Dark Horse arrival

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Really not sure how I would tell a DH from a standard GT at this point. Yet I pulled up next to a Mach 1 in my 20 GT yesterday and I promise you everyone at the intersection knew there was something 'different' about that Mach 1 vs my GT.
I feel the same. I’m sure it’ll grow on me but I prefer my ‘23 Mach 1 until I get to see the DH in person Monday.
Still can’t wait to turn it in on the Hellcat Challenger WB currently on the assembly line in Brampton. How do the manual Hellcat 717hp run with basic pulley tune free exhaust Mike? Still have to send in the ECU?
-J

IMG_2811.jpeg

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I feel the same. I’m sure it’ll grow on me but I prefer my ‘23 Mach 1 until I get to see the DH in person Monday.
Still can’t wait to turn it in on the Hellcat Challenger WB currently on the assembly line in Brampton. How do the manual Hellcat 717hp run with basic pulley tune free exhaust Mike? Still have to send in the ECU?
-J

View attachment 1807831
Easy 60-75 rwhp from a pulley and tune on 93. Stock drivability.
PCM does need to be unlocked.

You might consider the new Direct Connect stage 2 kit. It’s a pulley and tune, dealer installed, all under warranty. It also adds the Race Gas HOM for 885 factory rated HP. And no PCM unlock with their kit.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Easy 60-75 rwhp from a pulley and tune on 93. Stock drivability.
PCM does need to be unlocked.

You might consider the new Direct Connect stage 2 kit. It’s a pulley and tune, dealer installed, all under warranty. It also adds the Race Gas HOM for 885 factory rated HP. And no PCM unlock with their kit.
I recently heard of a few kit pulley failures but not sure if they’ll have a kit for the manual cars.
I’ll get with you if my long time tuner isn’t doing SRTs
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very decent run! Any plans in 2024 to track it with better rubber?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
almost spot on with what mine ran
Good to know. He’s a big dude 6’4” 250+ and just went to baseline line it 100% stock.
He’ll be contacting you for a drag pack. We’re thinking of going down to NMRA Spring break shoot out as we missed BG.
Do the S550 wheels and tires work on these? I believe the brakes are same size as GT350 Brembos?
I’ll throw up some pics. The calipers are a cool bluish tint I didn’t realize.
-J
IMG_2948.jpeg
IMG_2947.jpeg
IMG_2944.jpeg
IMG_2943.jpeg
IMG_2942.jpeg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Good to know. He’s a big dude 6’4” 250+ and just went to baseline line it 100% stock.
He’ll be contacting you for a drag pack. We’re thinking of going down to NMRA Spring break shoot out as we missed BG.
Do the S550 wheels and tires work on these? I believe the brakes are same size as GT350 Brembos?
I’ll throw up some pics. The calipers are a cool bluish tint I didn’t realize.
-J
View attachment 1813429View attachment 1813433View attachment 1813432View attachment 1813431View attachment 1813430

That (your) gt500.... MMmmmmmmMMMMmmmmmmmmmm

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey... so what did the 500 run anyway? Dont hold out on us!
Haha I can’t beat up the green car just yet!
I’m still hoping to take it out in the next 2wks if weather holds but I’m not a fan of drag racing on stock tires. Plus that is definitely my favorite car to take out for muscle car therapy. It’s a beast on some nice twisty roads and is a great GT car.
How’s your TT Coyote doing?
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha I can’t beat up the green car just yet!
I’m still hoping to take it out in the next 2wks if weather holds but I’m not a fan of drag racing on stock tires. Plus that is definitely my favorite car to take out for muscle car therapy. It’s a beast on some nice twisty roads and is a great GT car.
How’s your TT Coyote doing?
-J

Doing great. Almost 7k miles on the motor I built for it and short of some cold start 2618 forged piston noise, she runs unbelievably well. 0 smoke, 0 oil consumption issues, just a pleasure to beat on these days haha.

I need to start working on a back up trans. Car now has 11k total miles and I'd like to have a spare/built trans ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread