Current New Vehicle Market

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Even at those 'deals' they aren't moving.
Hopefully its a coming trend to all EV makers. Got a Mach-E as a loaner, its not for me. Car rides smooth and has comfortable seats and thats about it. The back seats are cramped like a small sedan, can accel fast in the right speeds below 50 but feels like a snail anything higher. The humongous screen looks out of place and overall dashboard looks meh and no physical buttons

Even worse, it performs worse at highway with mileage. I just dont see the appeal to them at all and why people praise their EV cars. Have yet to charge it and hopefully i dont, no reason to stick around the store or mall for over an hour just to charge it.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Hopefully its a coming trend to all EV makers. Got a Mach-E as a loaner, its not for me. Car rides smooth and has comfortable seats and thats about it. The back seats are cramped like a small sedan, can accel fast in the right speeds below 50 but feels like a snail anything higher. The humongous screen looks out of place and overall dashboard looks meh and no physical buttons

Even worse, it performs worse at highway with mileage. I just dont see the appeal to them at all and why people praise their EV cars. Have yet to charge it and hopefully i dont, no reason to stick around the store or mall for over an hour just to charge it.

This screen thing is getting ridiculous

I think it was the Escalade.

5 foot wide screen in the front. Apparently the passenger can watch Netflix on it

BlueSnake01

Established Member

5 foot wide screen in the front. Apparently the passenger can watch Netflix on it
Thats just annoying, one UI slow down or system crash and the car is useless for user feedback. I thought the 10 inch iPad screen was ridiculous on my Explorer, now I actually prefer it over what's coming.

Automakers are getting lazier and lazier with interior. Soon we'll literally have a whole screen dashboard with images projecting a leather dashboard lol

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

EU will put an end to it. They are passing legislation requiring physical buttons, citing safety issues with all the menus.

Funny how we are all "don't call and drive, don't text and drive, put the phone down" but then turn the entire front of the car into a damn phone screen.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
EU will put an end to it. They are passing legislation requiring physical buttons, citing safety issues with all the menus.

Funny how we are all "don't call and drive, don't text and drive, put the phone down" but then turn the entire front of the car into a damn phone screen.
Netflix and drive though

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Well now...

I wonder if he knows how Lithium mining works.... what am I saying... im actually surprised he still remembers his name

All that just so Dems and Celebs and Taylor Swift can fly their private planes more often. But hey, green power lol!

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
IMG_3114.jpeg
The new Escalade dash literally digital the whole way across

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if he knows how Lithium mining works.... what am I saying... im actually surprised he still remembers his name

All that just so Dems and Celebs and Taylor Swift can fly their private planes more often. But hey, green power lol!

It has nothing to do with emissions or the environment. It's about control.

If they cared about "Climate Change" they'd be curbing the shipping industry into going back to Sailing Ships and localize all manufacturing to control the end to end pollution.

Instead it's all focused on personal automobiles and public aviation.

They want you in that digital car to track you 24/7, tax you for speeding and the miles you drive, lock you out if you're on the list and ultimately force you to "choose" to live in a "15 minute" community.

Meanwhile, "they", the ultra rich, can isolate themselves in their country side retreats, private planes and ultra luxury EVs or collectors piece ICE vehicles. Carbon tax? Oh well, I'll write a check and then use that as a tax write off.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Looks like 2027 might be my last 3.5 eco pickup. Have to see how that plays out.

robvas

Established Member
I'd consider a base model Mach E if it was cheap. Only problem is I would get range anxiety going to Detroit and back (190 miles round trip according to my phone), 300 miles would better.

I think the Dark Horse would grow on me, especially with the Whipple, but man it would be hard to spend that much money when my current car is probably 95% as fast (I don't care about the handling)

Users who are viewing this thread