Coyote-Powered '01 Bullitt

blainestang

Established Member
Well, I finally got some pictures of this thing.

Backstory: A flash-flood turned the Vortech 4.6 into a boat anchor. My dad (the owner), has always preferred all-motor to supercharging since he was in HS in the original muscle-car era. So, I told him they had just started making crate 5.0s and offering the control package, so he took it to S&R Performance in Tampa, and the rest is history.

As far as I know (could be wrong), it's the first New Edge powered by the new 5.0. The swap has been done and the car has been daily driven for a couple months, but they've been fine-tuning a few things. Specifically, they retuned the car so it runs great (no stalling) and makes great power across the powerband. The first tune that I drove a couple weeks ago was garbage, honestly. The car now makes 40Xwhp, supposedly. We're waiting on the actual dynosheet, but it feels like it, now.

Now for the pics:

IMG_1650 by Blainestang, on Flickr

IMG_1657 by Blainestang, on Flickr

IMG_1662 by Blainestang, on Flickr

IMG_1664 by Blainestang, on Flickr

blainestang

Established Member
Your car looks amazing!

Very nice! How difficult was it?

Thanks... I didn't actually do the swap, and didn't follow as closely as I had hoped, but because of how early on this swap was, the headers, oil pan, power-steering pump, etc, are all custom. So, I wouldn't say it was easy, but it sounds like the parts to make this swap easier are going into production, which will be nice... it just didn't help in this case.

Exactly because it's not a 5.0.... I mean wait- wut? Oh it really is a 5.0 and the badge is accurate? Gotcha- keep the badge:rockon:

Yeah, it's not a misbadge or anything. I agree that it'll be an interesting conversation starter.

blainestang

Established Member
Sweet. Hoping someone would do this. Isn't it only 5.5k plus the control unit? Not bad.

Yeah, something like that. Of course, then you need headers that fit, amongst several other things. I'm sure there are cheaper ways to make 400whp, but not many are factory-stock crate motors that you just drop in... and are N/A.

Users who are viewing this thread