Current New Vehicle Market

kaz109

Established Member
And a new Vette at the same price point will walk the dog on that POS.
But a new vette does not have three pedals . For a while everyone ( I’m assuming you were one of them) on this site was saying they would rather be slower and have a manual .

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
But a new vette does not have three pedals . For a while everyone ( I’m assuming you were one of them) on this site was saying they would rather be slower and have a manual .
The Explorer ST has that Flappy Paddle Shifter shit... Its OK... Im not saying its BAD by any means... But jumping in the Shelby and rowing gears like a ****ing MAN just hits different.... Its one of the main reasons I've held out on going to a 2020+ GT500.

kaz109

Established Member
The Explorer ST has that Flappy Paddle Shifter shit... Its OK... Im not saying its BAD by any means... But jumping in the Shelby and rowing gears like a ****ing MAN just hits different.... Its one of the main reasons I've held out on going to a 2020+ GT500.
Comparing a SUV to a 2020 GT500 just because they both have paddle shifters is pretty……. (for lack of a better word) Dumb. But again this subject is all about preference so hey if that’s what it takes for you to feel like a man I support it

Tezz500

Established Member
Comparing a SUV to a 2020 GT500 just because they both have paddle shifters is pretty……. (for lack of a better word) Dumb. But again this subject is all about preference so hey if that’s what it takes for you to feel like a man I support it

I’m not comparing the two vehicles. I’m explaining that I have experience with the shifting mechanics behind the flappy paddle set up.

Thinking I’m comparing a GT500 to an SUV is pretty….. (for lack of a better word) Dumb.

kaz109

Established Member
I’m not comparing the two vehicles. I’m explaining that I have experience with the shifting mechanics behind the flappy paddle set up.

Thinking I’m comparing a GT500 to an SUV is pretty….. (for lack of a better word) Dumb.
I should’ve been more specific…… thinking you have experience because you have use the shifting mechanics in a suv is dumb. They put put paddles in mini vans and rent a car Altima’s ….. that doesn’t mean it’s the same as a GT500. So yes you did compare them but no matter , you like what you like and that’s fine. I enjoy rowing gears from time to time as well

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I have 0 as well.

It is hard to tell what is truly happening with production. I mean, it probably is chip shortage with EV's being prioritized along with the Chinese still locking down cities hurting various parts makers. Hard to see the OEM's getting ahead of demand without a serious recession, which is depressing.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is hard to tell what is truly happening with production. I mean, it probably is chip shortage with EV's being prioritized along with the Chinese still locking down cities hurting various parts makers. Hard to see the OEM's getting ahead of demand without a serious recession, which is depressing.

The need for vehicles, is still very real and very underserved. Sure, people that don't necessarily need to buy a new car/used car may hold off until rates go down some, prices go down, etc...but I see people every day that truly need a new car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Stockpiling as in waiting for chips, again. Chevy shut their truck plant in Mexico down for same reason.

Ford is having a harder time getting windshield wiper motors, than they are chips, at the moment.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ford is having a harder time getting windshield wiper motors, than they are chips, at the moment.

Yes, the random Chinese lockdowns affecting suppliers worldwide. The pressure on companies to take a hard look at being in China intensifies with 2 years of getting screwed over getting old.

Tezz500

Established Member
I should’ve been more specific…… thinking you have experience because you have use the shifting mechanics in a suv is dumb. They put put paddles in mini vans and rent a car Altima’s ….. that doesn’t mean it’s the same as a GT500. So yes you did compare them but no matter , you like what you like and that’s fine. I enjoy rowing gears from time to time as well

I didn’t compare them.

I have a 13 GT500.
I had a 14 and an 08.
I said I have experience with the Flappy paddle set up. The Explorer ST is not a minivan. Dismiss it all you want, it’s a Ford Performance Vehicle.

I don’t get why the 2020+ guys get so bent when someone doesn’t go GooGoo GaaGaa over their rides…

Let’s hijack this shall we? Since you wanted to roll down this road I’m all for pushing it off the cliff.

1. The 2020+ GT500 has no input from Carroll Shelby. That is something of a sticking point to me. It bears the Shelby name. Nothing more.
2. The Carbon Fiber Track Pack makes the damn thing look like it belongs in Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. It’s so riced out I just can’t stomach it.
3. No manual. I don’t feel apart of the car or the driving experience if I’m not banging gears.
4. It’s MASSIVE. 4,183lbs compared to the 13 weighing 3,850… 333lbs is a lot.
5. It’s not a factory 200mph car. Congrats Ford, you spent years fine tuning the GT500 to be slower than the version 7 years older.

I just can’t justify making that trade for a vehicle I personally don’t see at an improvement to my driving experience.

Now, rip apart that comparison all you want. It’s GT500 to GT500. Nothing for you to bitch and moan about apples to oranges/Coupe to SUV.

Have at it.

kaz109

Established Member
I didn’t compare them.

I have a 13 GT500.
I had a 14 and an 08.
I said I have experience with the Flappy paddle set up. The Explorer ST is not a minivan. Dismiss it all you want, it’s a Ford Performance Vehicle.

I don’t get why the 2020+ guys get so bent when someone doesn’t go GooGoo GaaGaa over their rides…

Let’s hijack this shall we? Since you wanted to roll down this road I’m all for pushing it off the cliff.

1. The 2020+ GT500 has no input from Carroll Shelby. That is something of a sticking point to me. It bears the Shelby name. Nothing more.
2. The Carbon Fiber Track Pack makes the damn thing look like it belongs in Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. It’s so riced out I just can’t stomach it.
3. No manual. I don’t feel apart of the car or the driving experience if I’m not banging gears.
4. It’s MASSIVE. 4,183lbs compared to the 13 weighing 3,850… 333lbs is a lot.
5. It’s not a factory 200mph car. Congrats Ford, you spent years fine tuning the GT500 to be slower than the version 7 years older.

I just can’t justify making that trade for a vehicle I personally don’t see at an improvement to my driving experience.

Now, rip apart that comparison all you want. It’s GT500 to GT500. Nothing for you to bitch and moan about apples to oranges/Coupe to SUV.

Have at it.
Your reply shows that my post went completely over your head and for that reason I’ll see myself out .

Tezz500

Established Member
Your reply shows that my post went completely over your head and for that reason I’ll see myself out .

XAkjviN.gif

Users who are viewing this thread