Comp Cams in 03/04 Cobra....

SVTrent

Established Member
for those who have done cams what does it take to run them? I'm still on the fence because I keep hearing that the motor has to be pulled out?

SHAKN' 04

ToRchEd 04'
Established Member
Cams can be installed with motor in. Depending on what cams you want will determine what you'll need. There are a few diff options that will allow you to use all stock valvetrain pieces. My comp cams required nothing besides adj cam gears for degreeing, a few cam bolts and cam keys. I'm running comp 106100s

SVTrent

Established Member
Cams can be installed with motor in. Depending on what cams you want will determine what you'll need. There are a few diff options that will allow you to use all stock valvetrain pieces. My comp cams required nothing besides adj cam gears for degreeing, a few cam bolts and cam keys. I'm running comp 106100s

I appreciate it :thumbsup:

CobraVic

Established Member
So whats the word on custom grind stage 1's? Comp 9240 is the grind number.

After rebuilding the engine, I didnt think to put cams in at the time, so I sold my 98 cobra cams and am looking at a set of custom grinds.

Im 19 shy of 500 to the wheels. Would stage 1's get me there, or should I just drp to a 2.7 pulley from the 2.8?

Kburf79

Established Member
So which pistons are you Terminator guys going with COMP stage 3s (106460)? I have the cams and I'm also replacing pistons but can't figure out which pistons to go with since I've heard you need valve reliefs in order to get the most out of the cams.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
So which pistons are you Terminator guys going with COMP stage 3s (106460)? I have the cams and I'm also replacing pistons but can't figure out which pistons to go with since I've heard you need valve reliefs in order to get the most out of the cams.
You can get reliefs in any piston if you ask for it. Wiseco are very stout of the shelf pistons. You'll only need reliefs for large cams and/or if they heavily advanced. With those cams I would get reliefs but you'll only need them on the intake side.

Users who are viewing this thread