Comp Cams in 03/04 Cobra....

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Who here has done them and do you have vids. I have seen the few on youtube and NateSVT's car sounds AMAZING. Post vids or soundclips please. Wondering for those who have them, is it worth it just for the sound? I know RWTD got some nice gains from them. I really want that lope and would be willing to do them just for that. Also, how much would labor be on such an install? I think its around 10 -12 hours of work if you drop the motor to do them.

Thanks in advance.

redline

Established Member
i did the comp stage 3 and whipple but i have no video.=bummer

98BlkCobraVert

Established Member
I have stage 3 comp cams.... here is the video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGhy1fBn2Q]YouTube - Exhaust Clip[/ame]

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Not much.... 25-35 maybe... I can't be for sure because I did long tubes with 3" exhaust all the way back at the same time as the cam install....

25-35 with the long tubes, exhaust and cams. or you think the cams gave you 25-35 by them selves. btw sounds very good. worth the money just for the sound IMO.

98BlkCobraVert

Established Member
25-35 with the long tubes, exhaust and cams. or you think the cams gave you 25-35 by them selves. btw sounds very good. worth the money just for the sound IMO.

I picked up a total of 65 with the tubes, exhaust, and cams... I am guessing the cams helped out with 25-35 of that total... I love the sound also, but if I was doing it for just the added power I would spend the money somewhere else.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
^cool man. thanks. i have been thinking of cams for a while now. im maxing out my eaton setup. i may get the stage 3 cams next winter.

Blown02

Established Member
why not go with custom cams? u should contact Tim@MPH. by the way, your car looks sick slammed.. Im surprised you haven't left the exhaust in the road with all the crappy streets around our area.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
why not go with custom cams? u should contact Tim@MPH. by the way, your car looks sick slammed.. Im surprised you haven't left the exhaust in the road with all the crappy streets around our area.

I would go with custom, but I dont want anything crazy, because too much overlap would just cause me to lose boost through blow by. I dont want to LOSE a bunch of power as much as i just want the sound.

And thanks, yea my exhaust is a bit flatter at the bottom. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread