Comp Cams in 03/04 Cobra....

black 10th vert

Established Member
wow, that sounds really good! I can't notice any discernible difference (sound-wise) between your stage 2's, and the 3's posted earlier. Any driveability, or emission problems?

Last edited:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
wow, that sounds really good! I can't notice any discernible difference between your stage 2's, and the 3's posted earlier. Any driveability, or emission problems?

driveability? yes
emissions? most likely..but I live in Florida so I don't have to worry about that.

worth it? every god forsaken second I spent on installing it,lol.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
so there are driveability issues....

Yes, but its more to deal with the tune I have in it now..than the cams themselves.

Once I get back to the dyno, it should be a-okay. The car was tuned while I had multiple other issues at hand, but I went ahead and fixed everything so it needs a new tune, since the airflow is completely different now.

I love the top end though, pulls all the way to redline and begs for more.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
My bro will get some video of his '04 with Crower Stage 3's..He's got electric dumps & it sounds pretty decent.
Hopefully it'll be back together by next week.

iBiTe03

Established Member
mine
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymBcjHYqsLk"]YouTube- 2003 Cobra Comp Stage 3 cam first start up[/ame]

silverstang23

Established Member
th_drrrt12309.jpg

th_jasonscar.gif

win

mach5.0

Established Member
I dont know what stg 10s are but I like the way this sounds

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyVANA441Us"]YouTube- Mystic Cobra 04 Cammed the **** out[/ame]

Last edited:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
heads.jpg

port.jpg

portjob.jpg

I actually have Crower stage 3's, but have Comp Cam timing gears, and heads ported by Foxlake. Will get a clip up once my motor goes back in.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I have a mod dyno book of various mods and cam swap on a blower car results are small. Not like you see on a N/A car with long tubes.

redline

Established Member
Please explain.

i believe alot of issues with ported eaton and stage 3 cams are or can be with the tuner and also i think the eaton is not enough blower .a whipple will work great .its just a bigger blower also having a good tuners makes all the difference.now for stage one or two i cannot say i never had that set up or for that fact a custom ground cam. speaking for only the stage 3. hp gains with eaton that was ported very little .ie.with cams.

Users who are viewing this thread