Convertible Styling Bar

IA Shelby

Established Member
CDC. I didn’t want the CDC logo badge/plaque and they kept it off by request. That was 10 yrs ago. Assume they would still do that if you want a cleaner look.

Impact13

Established Member
I have a cdc on my 13 mustang since new and I’m happy with it. Have another cdc sitting in the garage waiting to go on the cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_1659.jpeg

Liked the cdc

gotjack

Established Member
Which one do you recommend? I see a CDC, MMD, and Cervinis. I’m leaning towards to the CDC.

Any feedback on any of these options? They’re probably all made by the same Chinese children.

I have a CDC light bar on my 03 and had one on my 94 gt fit and finish is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
do they still make them for the sn95 with an actual wired 3rd brake light?

they did when i got mine but i made sure not to get it because i didn't want my whole interior turning red with the top up

gotjack

Established Member
do they still make them for the sn95 with an actual wired 3rd brake light?

they did when i got mine but i made sure not to get it because i didn't want my whole interior turning red with the top up

Yes they do I got a brand new one last year. The 3rd brake light is one of the best parts in my opinion

01yellercobra

Established Member
Didn't someone do a write up to install a switch so the light bar brake light would turn off when the top is up?

gotjack

Established Member
My brother needs to do this but he’s hesitant to cut the interior plastic

Have him take it to a body shop who has done several. My first light bar by buddy installed his first time for me and it was dead on. Second time since I wasn’t in California anymore I found a local shop out here who’s done some and it was dead on as well

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I've always wanted to install one of these in my 03 SVT Cobra Vert. Never got around to it because of other projects. However, I think they give the Verts a real sporty look.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I have a light bar from years ago in my garage storage. I forget the brand, but not CDC. No 3rd brake light option. I would opt for the 3rd brake light if I did it again. They sell a switch that only activates the light when the top is down.

Light bars are very easy to install. After you do it once, you can figure out you don't need to drill as many holes as the directions say. I only drilled the main hole for the bar to pass thru, then the top bolt access holes only. (1 on each side) The lower bolt holes are far enough down, that you can bend the interior panel enough to access the hardware. Not a big deal but less holes look better to me.

Air on the side of caution. Start with a small hole for the bar to pass thru and go bigger as needed. You want to make sure the bar covers the hole so it doesn't look stupid.

My brother needs to do this but he’s hesitant to cut the interior plastic

Buy a second set, that's what I did. I have a set cut for a light bar and a set not cut for my roll bar.

I was dumb and cut my originals because I always planned on running the light bar and only the roll bar for the track, well that changed and I run the roll bar full time. My set of un-cut are faded compared to my originals and it bothers me. Most won't notice but I do.

Point is, buy a second set before deciding on which set to cut. Live and learn.

Users who are viewing this thread