Coming this Summer- "Ten years of Terminators" meet and photoshoot!!

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Alright guys, so here's the update:

Last night ( 3/ 21) I went in front of the parks and Rec commissions board for permission for us to be there.

The vote was approved and we have permission to be there on 5/19. We have a specific part of the park available to us from 10 am - 4pm.

However, there were a few caveats the board was quick to point out and make sure we follow.

1. Rain date of 5/26 ( one week later ) is NOT available, it's memorial day weekend. We can submit for another date, but reality is, we'd probably never get the turn out.
2. Staff will be on site
3. We have to BE QUIET - One of the biggest concerns the board has was noise from our exhaust. I was explicitely warned, no exessive noise, burn outs, aggressive driving etc while on the park property. Neighbors to the park would quickly call the police and we would not be invited back next year.
4. Bathrooms - There is a zoo on sight that will be open, there are bathrooms there that will be available. So this is a non issue.
5. NO COOLERS ALLOWED( in the open ) - too much of a liability so they have banned them all together ( thank you summer nationals ). If we get spotted with them by park staff we will be asked to leave. Leaving it in your car is fine, just NO ALCOHOL

So next step is I have to work with Worcester PD to get final sign off on the permit and we are official. I will work with our contact at Worcester parks and rec to get that taken care of

Finally, last step would be to find some place to eat thats big enough for all of us to SAFELY park our cars. Any help would be appreciated in locating a spot.

Getting closer!!

:beer:

Thank you for doing this Ian! As long as everyone is respectful to these rules we shouldn't have a problem. Can't wait!

rondog622

Established Member
Ian if you need help with the PD end of it let me kno. I got some buddies that work there and may be able to streamline the process
Ron

f2hatch

Established Member
Sounds like we are sitting ducks. Hopefully this all works out but the noise of our exhausts could do us in.

Not me my new exhaust is quieter then stock
th_20130223_171747_zpsd9e1ca7c.jpg

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
the rules are not anything out of the ordinary....no drinking as I would hope no one is and no burnouts / revving up the exhaust. I think we can all handle that.

deff props to Ian for doing all of this. Great Job man :beer:

If the park is available from 10-4 are you planning on using that whole time? Could do lunch somewhere before hand at 1130-1230 then do the park 1-4. Or just do dinner after the park.

As far as food / space for all the cars....Worcester immediate area would be tough. A short drive in almost any direction though there are plaza's with lots of places like Texas Roadhouse, Red Robin, Fridays etc etc.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
No problem guys, happy to help get this thing moving!!

+ 1 to what Jake said....I don't anticipate any issues at all honestly.

I only put down the 10 - 4 time frame as a "cover my ass" situation. Realistically,4 hours ( 10 - 2 ) will be plenty of time for mooch to do his thing and socializing.

I was thinking late lunch/dinner after. Unfortunately you are right about not being able to stay in Worcester for food. One of the guys on the FB page is working on a hook up at a local Chinese food buffet in Leicester....but always looking for other suggestions.

we have a little time to work on that

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
No problem guys, happy to help get this thing moving!!

+ 1 to what Jake said....I don't anticipate any issues at all honestly.

I only put down the 10 - 4 time frame as a "cover my ass" situation. Realistically,4 hours ( 10 - 2 ) will be plenty of time for mooch to do his thing and socializing.

I was thinking late lunch/dinner after. Unfortunately you are right about not being able to stay in Worcester for food. One of the guys on the FB page is working on a hook up at a local Chinese food buffet in Leicester....but always looking for other suggestions.

we have a little time to work on that

The place Ron on Fb mentioned sounded pretty cool...Thanks for all the legwork you've put in :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just read through this entire thread. I was hoping to go, but Sundays don't work for me as I wouldn't get up to MA before 2:30. Darn! Well, you folks are going to have an awesome event. Nice to see so many involved. Be sure to take a lot of photos and post some of them here. Have fun! :thumbsup:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
so worcester has decided to pull a fast one, recieved a letter in the mail stating since they decided to have staff at the park they raised the price another $100. Total cost is now increased to $300.

Thank you Worcester!!!!:poke:

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Do you have an original contract that stated the $200 fee? That kind of dumb that they are bumping our price.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Sounds like theyre doing all they can to try and scare us away :dw:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Ian we should start a list of people who are going to attend this event. This way we can see how much it'll be per person.. Maybe make it a sticky.

StangSteph

Established Member
^That sounds like a good idea. Only a month away

But that's not right. They should have mentioned that in the first meeting...IMO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread