Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I have 0 as well.

You can’t have it back Nick.

out-down.gif

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Doesnt always happen. They even ran my relatives credit, above 750, they didnt budge. We left, they didnt care. So I just steer away from them in general. Could be a huge waste of time especially if its a far drive.
I had the same experience recently. Local dealership (there are MANY that do this) had all kinds of BS dealer add-ons that were a) WAY too marked up, and b) I didn't want a single one of them. I told them I'd buy right now if they removed all that BS. They didn't care, let me walk right out. That's fine, I bought 2 vehicles from a different dealership that had no BS add-ons.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn’t compare them.

I have a 13 GT500.
I had a 14 and an 08.
I said I have experience with the Flappy paddle set up. The Explorer ST is not a minivan. Dismiss it all you want, it’s a Ford Performance Vehicle.

I don’t get why the 2020+ guys get so bent when someone doesn’t go GooGoo GaaGaa over their rides…

Let’s hijack this shall we? Since you wanted to roll down this road I’m all for pushing it off the cliff.

1. The 2020+ GT500 has no input from Carroll Shelby. That is something of a sticking point to me. It bears the Shelby name. Nothing more.
2. The Carbon Fiber Track Pack makes the damn thing look like it belongs in Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. It’s so riced out I just can’t stomach it.
3. No manual. I don’t feel apart of the car or the driving experience if I’m not banging gears.
4. It’s MASSIVE. 4,183lbs compared to the 13 weighing 3,850… 333lbs is a lot.
5. It’s not a factory 200mph car. Congrats Ford, you spent years fine tuning the GT500 to be slower than the version 7 years older.

I just can’t justify making that trade for a vehicle I personally don’t see at an improvement to my driving experience.

Now, rip apart that comparison all you want. It’s GT500 to GT500. Nothing for you to bitch and moan about apples to oranges/Coupe to SUV.

Have at it.

Some 2020 guys can’t handle it when some prefer the older model.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

C2tuck

Established Member
Yes, the random Chinese lockdowns affecting suppliers worldwide. The pressure on companies to take a hard look at being in China intensifies with 2 years of getting screwed over getting old.

Has there been a shortage of smartphones or laptops that I’m not aware of. Don’t most of them come from China and use chips?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Has there been a shortage of smartphones or laptops that I’m not aware of. Don’t most of them come from China and use chips?

Complex answer, LOL. Yes some do, yes they do, automakers canceled orders at beginning of covid and paid for that decision by going to the end of the line, not all chips are equal, yes computer and phone production was affected, key firms were treated differently by Chinese authorities, yes some plants locked their workers in to keep producing.

Dusten

Established Member
I didn’t compare them.

I have a 13 GT500.
I had a 14 and an 08.
I said I have experience with the Flappy paddle set up. The Explorer ST is not a minivan. Dismiss it all you want, it’s a Ford Performance Vehicle.

I don’t get why the 2020+ guys get so bent when someone doesn’t go GooGoo GaaGaa over their rides…

Let’s hijack this shall we? Since you wanted to roll down this road I’m all for pushing it off the cliff.

1. The 2020+ GT500 has no input from Carroll Shelby. That is something of a sticking point to me. It bears the Shelby name. Nothing more.
2. The Carbon Fiber Track Pack makes the damn thing look like it belongs in Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. It’s so riced out I just can’t stomach it.
3. No manual. I don’t feel apart of the car or the driving experience if I’m not banging gears.
4. It’s MASSIVE. 4,183lbs compared to the 13 weighing 3,850… 333lbs is a lot.
5. It’s not a factory 200mph car. Congrats Ford, you spent years fine tuning the GT500 to be slower than the version 7 years older.

I just can’t justify making that trade for a vehicle I personally don’t see at an improvement to my driving experience.

Now, rip apart that comparison all you want. It’s GT500 to GT500. Nothing for you to bitch and moan about apples to oranges/Coupe to SUV.

Have at it.

Whether it's a fp vehicle or not, it's paddles on an automatic and automatic that is at its power limits in that vehicle. While a dct shifts automatically it is still a clutch based transmission and it's shift mannerisms are vastly different.

This is my experience owning a dsg s4 and the follow in auto version with paddles.

Tezz500

Established Member
Whether it's a fp vehicle or not, it's paddles on an automatic and automatic that is at its power limits in that vehicle. While a dct shifts automatically it is still a clutch based transmission and it's shift mannerisms are vastly different.

This is my experience owning a dsg s4 and the follow in auto version with paddles.
Agreed.

But its still not stomping a clutch pedal, gripping a shifter, slamming it forward.

It doesn't feel like you're apart of the car.

Side note... My Focus has a DCT...

Anyway, its only one of many reasons Im not sold on the newer model GT500.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Agreed.

But its still not stomping a clutch pedal, gripping a shifter, slamming it forward.

Here you go, you can even stall the car with it :cool:

Someone reinvented the manual transmission. Here's how​

Koeniggsegg reveals new technology​

By Gary Gastelu | Fox News

Now you really can have it all, if you are willing to pay for it.
Swedish supercar builder Koenigsegg is using cutting edge technology to give its customers a very old-fashioned driving experience.
The company is known for its multi-million cars that are capable of reaching speeds in excess of 275 mph, but also breakthrough automotive innovations.

Its designed modern internal combustion engines that do not use camshafts and is a hybrid car with a single-speed transmission.
KOENIGSEGG JESKO SUPERCAR AIMS FOR 300 MPH WITH ‘LIGHT SPEED’ TECH
kegg-5.jpg

(Koenigsegg )
Now it has a nine-speed gearbox that can either work like an automatic transmission or a six-speed manual with a clutch pedal, depending on your mood.
It is similar to what is known as a dual-clutch automatic transmission, which typically does not have a clutch pedal and uses computers to switch between gears up or down almost instantaneously.
kegg-2.jpg

(Koenigsegg )
Koenigsegg's has seven clutches, however, and is not only faster at making changes, but can skip over gears for even better response during sporty driving.
However, it is set to make its debut in a new model called the CC850, which has a gated manual shifter with six speeds. Here is how it works.
The car is also equipped with a clutch pedal, which works by wire and is not directly connected to the transmission.

kegg-4.jpg

(Koenigsegg )
Instead, it uses force feedback to give the driver the sensation of engaging the clutch as it does exactly that without the computer intervening.
You can even stall it if you mess it up, but the idea is to make the driving itself a more engaging experience, as most high-end supercars have eliminated manual transmissions from their lineups altogether in a quest to maximize performance and meet efficiency regulations.
MORE PERFORMANCE CAR NEWS FROM FOX NEWS AUTOS
Another unique feature is that, since the transmission has nine speeds to play with, different modes have six different gear ratios that are optimized for street and track driving.
A Koenigsegg CC850 during the 2022 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in Pebble Beach, California, US, on Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022. Since 1950, the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance has hosted the world's most beautiful and expensive collectible cars for a week of lavish parties, blue-chip auctions, glamorous rallies, and exclusive high-roller meetings.

A Koenigsegg CC850 during the 2022 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in Pebble Beach, California, US, on Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022. Since 1950, the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance has hosted the world's most beautiful and expensive collectible cars for a week of lavish parties, blue-chip auctions, glamorous rallies, and exclusive high-roller meetings. (David Paul Morris/Bloomberg via Getty Images)
The CC850 is powered by a turbocharged 5.0-liter V8 that is rated at 1,169 hp when running on gasoline and 1,366 hp one E85.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The company has not said exactly how quick or fast it is yet, but founder Christian von Koenigsegg calls it the TWMPAFMPC, which is an acronym for The World’s Most Powerful And Fastest Manual Production Car.

Pricing has been revealed, however, and the number is nearly as long as that name, starting at around $3,600,000.

Tezz500

Established Member

Swedish supercar builder Koenigsegg is using cutting edge technology to give its customers a very old-fashioned driving experience.
The company is known for its multi-million cars that are capable of reaching speeds in excess of 275 mph, but also breakthrough automotive innovations.

Its designed modern internal combustion engines that do not use camshafts and is a hybrid car with a single-speed transmission.
kegg-5.jpg

(Koenigsegg )
Now it has a nine-speed gearbox that can either work like an automatic transmission or a six-speed manual with a clutch pedal, depending on your mood.
It is similar to what is known as a dual-clutch automatic transmission, which typically does not have a clutch pedal and uses computers to switch between gears up or down almost instantaneously.
kegg-2.jpg

(Koenigsegg )
Koenigsegg's has seven clutches, however, and is not only faster at making changes, but can skip over gears for even better response during sporty driving.
However, it is set to make its debut in a new model called the CC850, which has a gated manual shifter with six speeds. Here is how it works.
The car is also equipped with a clutch pedal, which works by wire and is not directly connected to the transmission.

kegg-4.jpg

(Koenigsegg )
Instead, it uses force feedback to give the driver the sensation of engaging the clutch as it does exactly that without the computer intervening.
You can even stall it if you mess it up, but the idea is to make the driving itself a more engaging experience, as most high-end supercars have eliminated manual transmissions from their lineups altogether in a quest to maximize performance and meet efficiency regulations.
Another unique feature is that, since the transmission has nine speeds to play with, different modes have six different gear ratios that are optimized for street and track driving.
A Koenigsegg CC850 during the 2022 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in Pebble Beach, California, US, on Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022. Since 1950, the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance has hosted the world's most beautiful and expensive collectible cars for a week of lavish parties, blue-chip auctions, glamorous rallies, and exclusive high-roller meetings.'Elegance in Pebble Beach, California, US, on Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022. Since 1950, the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance has hosted the world's most beautiful and expensive collectible cars for a week of lavish parties, blue-chip auctions, glamorous rallies, and exclusive high-roller meetings.

A Koenigsegg CC850 during the 2022 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in Pebble Beach, California, US, on Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022. Since 1950, the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance has hosted the world's most beautiful and expensive collectible cars for a week of lavish parties, blue-chip auctions, glamorous rallies, and exclusive high-roller meetings. (David Paul Morris/Bloomberg via Getty Images)
The CC850 is powered by a turbocharged 5.0-liter V8 that is rated at 1,169 hp when running on gasoline and 1,366 hp one E85.
The company has not said exactly how quick or fast it is yet, but founder Christian von Koenigsegg calls it the TWMPAFMPC, which is an acronym for The World’s Most Powerful And Fastest Manual Production Car.

Pricing has been revealed, however, and the number is nearly as long as that name, starting at around $3,600,000.
Mehhhh...

I don't think I'm "refined" enough for a vehicle like that... Ill stick with my Shelby.

Established Member
So its a fake stick? It feels like a clutch but its fake pressure. Man, when they finally put this much effort into a doll, women might become obsolete. In the long run, the animated version would probably be cheaper, and could get "updates" as needed. Dude needs to focus on where the big business is. Sell to the masses, not the classes.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
So its a fake stick? It feels like a clutch but its fake pressure. Man, when they finally put this much effort into a doll, women might become obsolete. In the long run, the animated version would probably be cheaper, and could get "updates" as needed. Dude needs to focus on where the big business is. Sell to the masses, not the classes.

I told my wife last night I was buying a sex robot. That conversation went bad in a hurry. She td me she’d take one too. I followed that up by saying we can get one with male and female parts and use it at the same time.

At this point she stopped because she knew I wasn’t worth talking to anymore. I went ahead and sealed the seal by calling the male parts for myself.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

kegg-5.jpg

(Koenigsegg )
kegg-2.jpg

(Koenigsegg )

kegg-4.jpg

(Koenigsegg )
A Koenigsegg CC850 during the 2022 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in Pebble Beach, California, US, on Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022. Since 1950, the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance has hosted the world's most beautiful and expensive collectible cars for a week of lavish parties, blue-chip auctions, glamorous rallies, and exclusive high-roller meetings.'Elegance in Pebble Beach, California, US, on Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022. Since 1950, the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance has hosted the world's most beautiful and expensive collectible cars for a week of lavish parties, blue-chip auctions, glamorous rallies, and exclusive high-roller meetings.

As much as you’re on this site… you’d think you’d know an entire thread was made about this car

Dusten

Established Member
Agreed.

I never said they were the same. I just said comparing an auto SUV with paddles and a true dct with performance characteristics isnt a good comparison. Neither is the dct in the focus.

Tezz500

Established Member
I never said they were the same. I just said comparing an auto SUV with paddles and a true dct with performance characteristics isnt a good comparison. Neither is the dct in the focus.

Well guess what, I still ain’t buying one and that Flappy Paddle gear box is one of the main factors keeping me in my 13.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
True but.... there's no extra pedal with shift knob on DCT which I think its his point.

DCT's feel like you're driving a manual stick with the jerkiness and clunkiness low speeds but drives like an auto in terms of not having an actual clutch pedal to engage gears.

Which I would say its his point, there's no "fun" or feel like you have as much control regardless of it being slower.

Users who are viewing this thread