cops busting Meet

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
deathdealer said:
damn I take it this was from MTV true life or something ? Wonder how old it is, havent heard of any fatalities in oceanside drag racing, that has to be the stupidest place to race. O'side and carlsbad police ****ing suck!

i think san diego has the worst street racing record with like 15 or 16 that died last year.

and yes if you are caught street racing in LA county your car is crushed anywhere else in CA and you get a mandatory 6months-1 year in jail + lose of your license for a year and a fat load of fines.

id love to move to texas, but not just those reasons... ca is too expensive, too many people, too much traffic and smog...
JD

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I got a wake up call when one of my friends got killed by a drunk driver. The stuff

hits you hard when it does really affect you.

SRT Handz

Banned
all the stuff in the begining happened in Fullerton CA, like 5 mins awat from my house....Total sucks that its street race central

blubyeu

Established Member
leedog_81 said:
:lol: at the guy who said he was 18 inches
:lol: at the cop saying "If the intake doesn't have a sticker that says it is legal, then it's illegal!".....wtf?

We have stickers to tell what's legal and not legal now?

Great police work in that video......

Reminds me of Reno 911

Recruitment Video

(press "enter now" after you click on the link)

Last edited:

MAXX RS4

Established Member
That SN95 that was torn up made my stomach turn.

I seriously limit my street racing so much because I've seen too many times what bad thngs can happen (and I havnt been driving too long).. I never plan a race, or go to meets where people talk smack and go at it in their cars, it's more spirited driving at stop lights when someone pulls up next to me for a little fun.

I've yet to break 70 from a stop in a race.. I just like to get them from the dig and let off before things can get too wreckless.

And about the burnout, it seemed like the driver was trying to get away from the stupid guy.. But, I feel horrible for that poor vette's rear brakes :uh oh:

2k1SilverSnake

Mostly stock...
Established Member
The penalties are even heavier now for streetracing in CA. I was caught streetracing when I barely turned 18 so I was tried as an adult. I had the following charges. Enagaging in a speed contest (CVC 23109), Aiding and abetting a speed contest, and deliquency to a minor (my friend was 17 at the time and was riding in my car). My car was impounded for 30 days. My license was restricted (work and school only) for 180 days. I received 2 years informal probation. I was sentenced to 4 weekends (or 8 days) of Weekend Work Service where I rode in the Santa Clara Department of Corrections bus. I had to wear their orange vest while working from 8am-4pm picking up trash from the freeway, yardwork at a gradeschool, trash removal from a city park, picking up shells (a lot of them) from the firing range at a police retreat area near Santa Cruz. The fines were around $1500, then I had to pay the state $200 for allowing me to WORK for them! When it was time to get my car out. I incurred charges for $30 a day for vehicle storage multiplied by the minimum 30 days = $900 + $100 flatbed charge because my car was too low. So just about $3000 was the price I paid for streetracing and all the headaches and time required off for trial dates etc. and wasted weekends. Also, the whole town knew about my run-in with the law because it was printed in the Milpitas Post under the Police Blotter section. But now I'm 23 and I have a Cobra now. I'm a little more responsible and wiser now but I do like to open it up every once and a while on the freeway when there is no one on the road.

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
not all of california is like this. only socal. us Norcal people dont get this kind of harrasment usually.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
According to statistics in 2002, there were 42,116 fatalities as a result of automobile accidents and of those 135 were street racing related. Compare that number to the number of people killed in drunk driving accidents. I don't think police shouldn't go after street racers, because it's illegal and cause deaths period. I don't think, however, that street racing should be punished more harshly than drunk driving.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
How about that blonde cop...she was hot!!!!

On a serious note, keep it at the tracks and shit like this wont be happening

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
According to statistics in 2002, there were 42,116 fatalities as a result of automobile accidents and of those 135 were street racing related. Compare that number to the number of people killed in drunk driving accidents. I don't think police shouldn't go after street racers, because it's illegal and cause deaths period. I don't think, however, that street racing should be punished more harshly than drunk driving.

+1

svtguy22

Established Member
Here in North san diego county, the police are pretty cool. Iv gotten a thumbs up once. I was also in a park and ride entrance talking with another guy about his stang when 2 cops pulled up and started talking about how wide my tires are. They didnt run the plates or anything.

But yeah the Oceanside/Carlsbad police are the worst, thats for sure.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Man that was wild. All those Police and cars for roughly 2 racers. ???? Here if they catch you and want to get real nasty they get EVERYONE that is standing or sitting, watching it. Man those people sitting on the side of the street were lucky, by the looks of the video, not to be brought into it also. We have only had one street racing wreck in this area to my knowledge in the last several years and it was bad. Ended up costing a 13 year old girl her ability to do anything. No quite a vegatable but not able to enjoy life to the fullest either. Been in and out of hospitals since. Thats why a lot of the street racers in this area go out away from traffic and run late in the evening not in the middle of town like in the video. I agree with what was said above. That fellow in the car talking with the blonde cop was definitely being c**ky. If she had of heard him I would have hated to see what she could have done to him and his car.
On a lighter note I was almost hit in the back by a guy a few years ago trying to run from the cops they caught racing. When he finally wrecked a mile down the road right near where I used to live I got out and talked to the police who were on scene that were close friends. The guy was upside down in his car begging them to help him out because his seat belt was stuck and would not come loose. They told him not to worry help was on the way. CAN YOU SAY JAWS OF LIFE. They used his car to "practice on" so he would not race and try to get away again. Cut his car up in lots of pieces just to get their point across.

shaved03gt

Established Member
i did not see a dometic in that vid except 1/2 of that sn95.....ricers suck and they make a bad name for us all. that is why we keep our street scence to a small crowd and make it fun.....if anyone is around that we don't know we ask who they are and what they are doing here, i have the slowest car in my group.....so if it aint low 12's don't come out lol....

Users who are viewing this thread