Comp Cams in 03/04 Cobra....

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Damn, after hearing that video clip, the sound is reason enough to get them. The power is just an added bonus!

Adam27607

Established Member
I just recently took my 03 Cobra to Fastlane Motorsports so they could rebuild my engine with Comp Cams stage 3s. I will post a video once I get my car back

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
I just recently took my 03 Cobra to Fastlane Motorsports so they could rebuild my engine with Comp Cams stage 3s. I will post a video once I get my car back

can't wait to hear the end result. i am also heavily considering getting the stage III comp cams... how difficult is it to install these babies? any links? tips?

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
that sounds great, wish i had some cams. oh well ill put them on the list

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
If I ever finish my car, I'll post up my custom Comp Cams.
238/242, .475 lift.

The last 2 vids sound sick btw! Cant wait!

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Running stage 3 Crower Cams here. I know they arent Comps but close to the same. Def worth the added sound to the veh. No dyno #'s on the car yet and still have some issues to work out with the 2.2 but just by SOTP feel the car is alot stronger on the top end. Like stated earlier though I also seem to have some low end RPM issues if trying to lug the car though. Install is fairly easy, not sure on the Comps but on the Crowers you have to grind on the cam ladders to make them fit.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
I've been thinking about this as my next mod but no brand in particular. Everyone I've talked to so far says any stage 3 type cam isn't really great for street use with the idling issues. I was thinking stage 2's but can't find decent videos of them.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Its not an 03/04 Cobra

But it has stage 2 COMP cams in 03 heads..if that counts for anything..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747dWtj_2sE"]YouTube- 96 Cobra COMP cams take off[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsFjgvfQx_I"]YouTube- 96 Cobra COMP cams idle[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOTI7FX8Ajg"]YouTube- 1/4 mile cammed Cobra[/ame]

I got an awesome deal on the cams&springs, it was retarded cheap.

Last edited:

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
ooooo, me like! So next question. Why does everyone seem to have comp cams? Is this just the "thing" currently or is there a difference between comp, crane, CMS and more?

Users who are viewing this thread