cops busting Meet

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i know their doing their job, but it ruins all the fun.

DAM, tahts one hell of a burnout!

2k1SilverSnake

Mostly stock...
Established Member
Nor Cal used to be real bad but the scene has "died down." There are probably more "sideshows" in Oakland than streetracing. I don't really support streetracing, but I know what it feels like to get a few more mods installed on your car but the track is closed for the season or if you live too far from one and you want to test the butt dyno. PR's are OK I guess. They at least minimize the number of cars who aren't actually going to run and also the spectators all over the place.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
According to statistics in 2002, there were 42,116 fatalities as a result of automobile accidents and of those 135 were street racing related. Compare that number to the number of people killed in drunk driving accidents. I don't think police shouldn't go after street racers, because it's illegal and cause deaths period. I don't think, however, that street racing should be punished more harshly than drunk driving.

I'd also like to know how many people are killed each year from cops running after people, i'm sure it's a higher number then that.
Sorry Leo's but to me you guys are doing the samething chasing people for say running a redlight, they run, you follow, people end up dead because of something very stupid and meaningless.
Just makes me sick :xpl:

BrokeUoff

Banned
2k1SilverSnake said:
Nor Cal used to be real bad but the scene has "died down." There are probably more "sideshows" in Oakland than streetracing. I don't really support streetracing, but I know what it feels like to get a few more mods installed on your car but the track is closed for the season or if you live too far from one and you want to test the butt dyno. PR's are OK I guess. They at least minimize the number of cars who aren't actually going to run and also the spectators all over the place.

Ever hear of Marsh Creek Rd. between clayton and Brentwood here in the east bay? Used to be a pretty big/good scene, but I heard it's died off a bit..... haven't been out there in a couple years.

BrokeUoff

Banned
dfw99cobra said:
According to statistics in 2002, there were 42,116 fatalities as a result of automobile accidents and of those 135 were street racing related. Compare that number to the number of people killed in drunk driving accidents.

where did you get that info?

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
yeasure said:
I'd also like to know how many people are killed each year from cops running after people, i'm sure it's a higher number then that.
Sorry Leo's but to me you guys are doing the samething chasing people for say running a redlight, they run, you follow, people end up dead because of something very stupid and meaningless.
Just makes me sick :xpl:

so they are just supposed to not chase you? that makes no sense, then id run everytime! you should really think before posting. :read:
JD

ps- BROKEUOFF

heres a link to the # that died in 2001 as a result of street racing in CA
http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/stats.html
i couldnt get anything newer than '01

straightliner1

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
C.A.R.B. sticker. I think it stands for California Air Reserch Board

It's actually "California Air Resource Board" and my personal favorite "EO" is short for Executive Order" - yes I have no life. ;)

Last edited:

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
terrible one said:
so they are just supposed to not chase you? that makes no sense, then id run everytime! you should really think before posting. :read:
JD

ps- BROKEUOFF

Edited by L.L. Save the rudeass remarks for smackdown.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
terrible one said:
ps- BROKEUOFF

Beat me to it.

I did a google search and got the info. that way. I can't remember the exact website, nor do I really wanna look again but the numbers I gave are correct. I did a Sociology project on this for school a couple of semesters ago.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
I'm glad I don't live there. From the sound of most people on the board, its unlikely you can make it down the road with an catless exhaust without getting busted lol. I hope none of that crap comes this way, the cops are cool here and I hope they stay that way.

Lawman85

Banned
dfw99cobra said:
According to statistics in 2002, there were 42,116 fatalities as a result of automobile accidents and of those 135 were street racing related. Compare that number to the number of people killed in drunk driving accidents. I don't think police shouldn't go after street racers, because it's illegal and cause deaths period. I don't think, however, that street racing should be punished more harshly than drunk driving.

Some of those stats come from the way they are recorded. I have worked wrecks that were speed related, but we couldn't prove they were street racing, so we couldn't classify it as a street racing death. We all knew they were racing, but no one would say anything. There are more street racing and speed deaths than you see recorded. The last stats I have show that something like 50+% of all fatality accidents in Georgia are speed related, that's alot.

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
hell in Alabama the cops try to race you LOL--no BS got on the highway driving my cobra, Alabama state trooper rolls up next to me and trys to motion me to race him --it was halarious --didn't race him though,thought it was a set up :beer:

lukem80

Established Member
That burnout was ALMOST as rediculous as those cops measuring the headlight height of those rice boys....

"we got 18 inches? "
:lol:

lukem80

Established Member
I8URZ28 said:
hell in Alabama the cops try to race you LOL--no BS got on the highway driving my cobra, Alabama state trooper rolls up next to me and trys to motion me to race him --it was halarious --didn't race him though,thought it was a set up :beer:

+1... mid afternoon about a month ago. two young cops in a regular patrol car pull up to me at a redlight.. and they start rev'n the car like they are wanting to race me... then they look over at me... like trying to dare me to race them :loser:

SVTContique

lukem80 said:
+1... mid afternoon about a month ago. two young cops in a regular patrol car pull up to me at a redlight.. and they start rev'n the car like they are wanting to race me... then they look over at me... like trying to dare me to race them :loser:

Funny thing is you could actually gun it, its called entrapment, they cant tell you to do something illegal and then arrest you for it.

xxxzach

Established Member
Emissions are less strict on the domestic cars (ironic that there were none pictured aside from the wrecked SN95 GT), however, if you own an import, good ****ing luck getting it to pass emissions in CA. They do a visual inspection and then the actual smog test. You can actually pass the smog test, but fail the visual and not be able to drive your car. Ironically, most of the stuff that isn't CARB legal will actually pass emissions, its just that most manufacturers don't want to pay the cost it requires for their items to become CARB legal. If I remember correctly its somewhere around 12k or something per part (but I honestly don't know for sure).

lukem80

Established Member
TREDCSVT said:
Funny thing is you could actually gun it, its called entrapment, they cant tell you to do something illegal and then arrest you for it.

probably so... ain't pressing my luck though.. got pulled over one time by a tropper a few years back for speeding and he let me go cause he drove a mustang GT too!!!!! I always am truthful to the cops around here and they seem to cut me some slack.

Users who are viewing this thread