Current New Vehicle Market

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Proof of this?

Pretty sure I read an article not too terribly long ago from Rocket Mortage saying that last year was an all-time high for cash-out refis...and that 8X% of them were paying for home improvements, 1X% student loan debt, and the remainder spread out over several categories.
How much of the market does Rocket Mortgage make up? considering their rates are ****ing HORRID.... I cant imagine its much... but since were asking for "Proof..."

can you send a link to this article of said Data so we can verify your assessment?

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know how they get the data of what people are going to do with the money, but if it was me and I planned on doing something stupid with it (very possible so I won't get one) I would totally tell them it was for home improvements.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s another thing that might F things up too. People cashing out on a second mortgage on their homes, because supposedly home values are set to drop this year 10-30 percent. I don’t know details but I’m sure a shit ton of people took cash out on their homes.

Tezz500

Established Member
That’s another thing that might F things up too. People cashing out on a second mortgage on their homes, because supposedly home values are set to drop this year 10-30 percent. I don’t know details but I’m sure a shit ton of people took cash out on their homes.
I hope you got some articles or documents to back up that statement there BUDDY!

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
I hope you got some articles or documents to back up that statement there BUDDY!
I heard it on the internet somewhere so it must be true. Haha. But the best I can find is nobody really knows or wants to really admit it. Some say we are in a bubble while others say some areas will see up to a 10 percent drop. And then others say no, values will stay steady or rise a little. Bunch of blah blah blah.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How much of the market does Rocket Mortgage make up? considering their rates are ****ing HORRID.... I cant imagine its much... but since were asking for "Proof..."

can you send a link to this article of said Data so we can verify your assessment?

I'll look for it!

Quick Google machine quotes this guy at 50%+ take out cash out refis to improve their homes.

Tezz500

Established Member

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll look for it!

Quick Google machine quotes this guy at 50%+ take out cash out refis to improve their homes.

Re your article: No comment from you or anyone else on the new “shared equity” option for homeowners to access their cash eh?

Holy shit the collapse is going to be historic with firms coming up with this type of shit.

Unbelievable

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tezz500

Established Member
Re your article: No comment from you or anyone else on the new “shared equity” option for homeowners to access their cash eh?

Holy shit the collapse is going to be historic with firms coming up with this type of shit.

Unbelievable

Time to make
Some money on some cheap property!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jesus if HELOCs are @ or close to 50% for consumer debt it’s way worse than I thought…..

No. He said that 50%+ of HELOCs were taken out for upgrades to the house.

Unbelievable

I didn't comment on it, because that's the first time I've ever read that and don't understand it enough to make a comment.

At face value, sounds awfully familiar to interest only home loans from the late 90s.

DUMB.

Tezz500

Established Member
No. He said that 50%+ of HELOCs were taken out for upgrades to the house.

I didn't comment on it, because that's the first time I've ever read that and don't understand it enough to make a comment.

At face value, sounds awfully familiar to interest only home loans from the late 90s.

DUMB.

I read it and understood it. And since it didn’t say “80%” or “70%” or “60%”…..

I said @ or CLOSE TO 50% NOT home improvements but Consumer debt….

That’s really ****ing BAD… I figured it would be in the 20-25% MAX.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I read it and understood it. And since it didn’t say “80%” or “70%” or “60%”…..

I said @ or CLOSE TO 50% NOT home improvements but Consumer debt….

That’s really ****ing BAD… I figured it would be in the 20-25% MAX.

Alrighty then.

Dusten

Established Member
My reading comprehension is just fine. You’re just too ****ing stupid to understand this market is gonna take a shit and is already in the throes of said shit.

Enjoy your 30yo Shitbox Land Cruiser LOL.

I'll enjoy my paid for Uber reliable land cruiser while the market tanks.

Show me one time where I said the market isnt in trouble? Or is sustainable?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I like watching these guys and their daily content:

A couple of notes from their brief, 10 minute video for today:

1. Average EV purchase in April was $65K (cue Mayor Pete and his "just buy an EV" quote).

2. Average price of a new vehicle transaction in April was $46K (holy shit!)

3. The number of EV's registered so far in 2022 is 60% higher than the number registered during the same time period in 2021.

All this talk about EV's and the government is noticing. Many states are tacking on a surcharge for EV's at the time of registration. Their rationale is that if you ain't buying gas, you should still pay us because you use the road. Talk about discouraging people to go EV for "cleaner" vehicles. Save the environment! But the government still cometh for what's theirs! LOL

Registration fees for your EV by state

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like watching these guys and their daily content:

A couple of notes from their brief, 10 minute video for today:

1. Average EV purchase in April was $65K (cue Mayor Pete and his "just buy an EV" quote).

2. Average price of a new vehicle transaction in April was $46K (holy shit!)

3. The number of EV's registered so far in 2022 is 60% higher than the number registered during the same time period in 2021.

All this talk about EV's and the government is noticing. Many states are tacking on a surcharge for EV's at the time of registration. Their rationale is that if you ain't buying gas, you should still pay us because you use the road. Talk about discouraging people to go EV for "cleaner" vehicles. Save the environment! But the government still cometh for what's theirs! LOL

Registration fees for your EV by state

As far as #3 goes...duh. There weren't as many available last year.

Users who are viewing this thread