cobra pricing?

blk02edge

Established Member
man its a 10+ year old MUSTANG that fetches 20-30k. If that's not a collector car....
I don't understand the emphasis on mustang... You saying no mustang can be collectible? :) Not the mention the age part... Are new mustangs the most valuable? haha

If history repeats itself, How much is a low production run of the top model fastback going for? Sure, the future may not end up the same but they are definitely no MS6 HAHA

Zemedici

Established Member
I don't understand the emphasis on mustang... You saying no mustang can be collectible? :) Not the mention the age part... Are new mustangs the most valuable? haha

If history repeats itself, How much is a low production run of the top model fastback going for? Sure, the future may not end up the same but they are definitely no MS6 HAHA

No i'm saying its a mustang, which is typically associated with being 'cheap' or 'junk' to a lot of people, and ones that are 10 years old still fetch more money than some new cars. Hell you can buy a new fiesta for less than you can buy a 10 year old cobra for.

Never_Enough

Established Member
man its a 10+ year old MUSTANG that fetches 20-30k. If that's not a collector car....
cars like the original Boss 9 Mustangs are collector cars. A modern Mustang ain't there yet unless it's a 93, 95 or 2000 R.

Last edited:

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
You want a modern muscle car that will be a collector car? Go get a ZL1. You want to overpay for a 390hp mustang? Go get you a terminator. In the end it's your money and you will ultimately make your own decision and it ain't nobody's business but your own

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I'm getting ready to sell mine, but the market seems a little tough to read. Looking around Southern California, I see 70k mile ones for 14k, 6k mile ones for 35k, and everywhere in between.

Thinking of putting mine up for $24k. 18k miles. Anyone think that's out of line?

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
I'm getting ready to sell mine, but the market seems a little tough to read. Looking around Southern California, I see 70k mile ones for 14k, 6k mile ones for 35k, and everywhere in between.

Thinking of putting mine up for $24k. 18k miles. Anyone think that's out of line?
Mods? Color? 03 or 04?

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Mods? Color? 03 or 04?
03, Zinc Yellow coupe. Mods are in my signature. Just a few, Borla exhaust, Wilwood brakes, Magnaflow catted X, Eibach springs, MGW shifter, Maximum Motorsports rear suspension bushings. I have all the stock parts including mid-pipe except the cat-back exhaust and brakes.

blk02edge

Established Member
No i'm saying its a mustang, which is typically associated with being 'cheap' or 'junk' to a lot of people, and ones that are 10 years old still fetch more money than some new cars. Hell you can buy a new fiesta for less than you can buy a 10 year old cobra for.
Sure but what car guy wants a new fiesta over a 10 year old cobra? To me its the same as the gt argument. Id rather pay MORE for a 10 year old cobra than I would for an 11+GT. Its simple, the prices wouldn't be where they are at if people weren't buying them. Tough to gauge price when condition varies so much

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
03, Zinc Yellow coupe. Mods are in my signature. Just a few, Borla exhaust, Wilwood brakes, Magnaflow catted X, Eibach springs, MGW shifter, Maximum Motorsports rear suspension bushings. I have all the stock parts including mid-pipe except the cat-back exhaust and brakes.
I'd start it at 26k. But don't budge too much from that. That's a clean low mile almost stock cobra. And only 490 of them bad boys were made. You'll find a buyer just gotta have patience

03redfireSVT

Established Member
hey guys, quick question

what is a 03 vert cobra worth roughly (assuming clean title good condition) 90k miles?

I am looking at higher mileage cobras ....anything specific to look for other than oil/coolant/brakes/tires etc ??

PS if you got one for sale or gotta lead, let me know :)
I would say 17-18k I payed 19k for mine with 60k miles only thing around my area for 13,000 was junk with salvage or rebuilt titles

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I really laugh loud at the guys that don't own one now or never have. I actually hold a little piece of gold that hasn't deprecated like a ton of other cars have. Just look at market section here and see how many join just to try buy one.

nxhappy

Established Member
at this point I don't see them depreciating. And I have wanted one for YEARS.

Users who are viewing this thread