D1sc+pump gas+22pounds of boost=592rwhp

BlackVenom99

Established Member
The thing everyone needs to realize is this is not a max effort build, It was slapped together with mainly stock ford pieces and a supercharger thrown on top. Obviously he would make a good bit more power out of that d1sc with the best of the best.

And for the guys that have "been in the scene" I'd hope you'd at least admit that it lacks quite a few mods (Ie: higher c/r,ported heads/cams/longtubes)to bring out the most of that supercharger. I think you could also admit that with the addition of those mods you'd be expecting quite a bit more.
Now you can flame me for basically saying that more money makes more power...LOL

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
The thing everyone needs to realize is this is not a max effort build, It was slapped together with mainly stock ford pieces and a supercharger thrown on top. Obviously he would make a good bit more power out of that d1sc with the best of the best.

And for the guys that have "been in the scene" I'd hope you'd at least admit that it lacks quite a few mods (Ie: higher c/r,ported heads/cams/longtubes)to bring out the most of that supercharger. I think you could also admit that with the addition of those mods you'd be expecting quite a bit more.
Now you can flame me for basically saying that more money makes more power...LOL

like i said in my previous post. it will make more power with LESS boost and MORE timing! we have a mach, with a 04 cobra longblock with the same D1SC kit on it, and on pump gas on 17lbs of boost made 630! take it as you will.. and good luck with your car..

97snakebite

Established Member
With 22#'s I thought it would make more
As well.

i made 500rwhp on a p1 with a 3.5 @5500 and ran outta fuel at 5600...im guessing the car woulda made around 520-525rwhp..so to me on a D1 w/22 psi shoulda been over.... but hey still a bad ass car yo..there are so many variables too thou

Chances50

Established Member
For the record, this guy earned it for taking my words of confusion about the lack of power and turning into me bashing him for not making enough. I was simply trying to figure out why it is so low for that setup and completely ready to offer some ideas for help. Thanks for calling me out on that though :thumbsup:

LOL at everyone that thinks we are "hating" on his car. There is an obvious confusion over his power numbers in comparison to his boost level, some people tried to offer help and ideas yet that is looked at as bashing? Come on....people need to chill the f*** out on the internet.

Excatly, im not bashing the guys setup or car, i was under the impression he was trying to figure our why the power was low.
like i said in my previous post. it will make more power with LESS boost and MORE timing! we have a mach, with a 04 cobra longblock with the same D1SC kit on it, and on pump gas on 17lbs of boost made 630! take it as you will.. and good luck with your car..

^this.:beer:

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
The mach made 630rwhp on 91 octane on 17lbs of boost.. only difference was he had longtubes.. Im not one to bash on anyone who has the same hobby as i do! i just wanted to give you a few TIPS on how to make the car even better and SAFE!! take it as you will, but ive got alot of help from several members on this forumn.. You just need to realize the difference between someone tryn to HELP and someone Bashing you..

Stanger00

Established Member
When the weather is better for you to take the car out can we expect to see mid 130's out of this car with the pump gas tune?

slvr35th

Established Member
The mach made 630rwhp on 91 octane on 17lbs of boost.. only difference was he had longtubes.. Im not one to bash on anyone who has the same hobby as i do! i just wanted to give you a few TIPS on how to make the car even better and SAFE!! take it as you will, but ive got alot of help from several members on this forumn.. You just need to realize the difference between someone tryn to HELP and someone Bashing you..
no i was on e-85 when i was at 640 randy.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Something is holding back a lot of power. That should be north of 700. I have friends with imports making more power with less displacment at 20-22 lbs.

procharged 99

Established Member
Its the low compression! Its meant For a twinscrew and alot of you guys are coming off the wrong way. take it easy.

Stanger00

Established Member
Its the low compression! Its meant For a twinscrew and alot of you guys are coming off the wrong way. take it easy.

oh really...Guess I should take back my 614 horsepower 2 valve that has 8.7:1 compression ratio. I even have less boost but am running 19* of timing with the TFS heads.

To the OP: Personally, I would rather run a 16-18lb pulley setup with 15-17* of timing over a 22-23lb pulley setup with 14* of timing. I'm not trying to sound like a dick or anything but we know that you just slapped this all together to see what you got. You know what you have now but appears you want to keep it that way with pump gas and to the majority of us it doesnt make sense but as you said we are all professional engine builders and tuners :bored: This is a forum and you will get a ton of mixed answers but in this thread everyone is saying the same thing and are not bashing.

You seem proud of this fact that your car is holding itself together revving your car out to 7k rpms although it stopped making power at 6400 rpms just to say it hit 22psi with pump gas, WAY TO GO PAL :kaboom:

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

LMFAO!!! hahahaha Yea my 8.6 compression is why my car is only making 650+ rwhp... Must be why I'm not at 700rwhp on pump gas and 93 octane.. Shit.. :lol:

Jamie R.

Established Member
Thought I'd give a update since I've finally got a clutch in the car that doesn't slip. After two more promotion clutches that slipped I finally spent the dollars on a rxt twin disc and after breaking it in I cruised over to the track. These two slow passes were full weight and just like the car drives around with the chrome cobra wheels front/back.

2.17 60ft
5.31 330ft
7.76 1/8th
100 mph
9.86 1000ft
11.62 1/4
128.89 mph

1.94 60ft
5.06 330ft
7.54 1/8th
99 mph
9.66 1000ft
11.43 1/4
128.31 mph

Still getting used to the very nice light pedal feel of the twin disc. The only downside of the light pedal is trying to find the edge of the release point that I used to have a feel for with the other clutches. I don't just pop the clutch as I still rapidly release the pedal for the irs. Anyhow I bogged the car badly on the first pass enough that I thought it was gonna cut off on me. Second pass I didn't bog it as bad but still bogged it. Car is still in the same configuration as its been since I first started this thread cept for changing clutches till finally putting the twin disc in and the car is still running fine. I still haven't made a pass on the race gas tune. I'll be going back sometime with the car but I'm not sure when since I got another lightning that I've been messing with.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

mystickb1996

Established Member
update? bro the last post was 2 years ago!!!hows the car holding up? still running the high boost and same tune?

Jamie R.

Established Member
Same tune, same setup. Just finally got around to getting a track time with a clutch that didnt slip. This isn't my only ride so its not a priority and making a 500 mile clutch break in takes me a while cause I'm in small town south ga when the clutch places r wanting break in miles in more like stop and go traffic. Car still runs fine and hasn't blown up as some speculation was. Only hiccup the car has is a random idle hunt and that's being worked out but the wot part of the tune is unchanged.

Last edited:

Jamie R.

Established Member
Yep gonna get that for ya as soon as it gets a little better weather. The idle was better the other day when I drove it and thanks again for the help!!

Users who are viewing this thread