Coyote-Powered '01 Bullitt

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
That motor looks right at home in the new edge. Nice to see it all finished up.

+1 looks great

i am a stickler for the details... does it retain the the factory k-member and how do the motor mounts work out? any welding req'd?

best of luck with it! :beer:

blainestang

Established Member
+1 looks great

i am a stickler for the details... does it retain the the factory k-member and how do the motor mounts work out? any welding req'd?

best of luck with it! :beer:

Unfortunately, I'm not 100% on all the details of the swap process, but from what I remember, they originally installed a UPR K-member in order to clear the oil pan. When they dropped in the engine, it STILL didn't fit, so they made a custom pan. So, does it actually NEED a tubular K member? I don't know. Does it have one? Yes.

Not sure on the motor mounts. I think it bolts up to the 4.6 mounts, but not positive.

Welding? Yes, at least in THIS case... Custom oil pan and headers at the least, but there are solutions for this without welding now, I believe.

mysterio

Established Member
Sweet Bullitt. Really nice job. One of my favorite cars. I agree. Your dad should know to lose the badges. Afterall, it is a Bullitt. Just my opinion as a former Bullitt owner.

Gotta agree with this, also as a former 01 Bullitt owner. If your dad put the stock GT badges back on, he'd have a MAJOR sleeper on his hands.

Uninformed ricers and other assorted smacktards that think they're going to lay a beating on an 01 Mustang GT just might get taken to school. And that's always priceless. :burnout:

blainestang

Established Member
Strangely enough, nobody on the Bullitt forum has said anything about the badges :D

I don't think ricers are going to assume that an old Mustang with 5.0 badges is housing a 400whp Coyote... Honestly, I wouldn't either. I would assume it was a misbadge, probably.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
So if i have a V6 mustang with a cobra motor, i can put cobra badges? I dont really care either way but alot of hypocrits on here.

06C6Z06

Banned
So if i have a V6 mustang with a cobra motor, i can put cobra badges? I dont really care either way but alot of hypocrits on here.

You are comparing apples to oranges. A Cobra badge represents more than a specific motor. It represents an entire car not just a motor. I hope you know that a Cobra is not just a Mustang GT with a different motor. A 5.0 badge only reps the engine. KEEP IT if you like it. No misrepresenting going on here.

Last edited:

blainestang

Established Member
You are comparing apples to oranges. A Cobra badge represents more than a specific motor. It represents an entire car not just a motor. I hope you know that a Cobra is not just a Mustang GT with a different motor. A 5.0 badge only reps the engine. KEEP IT if you like it. No misrepresenting going on here.

Agreed... I'm not saying it's a Cobra or even an '11 GT... just that it's got a 5.0, which is true.

Shoulda just put an LSx in it :)

Well, since my dad prefers N/A, the only one that would make any sense would be the LS7 (why bother with an LS3 that makes a few more hp, for instance), and I'm guessing that would have been a lot more expensive/difficult.

I'm guessing you were joking, but with the 5.0 now available, swapping LSXs into Mustangs is making less and less sense.

01silverstang

Established Member

Your right... if it's a 99/01 then it's a Mustang GT with a different motor AND IRS. :lol:

I wouldn't change badges but that's just me... but to act like any Mustang is anything other than a V6 model with extras is silly. They all use the same body and then the things that make them unique are added. These things are made on an assembly line they are not unique snowflakes.

Users who are viewing this thread