Custom single turbo kit #s (Presicion Billet BB 76mm)

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
First I would like to thank Street Lethal Performance for the great work they did on my car. I have never been treated so well by a shop! I am the kinda guy that has alway done everything to my own car with the help of friends. However this project was a bit to big for a garage project. :shrug: Luckly I found a shop that I trust so after I finished the 01 Cobra parts swap they set off on a mission to build a turbo kit for my 03 Cobra. :beer: I was in constant communication with them and we were bouncing ideas back and forth. Let me know what you think!

Here is the run down of the build but not every single part.
Factory stock engine, 01 cobra intake, fore hat, gt pumps, -8 line, fore rails and 60lbs injectors), t-56 with McLeod street twin (swapping to a TH400), 3.55 gears, full MM front suspension upgrade, full IRS bushing upgrade and everything else back there, Street Lethal Performance custom single turbo kit from headers to intercooler. (Everything but the intake elbow was made in house! Well it was modified. LOL)

Final numbers at 16psi on 93 pump 747rwhp/784rwtq. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d1rkq4IMYU"]YouTube - Ryanturbodyno.wmv[/nomedia] :pop:

We are holding off on turning it up anymore until the new built engine goes in because we passed my goal of 700rwhp. :bowdown:

Last edited:

20-COBRA-03

Banned
those numbers seem pretty crazy for 16lbs... even on the billet 76. What do your timing tables look like? What spark plugs are you running at that boost level? Congrats!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
damn those are crazy numbers!!! congrats man!! cars like yours make me what to go turbo so bad :beer:

ruthless

Established Member
those numbers seem pretty crazy for 16lbs... even on the billet 76. What do your timing tables look like? What spark plugs are you running at that boost level? Congrats!

Timing is low and it didnt want very much. I will need to talk to the guys at the shop and its less than 15*. I am running TR7 plugs that are one step colder than the tr6s.

ruthless

Established Member
Congrats man! Those are some stout #s! Told ya that Billet 76 is the shit!

Thank you! You are right the turbo is one mean SOB. I think its mad that I am only running 16psi. LOL It ramps up so hard we know it wants to run in the mid 20s. Your post helped me a bunch with my build and thank you for sharing what you do with the on-line community.

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
IIRC, from what it looked like it was a bunch of gaskets or spacers stacked on eachother. That's what it looked like to me.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Awesome setup man! That turbo is sick!

I’ve wanted to do a forward facing header setup for a while. Originally I wanted to just get a Hellion setup, and then just modify all of the up piping for it. But after thinking about it and looking at your setup the down pipe would have to be changed too….Just curious, did the shop ever try flipping the stock manifolds? Not sure how that would be for fitment with the oil cooler and ac compressor on the pass side, just wondering if they tried it or not…

ruthless

Established Member
holy intake spacer!!! care to tell me where you got that badboy from??

The spacer is a 3/8 with a OEM gasket on each side. We have no idea if it helped power but it gave us more room for the piping.

Get that baby to the track so we can really see if its making power

Oh it makes the power but the track is going to be tricky A: Not breaking the IRS axles. (upgrading to DSS pro levels B: Traction. Getting he CCW Clasic drag pack with good sticky tires.

Just curious, did the shop ever try flipping the stock manifolds? Not sure how that would be for fitment with the oil cooler and ac compressor on the pass side, just wondering if they tried it or not…
We didnt have a set to try but I am going to say that the stock manifolds wouldnt have fit correctly with my K-member. The custom set is even close.

Last edited:

fastmustang70

Established Member
Am just letting you know that power level for a stock engine with only 16psi is pretty impossiable to make thats y i say take it to the track when is going 130 trap speeds only its not making that power just so you know

ruthless

Established Member
Am just letting you know that power level for a stock engine with only 16psi is pretty impossiable to make thats y i say take it to the track when is going 130 trap speeds only its not making that power just so you know

:dw: Haters going to hate. Its real man so dont worry yourself about it. I am just saying that my car is not 100% setup for the 1/4 so in its current form its not going to put out the numbers it could if it were full drag preped.

Users who are viewing this thread