Dang! I've gotten punched by Covid!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
100% normal today. Taste is back. My wife is pretty much 100% back to normal, too. A friend of mine (81 years old and not vaccinated) has all the symptoms of Omicron, but he went for a Covid test on Sunday and it was negative. He believes he and his wife have a bad cold. They're quarantining mainly because they just doesn't feel like doing anything but resting. I guess if he IS negative for Covid it shows that there are folks out there who might have a bad winter cold or flu but might think they have Covid if not tested. Or....just maybe he had a false negative test. It happens.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Good to hear it Bob. I'm on day 9. I still can't taste of smell anything which really sucks. The fatigue is killing me. I'm finding it very hard to concentrate as I try to work and read things.
The fatigue and lack of focus/motivation lasted forever for me, and I’m still dealing with it some. I’m 3.5 months post-covid and still have super foggy days here and there. My memory is also not what it was before, I’m constantly having to email myself things now whereas previously I was on top of everything all in my head. It’s frustrating to say the least.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Good to hear it Bob. I'm on day 9. I still can't taste of smell anything which really sucks. The fatigue is killing me. I'm finding it very hard to concentrate as I try to work and read things.

Hope you feel better soon. The fatigue is talked about a lot with this disease.

Are you vax'd or no?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The fatigue and lack of focus/motivation lasted forever for me, and I’m still dealing with it some. I’m 3.5 months post-covid and still have super foggy days here and there. My memory is also not what it was before, I’m constantly having to email myself things now whereas previously I was on top of everything all in my head. It’s frustrating to say the least.

That's not what I want to hear, but thanks for sharing.

Are you vax'd or no?

Thanks. I'm not vaxxed, my wife is and she is experiencing the same issues. The vax did nothing for her. In fact her fever was higher (103.7 vs 99.7) and she had the fever longer than me 3 days vs 2.
Our whole family got it and we are pretty much 50/50 vax. It didn't matter.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks. I'm not vaxxed, my wife is and she is experiencing the same issues. The vax did nothing for her. In fact her fever was higher (103.7 vs 99.7) and she had the fever longer than me 3 days vs 2.

Wow.. this is stunning to me, but pretty much exactly what i would expect based on what weve learned in these threads. Crazy, thanks for sharing and again get better soon!!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
That's not what I want to hear, but thanks for sharing.

Yeah, it sucks.

Same experience here as far as symptoms go. My wife is vaxxed and have a rougher go around with it than I did being unvaxxed. Worst symptom I had was fatigue and my head feeling like I was high on cold medicine for a couple days. She had that plus chest tightening, slight cough, etc.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I just tested positive and the only symptoms I have are just feeling like a head cold.

I had the flu in September and that knocked me on my ass for a week. 10 times worse than this.

Blown 89

Established Member
Same thing here. Vax status seems to make no difference.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad to hear your feeling better Bob.

Between 12/24 and 12/25 I had 13 family members at our house for dinner/parties.

By Sunday 12/26 11 of the 13 were getting early signs (sore throats). Of those 11, 6 ultmiately Rapid tested positive for COVID. My Dad was the worst and ended up in the emergency room on Tuesday. Got infusion on Wednesday. By Friday he was back up.

So the week between Christmas and New Years most of us were just laying around dealing with it.

Everyone, except my 13 y.o. daughter, was vaxxed and/or booster.

Interesting the two folks who didn't get it, our two most elderly high risk folks (one with Stg 4 lung cancer and one with chronic asthema, got the infusion after they tested positive for COVID earlier in 2020. So the infusion really seems to be effective for high risk folks in both preventing and, in my Dad's case, getting over the commie cough quicker.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Out here the testing sites are opening up again. The last time they opened them we saw a rush for a short while then almost nothing which resulted in wasted money and man hours and then closing shop. Today though? Cars lined up in two places for three hours almost as if the latest chinese produced nike shoe was being released. If you are not feeling well, do you really need a test before it dawns on you to sit your ass home and away from others? Spreading the flu, cold, pneumonia, etc..., is fine but Chinese 19 is where the line is drawn?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly. Unless you’re really sick just stay home hydrate and rest.
Strange thought process. What will a positive test change in the treatment plan?
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hell yeah, it drags you down big time.
I'm surprised I made it through every single day at work and every single workout. I was pretty much going through the motions at work after lunchtime mostly. My workouts were just,......blaaaaahhhhhhh. Terrible.
Loss of appetite and a bad headache every single day for a long time.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Hell yeah, it drags you down big time.
I'm surprised I made it through every single day at work and every single workout. I was pretty much going through the motions at work after lunchtime mostly. My workouts were just,......blaaaaahhhhhhh. Terrible.
Loss of appetite and a bad headache every single day for a long time.

I didnt know you got it brother. I thought you had to get vax for work?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
@biminiLX No, I knew Bob was vaxxed, was just wondering if he got the infusion also.
Depending on which variant he had, I read today that the infusion is far less effective on omicron than it is with the earlier variants.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
@biminiLX No, I knew Bob was vaxxed, was just wondering if he got the infusion also.
Depending on which variant he had, I read today that the infusion is far less effective on omicron than it is with the earlier variants.
There are 3 different antibody infusions. Apparently only one of them helps with omicron.

Users who are viewing this thread