Coupe or Convertible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you're going to drive it a lot then get the coupe.

Weekend car and you love hand washing then convertible.

I wish I had a coupe because a convertible you just can't get in it and drive all the time. Sometimes you want to just jump in and go. So every once in a while you would need a touchless car wash. With a vert that's not an option!

Juruense

Banned
It is true that a vert is more maintenance.

They must be hand washed or washed at a "spray and wash" with the wand. The air blowers that dry off your car in the drive through car wash will blow out the seals around the rear window so no drive through car washes for verts.

Also, with a vert you must use a $40 Ragg Topp cleaner/waterproofer kit 1-2 times per year. Every 7 years or so you will need to buy a new top which will be $1200-2000 installed professionally.

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member
i'll take my roof delete button over a coin holder anyday.

The only car i would never buy vert is a 350Z. the coupe is damn sexy, the vert is just retarded looking.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
It is true that a vert is more maintenance.

They must be hand washed or washed at a "spray and wash" with the wand. The air blowers that dry off your car in the drive through car wash will blow out the seals around the rear window so no drive through car washes for verts.

Also, with a vert you must use a $40 Ragg Topp cleaner/waterproofer kit 1-2 times per year. Every 7 years or so you will need to buy a new top which will be $1200-2000 installed professionally.

Very true, but well worth it IMO. Nothing like getting home after a long day at work and pissing my neighbors off by getting in the car and letting it warm up a little while I put the top down. Do a 30 minute or so drive with the top down and my day is always better.

MikeW

Established Member
WOW the vote is much closer than I thought it would be ... I voted Vert becasue there was no both option.

rmk600

Established Member
Hey everybody. Thanks for all the responses and input. Definately a hard decision. I will not be driving my future Cobra every day. Never had a vert so if I find a good deal I'm gonna get a vert. Keep the votes and input coming!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have a vert now and could take it or leave it. I always had bikes in the past, so the vert just doesn't compare. If I could do it again, I'd a got a coupe. The rattles drive me nuts and the Jersey pollen gets all over everything when the top's down. The top is a PAIN IN THE A@@ to keep clean too.
Now the pros: Major CDI factor (Chicks Dig It). Ladies love verts, no doubt about it. Also, as stated above, it's very nice on a cool / warm night to take a top down cruise. And without a doubt, verts look a lot better than coupes.

MikeW

Established Member
I will add my thoughts between the two:

Everyone talks about how much more "stiff" the coupe feels than the vert. I cant see that. Although my vert has FLSF's and the coupe does not there is not a huge difference in the "stifness". Sure the vert may have a little more cowl shake but FLSF's will help some ans a Strut Tower brace may even help more.

Weight is not that big of difference either.. only like 130lbs or so between the two. I will say that wheel hope in the vert is more likely. Unless you have the top down then the extra weight of the top seems to help.

Looks wise the coupes and verts are on the same field IMO. To me some verts dont look as good with the tops down. However, the 03/04 verts look great with the tops down IMO. Plus the nice tops on the 03/04's are so nice that they look good with the tops up too.

Some/most that are anti-vert have never owned one. My buddy Josh aka mmustangsrus had a coupe and totaled it. He then was leery of getting a vert that he found. He got the vert and loves verts now. Me on the other hand ...the 98 coupe (bought last fall) and (the new to me) 03 coupe are the 1st vehicles in 17 years that I have had that have a roof LOL.

Track use? I have had my 03 vert at the drag track at least 50 times since 2002. I have never been kicked off a track for no rollbar. I have ran several different tracks 1/4 & 1/8 and never had any issues. I may track the coupe more now than the vert now but that is just because the coupe has a better clutch, better transmission, racing seats, and a rear seat delete.
With the vert I can run in some open track events even without a bar... I have not yet but may. I plan to open track the '98 when i do open track.

Which would I sell 1st if I had to pic between the coupe & the vert? Well I would sell the coupe 1st. I have to have a vert and my garage would not look the same without a vert in it. Plus I cruise more than I track and for street fun the vert suites me best. Top down, raido off, Stingers Screamin, and the Whipple whining :rockon:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
the best thing i like about having a vert.... no blind spots!
That's true! Honestly the only thing that bothers me at all about driving with the top down is when people get behind you with their brights on... no window or anything to tone down the extremely annoying and blinding light.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
The air blowers that dry off your car in the drive through car wash will blow out the seals around the rear window so no drive through car washes for verts.
That's true but you should NEVER put ANY car that you care about the finish through a drive through wash. They are notorious for scratching the crap out of paint.

Mike's 95

I'll Be Back...
Established Member
Vert. I guess if I was going for a race car or it was my DD, I would get a coupe. But, I do love my vert.

At the end of the day--they are both awesome!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

03cobramanIII

Banned
this is my first vert ever. i like it . i dont put it down enough
i guess you would say iam not a vert man, but i got a smoking deal on it ,under 12g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread