dealer asking $20k over MSRP....lol

krt22

Established Member
Will be interesting to see, but I stand by my statement that PSC2's are responsible for the majority of any delta. I doubt very many who seriously track the car will stick with PSC2's and the CF wheels (I know I wouldn't), particularly with PSC2's being over $2k/set and on a 3600-3700# car I'd be surprised to see them last for more than 2-3 days. In the end, IMO the cars will be extremely similar, but yeah, the R should be a little quicker with the PSC2, upgraded aero and weight loss (for those cars that don't have the Electronics Package). But not enough to make me want one over a GT350 Track Package car.
S.

Agreed, tires IMO are the biggest delta. If you were to slap an identical set onto a track pack GT350 I don't think the lap deltas would be huge, especially if the driver is your typical track day enthusiast and not fully pushing the car anyway

blk02edge

Established Member
just a heads up for any Canadian buyers, richport ford in richmond BC does indeed have 3 allocations @MSRP confirmed today

CalgaryGT500

Established Member
just a heads up for any Canadian buyers, richport ford in richmond BC does indeed have 3 allocations @MSRP confirmed today

Are you referring to GT350's or 350R's?

I can tell you I have been dealing with Ken at Richport and the Sales Manager, I was led to believe they have only 1 allocation for a 350R model.

I did purchase this 350R on June 13th, it would be great if somehow they have acquired more allocation as I know in Calgary they are appearing to be a hard to find item. It will be interesting to see what the final production numbers of the R will be other than speculating....it may be mass produced like the Dodge Caravan LOL. :p

blk02edge

Established Member
Im going to see Ken tomorow, all he said on the phone is be has 3 allocations to order any model and we'll talk details in person. his ad says 64-85k so I imagine they have at least one R but there are a metric TON of rich people in vancouver so i doubt they will last.

Im super hesitant, they could be selling for well under msrp like the z/28's within a year lol.. kind of a gamble if you ask me however i think you are safe with the R but thats out of my budget

Last edited:

CalgaryGT500

Established Member
I think they will hold the value, 07's are still selling for high 30's low 40's around here.

Used 13 and 14's on the lots here are still mid 60' and into the 70's at dealers, I think they are good value if you actually drive them with no expectations of an appreciating value but rather one hell of a car that will depreciate but at a lesser rate.

The first Shelbys were 30 years old before they really took off value wise in the 90's in 30 years if history repeats itself..I'll be dead by then. F my life!!

hognutz

Established Member
Im going to see Ken tomorow, all he said on the phone is be has 3 allocations to order any model and we'll talk details in person. his ad says 64-85k so I imagine they have at least one R but there are a metric TON of rich people in vancouver so i doubt they will last.

Im super hesitant, they could be selling for well under msrp like the z/28's within a year lol.. kind of a gamble if you ask me however i think you are safe with the R but thats out of my budget

I would not worry too much about that. the z/28 was overpriced to start with. I am not a chevy or ford guy and you can go look up my post bashing the pricing of that car when they announced it and camaro 5 members with there head in the sand pretending it was not true would bash me but fast forward to now at people are 15k down in that car easy that bought a 14. people who paid over msrp are 20-25k down in a year or two and that sucks.

I think the GT350 will do decent. I won't be as stupid fast as the 2013-2014 GT500 though.

I mean buying at invoice is the true key. MSRP or over you will lose money no matter what. buying at invoice you lose money but at fairly acceptable rate usually.

I mean if I had bought a PP/TP GT500 in 13 @msrp 61,450 it would sell today most likely for 52,500-55,000 at my milage rate. so I would have lost 7-9k. that livable to me. If I bought at invoice I would only have lost 4k-5k tops.

no on my zl1 currently I bought at invoice but I am going to lose about 10k so it did not do as well. they kind of overbuilt them in 2013 though like 8500 cars. ford won't do that.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
yea i see your point but im patient and still love my cobra so ill just wait a year. If I miss out then oh well... my truck is still my main focus of the 4 wheel'd world and ill just put more money into that and my cobra

hognutz

Established Member
yea i see your point but im patient and still love my cobra so ill just wait a year. If I miss out then oh well... my truck is still my main focus of the 4 wheel'd world and ill just put more money into that and my cobra

yeah that is the best plan. just wait till you can get invoice or x plan. I am hoping I can pick one up spring 16 but we will see. I am through with my truck until the tranny dies and I upgrade it and go componds ha ha. so I want to find a new toy car. we will see how this hellcat goes but I think it will just be too heavy and spin happy.

DepWraith

Established Member
Elder Ford of Tampa just called me and said they were taking deposits for the GT350. I asked them how much they were selling for and he checked and said only $5,000 over list. I asked him how many he was getting and he said he didn't know, but that they were taking a lot of deposits on them since everyone wanted to get one. I asked him how he could be taking so many deposits when he didn't even know how many they were getting...he replied they would tell him when to stop taking them. I politely told him I wasn't paying over MSRP at which time he said it was common practice since the PT Cruiser, lol.

***UPDATE***
Dan the internet sales manager called me back since I wasn't happy. Said even though they want 5k over list, I should buy from them since 8 other dealers are charging up to 20k over. He also said they were limited and I replied the 2015 was, but not the 2016...he then told me they didnt make a 2015!!! I laughed and told him I'll wait like I did with my last 3 STV purchases and buy one when they hit the lots and taking up their precious inventory allotment.

****UPDATE****

30 Minute call from Manager, said he will check with owner about msrp but not promising anything. Didn't like my 1 star facebook review...

Last edited:

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
I called every dealership in the greater Tampa area - same story from all. Clueless about actual details on the car / what they are getting, but assuring me they'd not be selling to me at MSRP.

**** 'em all. I'll wait, or buy from the dealer in Ohio that offered me MSRP 2 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread