Coming this Summer- "Ten years of Terminators" meet and photoshoot!!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
so a little update....I have contacted worcester DPW.....

They want us to fill out a permit , pay $200 bucks and go in front of a local committee for permission to be there.

I am getting some further clarification around whether this is really necessary vs. us just showing up and just using the grounds.

I'll keep you all updated

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
The only reason I was debating taking my car is because I would be doing so many pictures and wouldn't really be able to get good rolling shots. I'll see how this will work out as it gets closer.

They want us to fill out a permit , pay $200 bucks and go in front of a local committee for permission to be there.

I am getting some further clarification around whether this is really necessary vs. us just showing up and just using the grounds.

This sounds kind of stupid to pay and go through all that if you ask me :shrug:

f2hatch

Established Member

I would look into a different place.

f2hatch

Established Member
The only reason I was debating taking my car is because I would be doing so many pictures and wouldn't really be able to get good rolling shots. I'll see how this will work out as it gets closer.

I would say come and have a good time if guys cant get their rolling shots so be it. this day shouldn't be like a job for you

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
I would look into a different place.

my first thought as well.....would like some further input though

So i just received a follow up email.......the City is taking a hard line. The told me if we want to be there we need to follow the process, period.

I am fine with going through this, I don't think the money will be an issue. Even if we have 30 cars show up, that's $7 a piece. Any extra money we raise can be put towards either next year OR as a kitty for the NE SVT club or towards a meal that day.

Last edited:

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
my first thought as well.....would like some further input though

So i just received a follow up email.......the City is taking a hard line. The told me if we want to be there we need to follow the process, period.

I am fine with going through this, I don't think the money will be an issue. Even if we have 30 cars show up, that's $7 a piece. Any extra money we raise can be put towards either next year OR as a kitty for the NE SVT club or towards a meal that day.

I dont see a problem with going through the process. Probably would be worth it to not have to worry about anything. Realistically, we could run into this problem just about anywhere with the amount of cars we have coming right?
I think its still a good idea and if its not a terrible headache to go through the process then do so. If I can be any help PM me whatever I can do.

f2hatch

Established Member
Anyone who doesn't want to race sets up in the grass field at New England Dragway. I'm going to try to do the Car Show trophies early this year because if there are too many cars racing the event goes on past 4-5pm

I might be in for the car show. No racing cause my truck blew up so I have no way to tow the car and trailer

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Anyone who doesn't want to race sets up in the grass field at New England Dragway. I'm going to try to do the Car Show trophies early this year because if there are too many cars racing the event goes on past 4-5pm

What's the cost of the car show and don't have to pay in advance?

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
I am interested depending on the date. I have had a lot going on and haven’t contributed much to the forums and community but I am back and interested in bringing my 10th Anniversary to the 10th Anniversary...

Pertaining to meet, I think it might be a good idea to go to the proper authorities and channels to have it. I know people that have tried to have meets and just show up at places and it attracts negative attention no matter what you are doing. That is just my opinion. I am not known by many people on here but I would be willing to lend a hand to get this setup. :beer:

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
Dave, that was my thoughts exactly. The reality though is if we honestly do have 30 - 50 cars show up, thats ALOT of people. We would want to make sure we have the space and permission to be there.

Question, does anyone here LIVE in worcester? In reading through the permit document they offer a 50% discount for City of Worcester residents. It would be helpfully to have a resident put the application in and attend the hearing ( I would attend with you ).

As of right now, the parks manager said that date is free at the park, so thats a good sign.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Dave, that was my thoughts exactly. The reality though is if we honestly do have 30 - 50 cars show up, thats ALOT of people. We would want to make sure we have the space and permission to be there.

Question, does anyone here LIVE in worcester? In reading through the permit document they offer a 50% discount for City of Worcester residents. It would be helpfully to have a resident put the application in and attend the hearing ( I would attend with you ).

As of right now, the parks manager said that date is free at the park, so thats a good sign.

pm me the specifics on what you need so I can ask around

Users who are viewing this thread