Coupe or Convertible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Vert, a friend gave me ride in one and was sold. My last 03 was a vert and i just put a deposit on a mystic vert :coolman:

lilb_svt

Established Member
i have a coupe and my buddy has a vert. i personally like the look of the coupe. but the vert is a lot more fun when that top goes down. we'll drive it around with the top down everywhere and it makes you feel like you're a "part of the community" :lol1: we get a lot more attention from girls in his vert than we do my coupe as well.

As far as attention from girls goes, most women can't tell a cobra from v6 with cobra wheels. So get the cobra coupe and buy a v6 vert for the girls.
I drove both and got the coupe.
they're both nice but I think the coupe looks better and it performs better as well.
it shouldnt matter what others think, But on the other hand I've never heard anyone say they didn't like the look of the coupe.

Jroc

Established Member
Lets see a coupe = lighter weight, stiffer chassis, better handling, cleaner, nicer, better looks, probably more areodynamic and safer too. Coupe FTW!

I guess I'm just not a vert person. When I see a vert anything I think of someone trying to look cool, and flossing their shyte too much. I'm not saying everyones like that, its just a steriotype I guess. If I want to feel the wind on my face I'll just roll both windows down.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
When I see a vert anything I think of someone trying to look cool

I could see how you could think that, I think the same thing. After owning one the best thing i like about having a vert.... no blind spots! Obviously this is only true when the top is down.

BlownReptile

Established Member
I went with a coupe because its my daily driver, but if it was a weekend car, Id probably go with a vert.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I voted Coupe. It rides quieter and handles better. I am often parking in downtown areas and don't trust the local punks with a pocket knife. Slash the top for kicks or to get access to the vehicle. JMO...:coolman:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I would have only bought a vert because it will never be a DD. As others have said, it would be a coupe if it was my only car, though. To me it's definitely the best of both worlds - a show/cruiser, and an animal performer all in one! It's not as fast as my '65 Cobra replica, but pretty impressive anyway for all of the extra weight!

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I like coupes just because it fits my personality I feel. I like the way it looks as well.

I like convertible Cobra's as well. I think they are one of the best looking convertibles out there.

Cheers

Jgranga171

1BADSNAKE
Established Member
Vertimous for sure. I have subframe connectors, rear and front tower brace, and my car feels very stiff. I am not a big track guy though, I mostly have mine to cruise around in. My car is a daily driver. I have no problems in the rain. The only time it leaks is when I go to a touchless car wash and the water blasts up into the windows! It's all about how you feel man. If given the chance, sure I would drive a coupe, but the vert is just so damn cool!

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
I DD my Vert. The only Con is the way the top gets from DD, but im about to try some Raggtop cleaner and polisher to see what it does. Some FLSFC's are a must, as well as some stiffer springs, bushing upgrade, and some stickey's in order to stop the wheel hop.

mineralrob

Established Member
coupe is stiffer and weighs less, I got a convertible because ive had a mach 1 coupe and i always wanted a convertible. Its just more fun hauling ass with the top down!

I agree.i wanted a vert but got a good deal on a couple. I think a saleen silver with a black top it really nice looking

VAMPIR3

Established Member
Vert! I have a Tripple Black Cobra and it just looks sinister driving down the road or just parked:fm:

SpectorV

Established Member
some people are not ment to have verts... if you dont put the top down because you are worried about messing up your hair or its "to hot" or "to cold" then dont get one... only get one if you USE IT. 95% of the time Im in my car the top is down. I HATE seeing people riding around with tops up when its nice out...

Tedisky

Need more Money!!!!!
Established Member
Bought a coupe, but should have got a vert. It's not my dd, plus i've never owned a vert.

Jgranga171

1BADSNAKE
Established Member
I DD my Vert. The only Con is the way the top gets from DD, but im about to try some Raggtop cleaner and polisher to see what it does. Some FLSFC's are a must, as well as some stiffer springs, bushing upgrade, and some stickey's in order to stop the wheel hop.

DUDE. Let me know how that works out for you. I have been contemplating doing the same. I also use my car cover ALL of the time.

Juruense

Banned
If you think exhaust sounds good with the windows down try it with the TOP down! :rockon:

When the top drops so do the panties... :beer:

You know what you have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread