D1sc+pump gas+22pounds of boost=592rwhp

Jamie R.

Established Member
155h3j7.jpg

This is the graph for the pump gas tune. 93 octane , 14 degrees timing, 22 pounds of boost, d1sc procharger. All pulls were done in 90 degree heat so on a cooler day I don't have much doubt the car will do 600 on pump and prolly give us back 23 pounds like we were seeing in cooler weather.

This next graph is of the race gas tune which is low because the tires started spinning on the dyno. The rollers appeared to have been worn and even my 315 mickey dr's spun which surprised me very much. The race gas tune has 9 to 10 degrees more timing in it so obviously it'll make more than 610 on race gas but with the tires spinning it was'nt gonna show.

ekjg3o.jpg

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Last edited:

Jamie R.

Established Member
What doesnt seem right? It did'nt spin the tires on pump gas and made about what we ( my buds & my bud tuning the car) thought it would make on pump gas and then we were very surprised it spun the tires on race gas. It spun the tires earlier this year on this same dyno on less boost but I had my nt05 275/40/17s on the back. This time around after breaking the new clutch in i stuck my 315/35/17 mickey t dr's on the back thinking the tire spin would be behind us but it spun on race gas so it is what is. I have no care to take the logs off and could care less how much if any they are holding the car back. Obviously the logs are'nt holding the car back to make near 600 on pump gas:rollseyes.
Redfire04gt the pulley setup is a stock 8rib truck crank pulley which appeared to be the same measurement as my stock 01 cobra crank pulley and for fuel I have 60lb injectors, stock 04 cobra tank & pumps, kb bap with a homemade wiring upgrade, and a modded fpdm.

Jamie R.

Jamie R.

Established Member
What doesnt seem right? It did'nt spin the tires on pump gas and made about what we ( my buds & my bud tuning the car) thought it would make on pump gas and then we were very surprised it spun the tires on race gas. It spun the tires earlier this year on this same dyno on less boost but I had my nt05 275/40/17s on the back. This time around after breaking the new clutch in i stuck my 315/35/17 mickey t dr's on the back thinking the tire spin would be behind us but it spun on race gas so it is what is. I have no care to take the logs off and could care less how much if any they are holding the car back. Obviously the logs are'nt holding the car back to make near 600 on pump gas:rollseyes.
Redfire04gt the pulley setup is a stock 8rib truck crank pulley which appeared to be the same measurement as my stock 01 cobra crank pulley with a reichard 3.2 pulley on the d1 and for fuel I have 60lb injectors, stock 04 cobra tank & pumps, kb bap with a homemade wiring upgrade, and a modded fpdm.

Jamie R.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Sorry for the double post but I had forgot to add wha pulley was on the d1 for redfire.
It more than likely woulda made more but it was a very hot & humid day so I think it did pretty good considering the weather down here. It woulda showed way more on race gas but the tires were spinning and 610 was the only documented number we saw. As far as I know these are corrected numbers. It did what it did. Sorry I cant please everybody here.

Jamie R.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Slo984now, no track times for me till it gets cooler down here cause it's freakin hot and humid even at night. I have no care to go and be soaked with sweat at the track with the weater the way it is down here now.

Jamie R.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Sorry for the double post but I had forgot to add wha pulley was on the d1 for redfire.
It more than likely woulda made more but it was a very hot & humid day so I think it did pretty good considering the weather down here. It woulda showed way more on race gas but the tires were spinning and 610 was the only documented number we saw. As far as I know these are corrected numbers. It did what it did. Sorry I cant please everybody here.

Jamie R.

22psi out of a d1 with 14 degrees of timing on 93 isnt exactly conservative. As long as it runs good id be happy with it, dyno numbers are just that, a number.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Slo984now, no track times for me till it gets cooler down here cause it's freakin hot and humid even at night. I have no care to go and be soaked with sweat at the track with the weater the way it is down here now.

Jamie R.

You know I had to mess with you. My buddy is bugging me about running again. :burnout:

Jamie R.

Established Member
itSSlow, the car actually ran fine and did'nt ping on 16 degrees and 23 pounds but we just wanted to be safe and backed it up to 14. The car was showing 23 pounds after the 8rib setup was installed earlier this year with cooler weather and either the belt has just worn a touch or this heat has it down a pound. We think in cooler weather it'll be back up to 23 but either way it's solidly over 20. The only reason we even took it to the dyno was to just see what it was making for the heck of it because it spun the tires on this same dyno with the 275's then we stuck a 8rib setup on it and picked up near 6 pounds and took it to another dyno and it slipped the clutch. My bud had already tuned the car so really we had no need to stick it on a dyno again. The car runs fine and thats all that really matters to me.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August 07 Issue

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That's A Lot more power than you had NA, haha! He increased his RW a Lotnot all that bad if you ask me?? Yeah the weather is Too Hot still waiting to do a tune revision with the new fuel setup, looking like Oct for that..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
What does seem right is that you are at 23 psi or 20 or whatever you are at and barely breaking 600rwhp.. That's what isn't right. It could be a number of things but as long as you're happy that's what matters.. But that setup should be closer to the 700rwhp range that's all.
Example, my last motor was a 283 motor with 9:1 compression stock 04 Cobra heads and cams, but a bigger exhaust.. Out of my T-trim which is a smaller blower and 15psi I made 610rwhp on pump 91 octane and 18 degrees of timing.

As long as you're happy that's all that matters. :beer:

Redfire04gt the pulley setup is a stock 8rib truck crank pulley which appeared to be the same measurement as my stock 01 cobra crank pulley and for fuel I have 60lb injectors, stock 04 cobra tank & pumps, kb bap with a homemade wiring upgrade, and a modded fpdm.

Jamie R.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Congrats to ya on that. This engine a a stock low compression 04 cobra engine with the only changes being my 01 cobra intake cams vs your higher comperssion engine. As I stated, we coulda went higher on the timing but rather kept it very safe it so we kept the timing at 14. Boost is 22 and it was 23 in cooler weather.

Jamie R.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I understand that and like I said as long as your happy that's all that matters.. Also .5 compression isn't even worth 15rwhp.. Also you switched the cams to a 04 Cobra cam.. Just so you know the 01 Cobra cams are more aggressive and are better for the setup :D Glad you're happy though man.

Jamie R.

Established Member
The cams I knew about and is why they were swapped.

Jamie R.

Users who are viewing this thread