Coupe or Convertible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sc98cbra

Established Member
I picked coupe.

I've always wanted a vert, but after seeing some wrecked verts and the insurance cost, my mind was quickly changed.

:pop:

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
Vert, my third Mustang with a top drop. 95 GT, 01 GT, 03 Cobra. Coupes look better compare to the Vert w/ the top up. Vert's look better when the top is down. If it's a Cobra, why vote. I love them both.

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
summer car perfect cruiser top down wind in my hair love the verts!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Thread resurrected

Just ask this guy what he thinks about a convertible.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/597959-r-i-p-my-sweet-cobra.html

1zm03d3.jpg

:uh oh:

120p2co.jpg

:uh oh:

svt2ner

Established Member
I use to own a black 03 coupe, but honestly I wish I had one of each. In my vert its true people dont expect it to be that fast, it gets some attention, but sometimes I would like my coupe back, just not in black. Now I would like to get a sonic blue coupe because theres no other color like it on the road.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I use to own a black 03 coupe, but honestly I wish I had one of each.
Best of both worlds, which is what I have.
In my vert its true people dont expect it to be that fast, it gets some attention, but sometimes I would like my coupe back, just not in black.
don't understand this at all
Now I would like to get a sonic blue coupe because theres no other color like it on the road.
would have to disagree here ... SB is an awesome color but the 96 mystic and 04 mystichrome own every other color

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Best of both worlds, which is what I have.

don't understand this at all

would have to disagree here ... SB is an awesome color but the 96 mystic and 04 mystichrome own every other color

eh, I think the orange (forget the name) is best color on the Cobra's.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
eh, I think the orange (forget the name) is best color on the Cobra's.

Competition Orange ... and it is an awesome color for sure but it ranks 3rd. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion .. wrong tho it may be :) :beer:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Driving a covertable is almost like riding a motorcycle, extra care and driving extra defensively will usually avoid things like this. No accounting for the stupidity of some drivers tho so a good roll bar is almost a requirement.

I need to get a roll bar in mine eventually.

In some case maybe worse then a motorcycle (I am no stranger to the pavement and have enough broken bones and scars to prove it).

A roll bar would have helped him and should be the first mod on a vert.

If I owned a vert it would be a V6 with an automatic perfect for a leasurely Sunday drive. A 500 hp car with both ends connected by just a floor pan and thin sheet metal rocker panels just don't sit well with me :uh oh:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
As far as attention from girls goes, most women can't tell a cobra from v6 with cobra wheels. So get the cobra coupe and buy a v6 vert for the girls.

i beg to differ. there have been many times where a woman has said to me "ohhh a cobra" or "nice cobra" :coolman: and just looking at a stock cobra vert versus a stock V6 vert there is a huge difference. i get thumbs up and smiles from people driving by all the time. doubt that happens to many V6 owners lol.

If your a Hardcore Track Racer and worried about 100 pound difference then get the coupe.

But if you like to cruise around town, drop the top for the ladies, and still run strong on the street, get a vert.

Seriously all it takes to make your vert feel like a coupe is a good set of SFC's and Some Springs.

my buddy has a 96 mustang gt vert with a roll bar, strut bars and sfcs. that thing is stiffer than almost any car ive ever ridden in :shrug:

I love being able to put the top down.....
P5260048.jpg

pure sex :banana:

Well, I know this thread is old, but I get the gist that most of you 'vert guys are only voting for 'verts based on the fond memories of your fair weather driving experiences.
I'm genuinely curious, how about addressing the following "real world" issues that no one in 4 pages of posts seemed to address:

1)Interior noise with the top up versus a coupe, ie the sound of wind rushing over the roof? dont really hear it. the roof is double layerd unlike regular mustangs iirc and has thicker, stayfast canvas material

2)Cooling/heating the car in a 'vert versus a coupe. i think if anything it allows the heat to escape easier on hot days. it may take longer to heat up on a cold day but i dont have that problem here in sunny co cal :coolman:

3)The stereo. The rear speakers are intentionally placed beneath the rear window on most cars for sound reflection. The 'verts have them behind the driver in the side panels. just because the speakers are placed under the rear window doesnt mean they sound better. in fact, in a truly well tuned audio set up, that would be a horrible location because the sound will be bouncing off the window and into various directions. pointed towards the center of the vehicle is actually the best location, which the vert pulls off better actually.

4) Trunk storage for a road trip. Can the top even be put down then? yes. it does not lessen the trunk space when down. and in fact, if you have a LOT to take with you, put the top up and throw some crap behind the rear seat, where the top stowes away. you'll actually have more room than a coupe :thumbsup:

5) Your interior. How's it holding up to the elements? Oh, and I won't even ask you if it still smells new. if a car is 6 years old and still smells new, something is wrong...

6) Last but not least, I don't care where you are from, two dudes in a top down 'vert looks a little suspect, if you get my drift.
um yeah, ok. tell that to the guys rolling by in the shelby 427 vert or the LOUD ASS cobra vert with a mean ass stance and wheels :rollseyes

I'm in this dilemma as well. I am in talks with someone about trading my coupe for his vert. I don't really race my car but I've never been a convertible person (probably because I've never owned one).

Do any of you vert guys ever experience any problems with the top? as far as going up and down, something not working right, cleaning it, etc?

yes, last year one of the struts came unbolted. pretty simple to fix. it does seem to get dirtier inside the car but that's because i will some times park it with the top down. it accumulates dust pretty easily, and i live in an area that often has dust blowing all over the place. :bored:

How in the hell does it kill it for half the year??? If it's too cold out, you can always leave the top up. At least us vert owners have that option. I guess you can sawsall you top off if you wanted. :dancenana:

lol. so cal rocks for verts. 90% of the year is good to go! even on "cold days" :coolman: in fact, often times its too HOT to have the top down lol. during those REALLLLLY hot summer days we get. but on those days, at night, it cant be beat! :coolman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread