cobra pricing?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The used Cobra market is insane to me. No way I'm buying a 14 year old car with 90k miles for like 17 grand when it was only $32k new. Hell, the 11-14 GT depreciation is approaching the level of '03 Cobras now, some of them are the same price!

A base Vert was $38,995 in 2003.

That is $51,149 today.

If you bought a 2001 Cobra or a 2003 GT, you'd easily drop $10,000+ to give it a S/C, forged short-block and a T56. On a GT you'd still be missing the brakes, interior and exterior cosmetics.

Have you seen MKIV Supra pricing?

Zemedici

Established Member
A base Vert was $38,995 in 2003.

That is $51,149 today.

If you bought a 2001 Cobra or a 2003 GT, you'd easily drop $10,000+ to give it a S/C, forged short-block and a T56. On a GT you'd still be missing the brakes, interior and exterior cosmetics.

Have you seen MKIV Supra pricing?

oh god dont remind me :(

45+ for a decent TT car. Hell, NA manual cars fetch 25-30

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
12-15k for a 90k mile 03 or 04 vert cobra is about right. I wouldn't pay 17k for one with that kind of mileage. I have, however, seen lower mileage (50-60k) coupes with mods going for 14-16k in various facebook pages and craigslist posts.

The terminator market has it's highs and it's "lows", but the market will ALWAYS be high for these cars as compared to just about anything else. As stated earlier, they are desired and fairly rare cars now because of their 2 year production span. A 13-14 5.0 won't be a collector car one day, but the terminator will. It's just how it is.

nxhappy

Established Member
I would definitely pay $16k for one with 50k miles

WHERE OH WHERE

Black2010

Established Member
Hope you find one as it will complement your Viper really well. I picked up a 98 GTS last summer and am loving it.

Seems like you will be in the $15-$17K range for what I'm assuming you are looking for. I'm sure you could find them cheaper but those will look like they have nearly 100K miles on them. The $15-$17K should get you a very well maintained car that still cosmetically looks like a lower milage car. Cobra's are like our Vipers to where some parts can be harder to source so spend the extra $$$ for a well loved car and save on the headache.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Lol at people still complaining about cobra prices.... then comparing them to mass produced GTs which a million of them are made.

Sorry guys, a car that was only made 2 years, is highly sought after, and only had about 18k made in that 2 year span (with much less around now due to many being crashed and destroyed) is going to keep prices high, and soon rising.
Well, then why is my MS6 not worth a small fortune? lol Around same production numbers & only 2 years.

Anyway, they are at these prices because people pay them.
So you didn't notice where I said $13k is for a not great condition 90k mile car?
It's fine, everyone can say what they think is 'fair pricing', but at the end of the day, why would someone pay $17k for a less desirable vert with 90k miles on it, when they can get into a lower mile one or a coupe for that price?

All I'm going to say...hop on Autotrader and check the entire country. I just hopped on there and confirmed my findings from when I bought mine are still true.
Some folks prefer a Vert. I know I do. I agree on neither being worth $17k w/90k, though.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
you find me a NICE Termi with under 100k miles for 13k and I will personally fly out to buy you hookers and coke while doing burnouts in said car ....

I just saw a low mile 03 vert nicely modded with ccw wheels for 18k in the RI market. Pull the wheels off and that is pretty dam close to a $13000
Terminator.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Yeah the prices are dictated by the ppl that buy the cars... The 03-04 cobras will always be sought after even with higher mileage. Im in the same boat OP. Id love to find a well kept higher milage terminator.

Then there are guys out there thinking they should be able to find a clean well kept one owner car with under 20km for 18k... not gonna happen. I work with a guy like that. its so annoying listening to him every day lmao. Just whines and complains about the prices.

nxhappy

Established Member
higher mileage doesn't really bother me as long as the maintenance records are there. Although 50-60k miles would be a good enough for me.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Well, then why is my MS6 not worth a small fortune? lol Around same production numbers & only 2 years.

Anyway, they are at these prices because people pay them.

Some folks prefer a Vert. I know I do. I agree on neither being worth $17k w/90k, though.
LMFAO comparing a Cobra to an MS6 now?.....

What's next, a Ferrari to a Corvette?

No guarantee it will be a collector car.

It already is.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
you cant find a smog compliant cobra IN ca lol

ive been wanting another vert for weekend cruising. was watching this nice 55k old man 2001 cobra vert on ebay that ended at $11k.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302179490672?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

ive seen fairly nice terminator verts for under $20k. hell i gave mine away for $17k lol.

The 01 Cobra is a very nice cruising car. I just sold my 01 vert with 21k miles for $11.9k It surprised me how long it took to sell. I had 4 guys offer me $10k "cash" site unseen. The first guy that finally looked at it bought it.
I have a good stack to start looking for a second Terminator.

Users who are viewing this thread