dealer asking $20k over MSRP....lol

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
My dealer has called me twice. Said they got their allocation and have put in their order for a GT350R. Trying to get me to buy it, but I'm not paying a markup, especially not the $20K+ markup they're talking about!

Lemers

Established Member
My dealer has called me twice. Said they got their allocation and have put in their order for a GT350R. Trying to get me to buy it, but I'm not paying a markup, especially not the $20K+ markup they're talking about!

Since they are calling you that means they don't have a buyer at the $20k ADM they are asking. So just tell them what you are willing to pay and stick to your guns.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
_GT350%20eBay%20sale.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Ford-M...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Zemedici

Established Member
Somebody is at the top of the food chain making those policy decisions.

Yeah, probably the SALES manager. Service department is completely different....

Coworker's buddy SHOULD be getting his 350 at sticker. We'll see. Yellow w/ black stripe

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
meh - people post stupid bids on eBay all the time - doesn't mean they actually pay it.

Anyone that pays this much for this car has no idea what they could build on this chassis for $92k. It's literally throwing money away.

EDIT - lol - new/zero feedback winning bidder. Oh yeah, that got "sold".

Last edited:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
its the same old bs every time something new comes out. just dont pay the adm, you will get one at msrp sooner than you think if you keep working at it

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Since they are calling you that means they don't have a buyer at the $20k ADM they are asking. So just tell them what you are willing to pay and stick to your guns.

I returned one of their calls and told them to give me a call if they want to get realistic with the price.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Meh...they'll be at MSRP by later this year or early next year.
I bought both of my '13 GT500's at MSRP, at the time lots of dealers were charging ADM. A few days before finding my black GT500, I went to look at one on the showroom floor at a dealer in Sanford, FL. I told the salesman I would not pay any more than MSRP on the car and he invited me to look at it and basically stated that we would be able to come to an agreement. Drove up, looked at the car and told the (young) salesman I would take the car and be back the next morning with a cashier's check. He went and got some old, crotchety guy identified as "one of the sales managers", who proceeded to lecture me about how hard it would be to get a GT500 and how few were going to be built and blah, blah, blah...they wanted $10k over MSRP. I laughed and said "call me when you're selling it for MSRP" and walked out. A week or so later, they called and offered the car to me at $5k over MSRP. At this time I hadn't locked in my black car, so I lead them on a little. A few days after that, just a day or two before the end of June ('12) they called to offer it to me at MSRP. Unfortunately I already had bought my first GT500 from Ford City in Champaign, Ill.

Those cars were easily as hyped at the GT350. They were just as in demand, and within a couple of months were available at MSRP. Same exact thing will happen with the GT350. By spring there will be cars sitting on dealer floors available at MSRP.
S.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

Use http://content.dealerconnection.com/vfs/brands/us_ford_en.html

Contact as may dealers as possible and give them a starting offer of $2k over invoice.

I did this when I was shopping for a 2014 GT500. It took a few hours of calling, but I found a dealer willing to order me a gt500 for 2.5k over invoice

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Those cars were easily as hyped at the GT350. They were just as in demand, and within a couple of months were available at MSRP. Same exact thing will happen with the GT350. By spring there will be cars sitting on dealer floors available at MSRP.
S.

That's not quite the same, though. That might come to fruition for the GT350, but I doubt any GT350Rs will be sitting around on dealer lots. Think back to this car's predecessor, the Boss 302. I only every saw one sitting on a dealer lot, and it was a used one that had been not very well treated by the previous owner. I saw a Laguna Seca on the road once, and that was it. I think GT500s started sitting on lots because they were already overpriced for what you get (when you really think about it) on top of markups. When I got mine, I think it was after they had finally dropped the markup. And they still didn't want to come down off sticker. I was only able to get them to take $1K off MSRP.

If they do get an R like they said, I might go visit it on the showroom a few times, but that's where it'll be staying. I might go to another dealer up the road a bit, but it looks like all they sell are F150s. You look at the dealership from the road and it's encompassed by nothing but trucks.

Rct851

Established Member
I love the idea of a dealer being able to charge whatever they want for what they are selling. There job isn't to "hook us up"

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
That's not quite the same, though. That might come to fruition for the GT350, but I doubt any GT350Rs will be sitting around on dealer lots. Think back to this car's predecessor, the Boss 302. I only every saw one sitting on a dealer lot, and it was a used one that had been not very well treated by the previous owner. I saw a Laguna Seca on the road once, and that was it. I think GT500s started sitting on lots because they were already overpriced for what you get (when you really think about it) on top of markups. When I got mine, I think it was after they had finally dropped the markup. And they still didn't want to come down off sticker. I was only able to get them to take $1K off MSRP.

If they do get an R like they said, I might go visit it on the showroom a few times, but that's where it'll be staying. I might go to another dealer up the road a bit, but it looks like all they sell are F150s. You look at the dealership from the road and it's encompassed by nothing but trucks.
If they build the volume of R's that have been rumored it'll take a year or two. But the GT350 won't be rare. I recall seeing Boss 302's and GT500's available. They won't be lined up like GT's, but they will be out there.
In any case, the GT350 will be damn near as fast on-track as the R. The weight savings are a moot point for me as they aren't worth the trade offs and I would never keep the CF wheels for the track.
I will be shopping for a GT350 with the Track Pack once I clear out some garage space and I'll pay MSRP.
S.

Users who are viewing this thread