Current New Vehicle Market

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I’d pay to see that or purple cattle guard road in NM.

Neither one of their vehicles would survive at over 5mph lol

template-im-in-0c6db91aec9c.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What's the track record of the 2022+ Ford Explorers?
I remember them having some issues a couple years back. What's the track record on the 22's? I really like the ST awd version.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
What's the track record of the 2022+ Ford Explorers?
I remember them having some issues a couple years back. What's the track record on the 22's? I really like the ST awd version.

I had a 2021 Explorer ST. It was one with the 2 bolt rear end.
All 2022 ST Explorers have 1 bolt for the rear end. Ford's fix was to make sure the emergency brake would still work once the rear end failed lol.

It was a nice SUV/DD. However, it was loaded with electrical gremlins and unfortunately my go to Ford dealer didn't care to address anything. Seemed like a good product with so-so QC/QA.
Just got an email that the next owner has taken it a few times into the dealership and they finally replaced some wiring via carfax updates lol.

Probably a good thing I traded it in right away as it was impressive at how fast it would hit 110+ for a SUV.

Wouldn't mind another but didn't like that I bought high either so I traded it while the value was still high.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

New vehicle industry sales seen up 9% in August, while used vehicles sales down 17%

F -0.20%Sep. 05, 2022 2:11 PM ET8 Comments
  • According to TrueCar total new vehicle industry sales is expected to reach 1,152,846 units in August 2022, up 9% Y/Y, and slightly up from July 2022.

• Excluding fleet sales, U.S. retail deliveries of new cars and light trucks is expected to be 1,015,575 units, up 6% Y/Y and up about 3% from July 2022.
  • August seasonally adjusted annualized rate (or SAAR) for total light vehicle industry sales is an estimated 13M, down 14% Y/Y.
  • Incentive spend is down 52% Y/Y but up 9% from previous month.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a 2021 Explorer ST. It was one with the 2 bolt rear end.
All 2022 ST Explorers have 1 bolt for the rear end. Ford's fix was to make sure the emergency brake would still work once the rear end failed lol.

It was a nice SUV/DD. However, it was loaded with electrical gremlins and unfortunately my go to Ford dealer didn't care to address anything. Seemed like a good product with so-so QC/QA.
Just got an email that the next owner has taken it a few times into the dealership and they finally replaced some wiring via carfax updates lol.

Probably a good thing I traded it in right away as it was impressive at how fast it would hit 110+ for a SUV.

Wouldn't mind another but didn't like that I bought high either so I traded it while the value was still high.
Thanks man. I appreciate the info.
I knew they had some issues, just wanted to hear some real life dealings.

Tezz500

Established Member

I really can’t give you any complaints.

1 small issue we had was with some wiring in the backup camera that would go blue now and then. Fixed under warranty. (Knock on wood) No other issues.

It’s phenomenal in the Snow. They said March 2021 was the worst snow storm in 13 years out here. Got Buried my 2nd week working for the company and made it to work with no issue. Shit was apocalyptic lol.

As mentioned earlier, Crystal Colorado is in the mountains, some serious testy “roads” between Crested Butte Marble and Crystal… you look down the side of the mountain and see rolled over trucks that didn’t make it. We made it with no issues.

Utility is great.
Comfort is top notch.
Plenty of Luxury to match the Performance.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

1 small issue we had was with some wiring in the backup camera that would go blue now and then. Fixed under warranty. (Knock on wood) No other issues.

It’s phenomenal in the Snow. They said March 2021 was the worst snow storm in 13 years out here. Got Buried my 2nd week working for the company and made it to work with no issue. Shit was apocalyptic lol.

As mentioned earlier, Crystal Colorado is in the mountains, some serious testy “roads” between Crested Butte Marble and Crystal… you look down the side of the mountain and see rolled over trucks that didn’t make it. We made it with no issues.

Utility is great.
Comfort is top notch.
Thanks man. I appreciate your feedback.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Not trying to hijack the thread here but own a late model 20 Platinum, 99.9% ST LOL

Only have 2 big complains, my rear camera turning blue (recall didnt fix it, need to take it in again) and my sunroof cover got stuck.

Mild/picky complaints, B&O stereo is decent not great IMO my 18 Sport sounded better, the vertical screen sucks with carplay/android auto and backup camera.

Overall its been great aside from those things. MPG is pretty good for what it is, finally has a good size tank, interior space and comfort is great.

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Our 2021 Explorer ST has been rock solid. Taken it on numerous long trips, up to 21k miles on it now. The only issue was the recall for the emergency brake. No other problems at all.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

Utility is great.
Comfort is top notch.
LOL... I know a guy that would take his New Beetle fishing back in in there and had no problems.

Tezz500

Established Member
LOL... I know a guy that would take his New Beetle fishing back in in there and had no problems.

You can probably make it to Devils Punch bowl from Crested butte but you’re not going from Created Butte to Marble in a Beetle. Sorry. Not happening.

Most traffic you’ll see through there is off road buggies, ATVs, Jeeps and such.

Knock it all you want, I really don’t care. Our 2020 Explorer ST has been a great purchase.

Tezz500

Established Member

You can probably make it to Devils Punch bowl from Crested butte but you’re not going from Created Butte to Marble in a Beetle. Sorry. Not happening.

Most traffic you’ll see through there is off road buggies, ATVs, Jeeps and such.

Knock it all you want, I really don’t care. Our 2020 Explorer ST has been a great purchase.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

He would get back there 3-4 times per year to go fishing at various lakes/rivers. He'd regularly comment about how capable his little POS Beetle was, and how all the big 4x4 guys would look down on him and his little round car.

On the other end of the spectrum, there was a rock crawling group that crawled across and up near anything.

I had a 5.7L Durango that was pretty capable for a family of 6. The only downside was the fuel tank was too small to make it far down the trails.

Tezz500

Established Member
He would get back there 3-4 times per year to go fishing at various lakes/rivers. He'd regularly comment about how capable his little POS Beetle was, and how all the big 4x4 guys would look down on him and his little round car.

On the other end of the spectrum, there was a rock crawling group that crawled across and up near anything.

I had a 5.7L Durango that was pretty capable for a family of 6. The only downside was the fuel tank was too small to make it far down the trails.

There are several ponds on either side of Crystal before any real obstacles. That’s probably what he’s referring to.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not trying to hijack the thread here but own a late model 20 Platinum, 99.9% ST LOL

Only have 2 big complains, my rear camera turning blue (recall didnt fix it, need to take it in again) and my sunroof cover got stuck.

Mild/picky complaints, B&O stereo is decent not great IMO my 18 Sport sounded better, the vertical screen sucks with carplay/android auto and backup camera.

Overall its been great aside from those things. MPG is pretty good for what it is, finally has a good size tank, interior space and comfort is great.
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread