Dealer wants to replace 5.0 engine with 9500 mi on it

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Sorry to hear your cars getting worked on now too.

As an update, my car is still at the dealer, I'm still driving a Mazda 2 =/

The longblock is approved, but they do not know when it will arrive. I know my car is sitting outside in the sun every day and getting bird crap baked on it. (next to the ocean).

Since the car is drive able, I thought they would let me drive around until the engine arrived, but they wont give me my car back to store it indoors.

I would go let them know this and having said that, it leads me to think that your car might suffer from scratches and dents with the motor install since they don't seem to care BEFORE the install what the car goes through.:bash:

I would be in the General Managers office explaining the ramifications if my car is even the least bit scratched or dented. A "walk around" with the General Manager video'd is what I would do.

JW03

Established Member
Car goes back tomorrow. Said they will have my rental ready. Happy that they are fixing it... not happy with how

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sorry to hear your cars getting worked on now too.

As an update, my car is still at the dealer, I'm still driving a Mazda 2 =/

The longblock is approved, but they do not know when it will arrive. I know my car is sitting outside in the sun every day and getting bird crap baked on it. (next to the ocean).

Since the car is drive able, I thought they would let me drive around until the engine arrived, but they wont give me my car back to store it indoors.

See about getting a car cover on it. See if you can get them to wash it an you put a car cover on it till the motor comes in. It may be that they do not have the space to keep it in doors. But the dealer also isn't out to damage your car. Try working with them for a positive out come.

KurtDog

Established Member
True, although I've read a few members get "remanufactured" engines , whatever that means.

I'd take a remanufactured engine over a new one any day. Essentially they rip the engine apart and replace any wear items.

They are far more stringent with the tolerances when building them and the engine has already gone through several thousand heat cycles. I think they come with a 100k mile warranty on them as well.

willpower

Established Member
As an update my car is still at the dealer, its been like 3 weeks!, The engine has arrived at the dealer for 8 days now, not sure whats going on.

willpower

Established Member
Update:

Got my car back 2 weeks ago, everything has been fine with the engine since.

I have 300mi on the engine now and no extra sounds. The engine pulls a lot harder, and sounds different than it ever did, surprisingly.

If you are in Los Angeles, and need a decent dealer to work with Mario at Santa Monica Ford is pretty good. He listened to my problems and helped me get to this resolution.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Update:

Got my car back 2 weeks ago, everything has been fine with the engine since.

I have 300mi on the engine now and no extra sounds. The engine pulls a lot harder, and sounds different than it ever did, surprisingly.

If you are in Los Angeles, and need a decent dealer to work with Mario at Santa Monica Ford is pretty good. He listened to my problems and helped me get to this resolution.

Glad to hear

willpower

Established Member
Yes, he probably wants it to break in correctly, seat the rings, not burn oil etc.
Easy break in is a thing of the past.

I've been just driving it as I would normally, which is moderately aggressive for city driving.

I figure if I baby it, I may just find out I need another replacement too late.

Users who are viewing this thread