dealer asking $20k over MSRP....lol

krt22

Established Member
FYI guys, apparently some stealerships are using info in this thread (screen shots) of what some dealers are asking ADM just to justify what they are asking.

Just need to be very clear, almost are these dealers ASKING just ADMs are doing just that, ASKING. So far I don't know anyone who has ponied up 10-20K over.

Zemedici

Established Member
FYI guys, apparently some stealerships are using info in this thread (screen shots) of what some dealers are asking ADM just to justify what they are asking.

Just need to be very clear, almost are these dealers ASKING just ADMs are doing just that, ASKING. So far I don't know anyone who has ponied up 10-20K over.

ass for every seat, my friend.

blk02edge

Established Member
my local dealer is offering a track pack and an R at msrp... sounds like BS but im higgggghly tempted... but not realistically ready for such a purchase :bored:

blk02edge

Established Member
richport ford in richmond BC canada

So you are sh*t out of luck unless you have canadian relatives

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
In any case, the GT350 will be damn near as fast on-track as the R. The weight savings are a moot point for me as they aren't worth the trade offs and I would never keep the CF wheels for the track.

FWIW, same day same driver there is a substantial difference in track performance between a GT350 Track Pack and a GT350R.

cluscher

Established Member
DBK, interested to hear how you reach this conclusion. Can you provide some detail?

blk02edge

Established Member
I live in Toronto. Can you give me your contact's info? I am seriously interested in the R

Thanks

I dont have any, saw it advertised and called richport ford and they said they do indeed have both at Msrp. Best bet is google Richport ford's phone number and ask them. I wouldnt doubt they are just saying that to get you to go in so they can apply their sales tactics but If you really are interested its obviouslky worth a shot lol

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
FWIW, same day same driver there is a substantial difference in track performance between a GT350 Track Pack and a GT350R.
Define "substantial".
There is not a big enough difference between the two to make me believe the majority of the delta is anything more than the PSC2's and possibly the down force generated by the R's rear wing larger front splitter.
S.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

blk02edge

Established Member
He has/had two 00R's one being a completely gutted track car and he also had/has a couple f-gt's he has an impressive personal collection. Tim brown, I know his crazy boss 302 was just posted in the pics/videos section

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
If/When I get chosen in the ENCS lottery, not only will i get one without an ADM, I'll get it just a little over invoice.

I didn't specifically ask about the GT350R and don't know if it is available via the lottery. Not sure if my sales guy even knows. My thought is this - if you're interested and put your name in the hat (lottery) and are eligible, you'll get a chance to buy one.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
I dont have any, saw it advertised and called richport ford and they said they do indeed have both at Msrp. Best bet is google Richport ford's phone number and ask them. I wouldnt doubt they are just saying that to get you to go in so they can apply their sales tactics but If you really are interested its obviouslky worth a shot lol
The person I spoke with when I called (Ivy) was clueless. She said she'd call me back with details. Have not heard squat.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Define "substantial".
There is not a big enough difference between the two to make me believe the majority of the delta is anything more than the PSC2's and possibly the down force generated by the R's rear wing larger front splitter.
S.

Lap time difference is bigger than you would think based on the hardware differences. My guess is the CF wheels account for as much of the magic as anything else.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Lap time difference is bigger than you would think based on the hardware differences. My guess is the CF wheels account for as much of the magic as anything else.
Will be interesting to see, but I stand by my statement that PSC2's are responsible for the majority of any delta. I doubt very many who seriously track the car will stick with PSC2's and the CF wheels (I know I wouldn't), particularly with PSC2's being over $2k/set and on a 3600-3700# car I'd be surprised to see them last for more than 2-3 days. In the end, IMO the cars will be extremely similar, but yeah, the R should be a little quicker with the PSC2, upgraded aero and weight loss (for those cars that don't have the Electronics Package). But not enough to make me want one over a GT350 Track Package car.
S.

cluscher

Established Member
A dedicated set of track wheels/tires is necessary equipment for guys who regularly track their cars. A set of Foregelines with R888s or NT01s on a track pack will put up nearly identical times to a R imho. Can't wait for the magazines to make the comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread