D1sc+pump gas+22pounds of boost=592rwhp

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
simple solution to make more power, is to lower the boost and ADD more timing.. you set it up to make 16-18lbs of boost and run about 18*-19* of timing on pump gas, you will make more power.. then the same amout of boost on race gas, with 22*+ of timing and it will really shine!! more boost doesnt always mean more power.. chance's car makes great power for 12lbs of boost! makes more power then my car on 17.5-18lbs of boost.. just a thought for you... its your car and you can do what you want..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
simple solution to make more power, is to lower the boost and ADD more timing.. you set it up to make 16-18lbs of boost and run about 18*-19* of timing on pump gas, you will make more power.. then the same amout of boost on race gas, with 22*+ of timing and it will really shine!! more boost doesnt always mean more power.. chance's car makes great power for 12lbs of boost! makes more power then my car on 17.5-18lbs of boost.. just a thought for you... its your car and you can do what you want..

He's running a lot higher compression and E85 too :beer:

NVM I forgot you have a High compression motor too..

Last edited:

Jamie R.

Established Member
Why dont you still have the 18 degrees of timing, 91 octane, & 17 pounds of boost engine in your car? One more time for ya saleen, the engine is not "Built", this is a stock 04 cobra engine, yes it does have forged pistons/rods but it's never been opened. Chances, hate to tell ya this but my mph with a slipping clutch and a big bog off the line was right with your mph and that was no weight loss or swapping anything, just rode over kicked it on that 93 octane /14 degrees of timing tune and came up with a mph of 125.80 to go along with a lame 2.20 60ft. All you boys should get together and open a shop since ya'll apparently know everything. We never set out to have this much boost, it just happened, the blower came with a 3.2 pulley and after everything was done we had 23 in cool weather and now after some time the boost is down to 22. In the other thread ya'll haggle me on the boost and now after posting this ya'll haggle me cause for some reason it aint good enough for ya'll. I'm done with this and after my bud reminded me, i said yeah its dang true, he said now you remeber why you never post on that site.
Chances I do know about the sig but I rarely post so I never cared to have a "sig", although I will say I'm pretty dang proud of the fact I did Get on the Cover Of MM&FF's August '07 Issue for the cobra /mach shootout. Carry on and have fun I'll lurk here and look but that's it. Saleen mine is so safe my bud said I could put 89 in it and prolly not worry, now this was when it was doing 17 pounds so maybe I cant put 89 in it now, sorry you think its not gonna last but I think it willl be fine. Ya'll have fun.

Jamie R.

'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That motor isn't in the car because the fuel sending unit failed and on a long drive and it melted a piston going WOT with what I thought was half a tank of gas but clearly there was none..

Different strokes for different folks in terms what built means I guess.

The current motor is 17psi 18 degrees of timing on 93.. I have more room if I wanted to but I'm good with making 650+rwhp..

Good luck with the car man, I meant no disrespect or shit talking on you or your car, just trying to help ya out. But if you're happy that's all the matters, like I've said in damn near every post. Come back and let us know what it runs in the 1/4 so I can eat my words :beer: And don't effing put 89 in it.

Why dont you still have the 18 degrees of timing, 91 octane, & 17 pounds of boost engine in your car? One more time for ya saleen, the engine is not "Built", this is a stock 04 cobra engine, yes it does have forged pistons/rods but it's never been opened. Chances, hate to tell ya this but my mph with a slipping clutch and a big bog off the line was right with your mph and that was no weight loss or swapping anything, just rode over kicked it on that 93 octane /14 degrees of timing tune and came up with a mph of 125.80 to go along with a lame 2.20 60ft. All you boys should get together and open a shop since ya'll apparently know everything. We never set out to have this much boost, it just happened, the blower came with a 3.2 pulley and after everything was done we had 23 in cool weather and now after some time the boost is down to 22. In the other thread ya'll haggle me on the boost and now after posting this ya'll haggle me cause for some reason it aint good enough for ya'll. I'm done with this and after my bud reminded me, i said yeah its dang true, he said now you remeber why you never post on that site.
Chances I do know about the sig but I rarely post so I never cared to have a "sig", although I will say I'm pretty dang proud of the fact I did Get on the Cover Of MM&FF's August '07 Issue for the cobra /mach shootout. Carry on and have fun I'll lurk here and look but that's it. Saleen mine is so safe my bud said I could put 89 in it and prolly not worry, now this was when it was doing 17 pounds so maybe I cant put 89 in it now, sorry you think its not gonna last but I think it willl be fine. Ya'll have fun.

Jamie R.

Chances50

Established Member

Jamie R.

LOL! your car trapps 125 and you think it runs the same as mine? my first pass i bogged so hard i almost killed my car with a 2.13 60' and still pulled a 11.66@127 then backed that up with a [email protected]. my car is 100% full weight Mach with nothing more than slicks and skinnies no weight reduction.

I wasnt meaning to sound like a prick on the sig thing ( i reread what i said it came across wrong) i was just saging you dont have to type that everytime.

I actually have the issue your car was in, beautiful car man but Im not here to "bash" your setup i was actaully trying to defend you in a way. you claim big boost for no reason hell i can rev my car to 7500 rpm and im sure itll make 18-19lbs but im not making power above 6400rpm just like you...

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
Sorry for the double post but I had forgot to add wha pulley was on the d1 for redfire.
It more than likely woulda made more but it was a very hot & humid day so I think it did pretty good considering the weather down here. It woulda showed way more on race gas but the tires were spinning and 610 was the only documented number we saw. As far as I know these are corrected numbers. It did what it did. Sorry I cant please everybody here.

Jamie R.

Thanks man, sorry your thread blew up like this. :rolleyes: Pulley and fuel setups are always good references! I have a 2v and I'll be running a 7 inch IW crank and 3.4 on my d1sc being fed by dual GT pumps. Can't wait to get my build done and drive my car again. I know now that if I don't hit at least 600 not to post on here!

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Why is this guy getting all butt hurt, Your numbers look low for the combination therefore these people came in to let you know that it seems low and to look into it. You act like people are shitting on your car when actually they are trying to figure out why it is low for that much boost. If you wanna run that boost and have that little power without looking into be my guest, but don't get your panties in a bunch when people try to help.

In regards to the boost at peak power versus boost at peak rpm I can still show how this seems off. My 2v while having heads and cams still flow LESS than a stock 03/04 cobra head yet I make 556hp on ~13psi at PEAK POWER on shitty 91 in 104 degree weather. His car should easily be over 600hp with that combination. I could care less if the motor is built or not, even on a built motor running 22-23psi on pump gas is retarded.

SVTPete83

Established Member

Jamie R.

Noone is bagging on you man! (except for the guy that called you retarded). We are here trying to help you get the most from your combo safely that's all. Don't take it personal we have all been there. Last month I was having trouble cracking 500whp with my setup and everyone was really helpful. If I was in your shoes I would get a bigger pulley. Drop your boost by 4#'s and raise that timing a few points like a few others were suggesting. It will make just as much if not more power, be more efficient, and it will be a lot safer on pump gas. I know you say you do not have a "built" motor but your shortblock is good for 700whp all day with a good tune. Good luck! For your reference as well I ran a 12.40@ 124 with street tires, full weight, and 479 to the wheels.

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
First I see your saying it's a built engine, this is a stock 04 cobra engine, if you wanna call that 'built' then that's cool. Ya'll can go on all you want about this. In the other thread you were haggling me about making this much boost on pump gas, now I'm underachieving. Let me know how fast you have ran so I'll have that to shoot for. Here's a little tidbit to chew on, on a dynojet, term with a 2.3 whipple pullied for 19lbs made 600 on race gas vs what I made on pump. Friend of mine has the term and then with a 35 shot made 650. My clutch slipped on a loaded dyno so I did'nt wanna go back to that one and went back to this one after my new clutch was broke in eventhough the car spun the previous time.

Jamie R.
Haters wanna hate Jamie, and they don't even know how you drive:nonono: your car has close to 300RW more than it had before, once again congrats to you:rockon: You should maybe plan a winter trip to Fla.? Hit up Bradenton ,and also Sunshine in my neck of the woods is under renovation with new ownership and name Showtime, still an 1/8th..
I'll try and light a fire under Joe's ass to finish his motor build for the notch..

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Noone is bagging on you man! (except for the guy that called you retarded)

For the record, this guy earned it for taking my words of confusion about the lack of power and turning into me bashing him for not making enough. I was simply trying to figure out why it is so low for that setup and completely ready to offer some ideas for help. Thanks for calling me out on that though :thumbsup:

LOL at everyone that thinks we are "hating" on his car. There is an obvious confusion over his power numbers in comparison to his boost level, some people tried to offer help and ideas yet that is looked at as bashing? Come on....people need to chill the f*** out on the internet.

Last edited:

SVTPete83

Established Member
For the record, this guy earned it for taking my words of confusion about the lack of power and turning into me bashing him for not making enough. I was simply trying to figure out why it is so low for that setup and completely ready to offer some ideas for help. Thanks for calling me out on that though :thumbsup:

LOL at everyone that thinks we are "hating" on his car. There is an obvious confusion over his power numbers in comparison to his boost level, some people tried to offer help and ideas yet that is looked at as bashing? Come on....people need to chill the f*** out on the internet.

I totally agree with you on all points. And you're welcome ;)

Brutal Metal

Established Member
OK not bashing but maybe teasing like he's a teenager lacking knowledge of motors,driving,trap speeds... Not the first rodeo ...What year did you start competing in the Fun Ford 5.0 shootouts Jamie? 91 for me:D

Users who are viewing this thread