Dasaliac03's Kenne Bell 2v Build Thread......pic heavy!

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Haven't had time to get anything done with the car, but i did get my new timing cover in! Sand blasted and some cheap high temp rattle can paint and its good to go!

vijsw1.jpg

Plan is to get the covers swapped tonight and the 8 rib pulleys installed, alternator back in and swap a battery out of my beater so i can test the fuel system for leaks and then off to the beach we go tomorrow!

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Had a few minutes of down time last night so I went ahead and knocked out all of the electrical things on the list. Extended the pcv, iat, and tps sensors to fit neatly where I needed them to go, also extended the frps sensor but didn't have the proper hoseline needed so I stopped there. Picking up some hose tomorrow and getting that one knocked off the list!

Getting closer and closer to being finished! Just need time

Last edited:

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Borrowed a pulley puller from a friend and finally got my harmonic balancer off, waiting on my new water pump that i got for a STEAL to come in. Should be able to get the new timing cover on this afternoon and get it ready to go.

Did manage to throw some high temp paint on the cover while i had some free time

feifk2.jpg

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Got a little done...........all of the bolts are out of the timing cover but 1. I cant get the powersteering pulley off to get to the last one but ill mess with it some more tomorrow.

33wr5hl.jpg

AC pulley is on though

fad8y8.jpg

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I want haha. Wish I had the know-how to do stuff like this. I think your car being a 2v makes me like/want it even more haha, keep up the good work, I'm ready for it to be running.

Saleen405

Established Member
Got a little done...........all of the bolts are out of the timing cover but 1. I cant get the powersteering pulley off to get to the last one but ill mess with it some more tomorrow.

It's probably easier to just pull the power steering pump (3 bolts), rather than the pulley off of the pump. Just my opinion.

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
It's probably easier to just pull the power steering pump (3 bolts), rather than the pulley off of the pump. Just my opinion.

Either way, the pulley would have to come off since everything is going from 6 to 8 rib

It's all off now though! Didn't snap a pic but I'll get one once I get the new timing cover on. I've got a few days off comin up so I should be able to wrap everything up soon

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member

TClark22

Established Member
I talked with your boss and told him you have come down with the flu and need to be resting until next week

:) lol

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Pic is not up to date, but all of the pulleys are on. Electirc water pump is on. Waiting on another alternator bracket beaker from tim99gt to get here so i can see if i will have to mill it down or not. Bolting up the powersteering pump, fan, intercooler tank and pump, and then my coolant tank in the morning. Will post an updated pic then.

20za690.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread