Cobra pricing

Mikey5.0

Established Member
I am curious on What would guys pay for a 105k mile sonic blue coupe. Stock blower. Minor bolt ons. Wheels etc. I was told I didn't know the market on these and couldn't afford what the guy is asking. Again just curious

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am curious on What would guys pay for a 105k mile sonic blue coupe. Stock blower. Minor bolt ons. Wheels etc. I was told I didn't know the market on these and couldn't afford what the guy is asking. Again just curious

50 bucks.

seriously ... 15-16k way too many miles, and I would not pay that without having a good mechanic take a serious look at it, check compression and look for signs of it being returned to stock

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Depending where you’re at, that cars a more desirable color and would probably fetch around $18-20k here in SoCal if it all checked out and was clean etc

This because it’s SB 17-19k with that mileage. Have a compression test done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey5.0

Established Member
The guy is asking 22k for it. I asked what his best price was. He said no less than 20k. I said okay and that was that. A day later he texted me and asked what I would pay. I told him to me it was worth between 15k and 17k if it was super clean. He then told me i probably couldn't afford it anyway and didn't know what I was talking about.

I'm not a expert on cobras. But I've had 3 terminators. All 3 had less than 25k miles. And I paid what he was asking for them. Long story short I'm not buying it. Just didn't wanted some input.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not a expert on cobras. But I've had 3 terminators. All 3 had less than 25k miles. And I paid what he was asking for them. Long story short I'm not buying it. Just didn't wanted some input.

I think it would be difficult to find a sub 25k mile Terminator for 22k these days. As for the car you've mentioned, I think you're closer to the ballpark than the seller.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I think it would be difficult to find a sub 25k mile Terminator for 22k these days. As for the car you've mentioned, I think you're closer to the ballpark than the seller.

Yup. Even though it’s SB which is a desirable color on the terminator. It will sit at that price the seller is asking.

Last edited:

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
I hope the prices stay high and keep rising that way if I ever want so sell my 40k sonic blue I can get mid 20s for it

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Many times the amount of miles a car has does not matter as much as its history and condition.

A 100k mile car that's been primarily highway driven and well maintained could be a much better buy than a strip machine that lived its life a quarter mile at a time, or a 15 year old car that has sat still its whole life and now needs valve guides.

So, I can see an all original sonic blue coupe that has been well taken care of being worth more, esp if it's being sold by the original owner.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
So, he is asking more than most would pay for the mileage and when he asks what you would pay he insults you because he doesnt like your response. People are ridiculous. As said before, it all depends on the condition of the car mechanically and looks wise. Clean history etc.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Many times the amount of miles a car has does not matter as much as its history and condition.

A 100k mile car that's been primarily highway driven and well maintained could be a much better buy than a strip machine that lived its life a quarter mile at a time, or a 15 year old car that has sat still its whole life and now needs valve guides.

So, I can see an all original sonic blue coupe that has been well taken care of being worth more, esp if it's being sold by the original owner.

Exactly.

100K miles IS low mileage at this point. It's half the mileage a car of this age would normally have.

15k a year for 14-16 years is basically 225,000 miles if the car was used as a daily.

Users who are viewing this thread