Coupe or Convertible??

Coupe or Convertible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmk600

Established Member
What are everyone's thoughts/pros and cons on this question? Coupe or Convertible? Tell why you have either one. Thanks!

antiv6

Established Member
coupe is stiffer and weighs less, I got a convertible because ive had a mach 1 coupe and i always wanted a convertible. Its just more fun hauling ass with the top down!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i LOVE having a convertible. its down ALL the time, day or night! i even like the looks of them over the coupes too. unless youre into serious racing, it wont make too much of a difference. nothing the aftermarket cant fix anyways :banana:

but as my friend who owns a car dealership said to me, either youre a convertible person or youre not. he's sold people brand new verts and they bring them back a few months later because they couldnt stand it. if you are a vert person, youll never want to go back :coolman:

there's NOTHING like cruising on a nice cool night with the top down :coolman:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Vert because it is a toy to cruise around on the weekends. Regretting not having a Coupe though as I would love to go open tracking. I will not put a cage in my vert.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Post #7 and he's started this poll...........again :rollseyes

God forbid what ever you do Just don't use the "search" feature on this topic. The number of hits you 'll get will take down the server.

get a convertible

lococobra03

Established Member
This is my 2nd vert and I loved both of them. They are a little heaiver and not as stiff, but a set a subframes and a whipple will fix that!

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
If you get a vert, the roof COMES OFF!

The first time I drove the car, it was at dusk, on a perfect night (like 65-70 degrees). I didnt want a vert because of all that "stiffness" that a coupe offers, but it was really just a whole different feel than the coupes I had drove to that point.

If it were a DD, coupe hands down, but Im not driving it in the rain anyway. Drive both, that should help you pick (either the top up is too loud and you cant stand it, or you really like the roof off option).

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Already got a bruiser in my GT so I decided to get a cruiser; though my vert will soon be able to hold it's own as well.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I went from a coupe to a vert and I'm never looking back. If it was a DD I might think a little differently but for now I love my vert. I always piss off my fiance cause the top is always down and it screws up her hair.

MikeW

Established Member
Where is the both button?

I have both....and both have whipples to boot. I bought the vert (new in Aug 2002) and the coupe I picked up a couple of months ago.

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
love my vert. used to have an 03 coupe. sold it so i can get a vert. just love driving the car on a nice summer days. i guess it all depends if your hard core on taking it to the tracks. then get a coupe

rmk600

Established Member
Thanks for all the opinions guys. And I did a search and didn't see any poll or Thread with this title, SlowSVT. Preciate the input!

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
i have a coupe and my buddy has a vert. i personally like the look of the coupe. but the vert is a lot more fun when that top goes down. we'll drive it around with the top down everywhere and it makes you feel like you're a "part of the community" :lol1: we get a lot more attention from girls in his vert than we do my coupe as well.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
It totally depends on your end goals for the cobra... do you plan to drag or open track it alot?

I would suggest test driving both... 3 drives though... 1 drive with the coupe, 1 with the 'vert, top up and the last, 'vert with the top down. Then decide! :p

Either way, you are looking at a terminator... can't go wrong either way!

trip03svt

Established Member
It is all in what you want to do. If you want to take it to the track and make it a monster, go with the coupe. If you want something stylish, you can make a vert look way better than a coupe. You can make either one a monster, but the vert is much more fun. Everybody has their own opinions, and mine is that the coupe owners wish they had a vert!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread