Coming this Summer- "Ten years of Terminators" meet and photoshoot!!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
So just a little update, I submitted the paperwork to City of Worcester DPW yesterday.

At this point since I haven't heard back from anyone about the $$ or Worcester residency, we are on the hook to rasise $200. I just want to make sure we have the park reserved for us on that date.

I am fine fronting it myself, but, all it means is there will be a "donation" required of atleast $5 per car. If we get more than 40 cars the cost will go down.

I will let you know what I hear next.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
So just a little update, I submitted the paperwork to City of Worcester DPW yesterday.

At this point since I haven't heard back from anyone about the $$ or Worcester residency, we are on the hook to rasise $200. I just want to make sure we have the park reserved for us on that date.

I am fine fronting it myself, but, all it means is there will be a "donation" required of atleast $5 per car. If we get more than 40 cars the cost will go down.

I will let you know what I hear next.
Thanks a lot Ian!

f2hatch

Established Member
Let me know I have no problem giving more then $5.00 just say the word and you'll have a PayPal

willis414

Established Member
Ive got no issue with the cost. You'll be covered with tip for your effort from me. Thanks Jesse
Oh ya winter sucks balls! That's all

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Let me know I have no problem giving more then $5.00 just say the word and you'll have a PayPal

X's 2... Thanks Ian.

What happens if it rains that day.. Do we lose the $$$ for that date or get to pick a different day to have the meeting?

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
Thanks guys, much appreciated...I figured it wouldn't be a big deal.

The form suggested a rain date, I put a rain date down for the following Sunday.

Realistically though, we'd be out the $$. Let's hope it's not an issue

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
so this Thursday night I have to go in front of a parks and rec commisions meeting to discuss our event

The city seems to be hung up on the bathroom usage. Cost for usage of their bathrooms is $200, or we have to rent port-o-potties.

I put down on the application our event would last from 10 - 4, only cause I wanted to over estimate the time but that might have been a mistake. I'll just see what info is needed at the parks and rec meeting and go from there.

Last edited:

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Ian, Is the $200 for the use of the bathroom in addition to the $200 for the permit fee that you talked about earlier?

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
Kevin, that is correct. They will charge us an additional $200 for use of the bathrooms

I think I am going to go there and tell them realistic event time is from 10 - 2 and tell them no bathroom permits / use will be needed.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
^^^ can I share yrs?

Thats Nasty.

That's alot of money to have an event like that. I'm surprised the permit fees wouldn't cover the use of the bathroom!?!

But, It's still only about $10 a car to participate in this event. (figuring 40 cars) That's Not too bad. Plus they are giving you a rain date.

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
Alright guys, so here's the update:

Last night ( 3/ 21) I went in front of the parks and Rec commissions board for permission for us to be there.

The vote was approved and we have permission to be there on 5/19. We have a specific part of the park available to us from 10 am - 4pm.

However, there were a few caveats the board was quick to point out and make sure we follow.

1. Rain date of 5/26 ( one week later ) is NOT available, it's memorial day weekend. We can submit for another date, but reality is, we'd probably never get the turn out.
2. Staff will be on site
3. We have to BE QUIET - One of the biggest concerns the board has was noise from our exhaust. I was explicitely warned, no exessive noise, burn outs, aggressive driving etc while on the park property. Neighbors to the park would quickly call the police and we would not be invited back next year.
4. Bathrooms - There is a zoo on sight that will be open, there are bathrooms there that will be available. So this is a non issue.
5. NO COOLERS ALLOWED( in the open ) - too much of a liability so they have banned them all together ( thank you summer nationals ). If we get spotted with them by park staff we will be asked to leave. Leaving it in your car is fine, just NO ALCOHOL

So next step is I have to work with Worcester PD to get final sign off on the permit and we are official. I will work with our contact at Worcester parks and rec to get that taken care of

Finally, last step would be to find some place to eat thats big enough for all of us to SAFELY park our cars. Any help would be appreciated in locating a spot.

Getting closer!!

:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread