware that there is no "agreed price" when using x-plan to add extras. The x-plan price is non-negotiable and is what Ford says you will pay for the car as a member of a partner company. If you want Recaros you will have to pay for them, there's really no negotiation involved at all except the max dealer doc fees which you can argue to be $0 (yes some dealers charge the small fee allowed within the plan). I know you understand you're getting what you paid for but you also need to understand as an x-plan member what the rules are. If I were you I would take the car since it is not a deal breaker according to you and you stand to save $3K. what it really boils down to is not verifying the options ordered whether that's on you or the dealer doesn't matter. To Ford you got what you paid for.

This^

To me Op it sounds like you got over anxious when ordering and to quick to jump on a price instead of actually knowing what packages are and were available, Your Dealer ordered what you wanted! Premium with track aps! and it sounds like you didn't know that the recaros didn't come with it! But like above you ordered what you ordered.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Dude that incentive won't make up for your full happiness on a car MAKE SURE YOU GET THE ONE YOU WANT don't settle to save maybe 30-40 a month and not be truly happy with it.

I have sat In a buddies boss 302 with recaros and the seats are waaaaaaaaay better trust me.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A lot of good information on here..(surprisingly) :beer:

Like stated above, the X-Plan price is nonnegotiable.

The Recaro's do not come with the track pack.

It sounds like you have a common thought process of customers that I have seen that find the options they want and when discussing the price, they hear what they want to hear.

My question is, if you bought it for X-plan, the only way you or the dealer knows what X-plan will be, is if you they have a build sheet for that individual car. Without that, no one knows what the exact X-Plan pricing is. Also, the build sheet would have all your options listed.

Like I said in my first post, it's hard to tell in this case who messed up... I mean, the only way you could prove it is to actually post emails, build sheets, invoices, etc etc etc.

I'm not sure I'm buying the story on how the dealership was just going to throw in Recaro seats and not make you pay for them.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Man a lot of you guys are giving this guy a hard time. He was miss informed by the dealer. He told the salesman he wanted recaros and the salesman said there included in the track pack. That's not his fault. Once he realized there not included he was like wtf and the salesman was like oh well.. Not his fault, these idiot sales people need to do there research and no what there selling. This dealership needs to make this right and get this guy his leather recaros. I believe he should have to pay the price of the recaro option but not lose his 1500 dollar incentive or x plan.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man a lot of you guys are giving this guy a hard time. He was miss informed by the dealer. He told the salesman he wanted recaros and the salesman said there included in the track pack. That's not his fault. Once he realized there not included he was like wtf and the salesman was like oh well.. Not his fault, these idiot sales people need to do there research and no what there selling. This dealership needs to make this right and get this guy his leather recaros. I believe he should have to pay the price of the recaro option but not lose his 1500 dollar incentive or x plan.

At this point it's just hearsay.

I would be 100% on this guys side if everything he has said is true. However, like I previously mentioned, X-Plan pricing is NONNEGOTIABLE, and if the X-Plan price included the Recaro's, then it has them, if it didn't then it won't have them.

I blame both parties. I blame the dealership for not being thorough, and the OP for not verifying information before the car was ordered.

turd burglar

Established Member
I was well aware that recaros had nothing to do with the track pack. But the guy wouldn't shut up about how "track pack supersedes leather and adds cloth recaros" so I wondered if ford made some change to the order options. May just reorder in January and hope for some new year incentives.

Turbo810

Established Member
Sorry about your bad luck on this. You may want to re-order now and work on year end insentives. All manufacturers add insentives so dealers can clear invintory to reduce taxes. They pay extra for what's on the lot on January 1st.

turd burglar

Established Member
^That's the angle I'm thinking about workin. The car is gonna get here when shitty weather hits either way so what's waitin a little longer gonna do ya know

Turbo810

Established Member
Ya! I already put mine away for the year. I need to get my wheels off for powedercoating.

You would still have a little time. But not much.

Users who are viewing this thread