Dasaliac03's Kenne Bell 2v Build Thread......pic heavy!

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Finally had a day off work and was able to get a few things done! The car is basically finished!

All that is left:

Wire my electric water pump
Put intake on
Measure for proper belt length and buy said belt
Add coolant

If all goes well with work I should be getting off early this coming Wednesday just in time to drop it off to have everything looked over and tuned the following Saturday!

Ryan427

Established Member
Yea me too but it was all for a purpose and I got killer deals. Hood was to clear the new supercharger since my gt one wouldn't, got a damn good deal on it and a combo deal with the trunk so I had to take it instead of paying the exact same for just a cowl hood. And the bumper was so I can run a larger heat exchanger and it not hang out of the bottom of the bumper, couldn't find a good looking aftermarket one and I'm just not about the rousch bumper so I nabbed a cobra one[/QUOTE]

A kb 2.6 won't fit under a stock gt hood?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Yea me too but it was all for a purpose and I got killer deals. Hood was to clear the new supercharger since my gt one wouldn't, got a damn good deal on it and a combo deal with the trunk so I had to take it instead of paying the exact same for just a cowl hood. And the bumper was so I can run a larger heat exchanger and it not hang out of the bottom of the bumper, couldn't find a good looking aftermarket one and I'm just not about the rousch bumper so I nabbed a cobra one

A kb 2.6 won't fit under a stock gt hood?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad[/QUOTE]

My 1.7 BARELY fit under the stock hood, you may be able to space the k member down a bit to clear the hood but as far as I know NO it won't clear

Ryan427

Established Member
Good stuff, that will save me a lot of cussing later on down the road. Thanks. Killer build by the way! I'm doing a similar build. Mmr 5.3 stroker with 2.6kb and e85

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Finishing touches
4ih0ty.jpg

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Having a fuel pressure issue, but the car started perfectly!

Hope that gets fixed so we can tune tomorrow or Wednesday!

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Fuel Problem fixed. Was the junk napa submersible fuel hose that used for my pprv delete. Had a few leaks but good to go now.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
You didn't stay and watch!? That's the best part. Lidio told me i could drop it or could wait a month and watch. Lol I waited a month. Nothing better than watching your blood sweat and tears get wrung out on the dyno like a dirty whore.

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
You didn't stay and watch!? That's the best part. Lidio told me i could drop it or could wait a month and watch. Lol I waited a month. Nothing better than watching your blood sweat and tears get wrung out on the dyno like a dirty whore.

I had a set appointment time and got held up at work so I missed it. Sucks but oh well

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Made 520/466 with a slipping clutch and was only seeing 14lbs of boost but I did end up seeing 15lbs on the way home wide open down the empty interstate.

Since this is obviously a never ending thing, I'm getting the larger innovators west crank pulley I wanted and a smaller blower pulley. Also have to get a modified FPDM since my factory module isn't cutting it anymore.

But for 520rwhp, car feels great. Still has that clean, crisp, and QUICK throttle response that I'm used to, with the exception of 1st and 2nd gear being useless with my 305 nitto 555r's

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
As for the clutch, hopefully adjusting it will keep it from slipping. Pedal let's out at the absolute TOP so there's room to adjust. I would go ahead and replace it but I'll have to have another for the tranny swap so I'll hold off on that. It's very aggravating that my 4,000 mile spec 3+ is already slipping. 700hp capable my ass!

Users who are viewing this thread