Cobra is totaled....

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Sounds like a nightmare. Sorry to hear that man.

You're in Dayton so I think I've seen you around. Do you happen to eat at the Bob Evans on Woodman/Linden frequently? And your license plate is something like "HISSSS"? I ALWAYS see a ZY vert parked at Bob's with chrome '95 Cobra R's.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Sounds like a nightmare. Sorry to hear that man.

You're in Dayton so I think I've seen you around. Do you happen to eat at the Bob Evans on Woodman/Linden frequently? And your license plate is something like "HISSSS"? I ALWAYS see a ZY vert parked at Bob's with chrome '95 Cobra R's.

Yup... Mostly on Friday nights... HSSS was me:cryying:

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Glad you and your co worker are alright. Sorry about your Cobra. Take care of that back and I hope you recover soon.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
Glad you're okay man, I know what road you are talking about, I'm just south of you in Georgetown Ky. . . hopefully you can get another man. . .

bummer fo sho

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
very very sorry to hear of your loss. i dont know what i would do without my car. good luck man

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
Glad that you and your friend walked away from all that and sorry for your car.

When you get the confirmation about what happened with the rotor please let us know!i always want to find out more when it's about stock parts that go bad

hope you'll get better soon!

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
Sorry to hear man, i know what its like to get your baby totaled. mine was completely not my fault(was rearended) and i was very angry about the whole deal. Just fight those insurance guys as much as you can. Dont take there first offer as it will be low. you should get around 17-20k payout. if you have mods list them and get all you can, if they try to screw you get a lawyer, mine really helped me but then again i was in a diff. situation. good luck with everything man.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
that sucks!! Glad to hear ur ok.

On a side note reckless op (willful or wanton disregard of safety) is a bit harsh for what you described...on your citation it should list the code to the right. if you were cited under ORC it should say 4511.20...reckless op could earn 4 points on your license. 4511.202 would be more appropriate if a citation was necessary.. operation without reasonable control. (fail to control) is a common citation with one vehicle accidents. which carries only 2 points if found guilty.

either way man I'm pullin for ya. Sucks whenever one goes down but it pulls a cord when its a local.

good luck man!!

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
that sucks!! Glad to hear ur ok.

On a side note reckless op (willful or wanton disregard of safety) is a bit harsh for what you described...on your citation it should list the code to the right. if you were cited under ORC it should say 4511.20...reckless op could earn 4 points on your license. 4511.202 would be more appropriate if a citation was necessary.. operation without reasonable control. (fail to control) is a common citation with one vehicle accidents. which carries only 2 points if found guilty.

either way man I'm pullin for ya. Sucks whenever one goes down but it pulls a cord when its a local.

good luck man!!

Yeah, I go to court today for the citation. Gonna plead not guilty. The ticket is for Reckless Op. Which is crap. The officer based it on the statements of 2 witnesses who estimated my speed at 90 - 100 mph. Which is frankly not possible given the traffic at the time. Not even my car could have accelerated from 55-60 to 90-100 in 4 car lengths.

So I will get a trial date, and then try to work it out with the prosecutor.

Wow man. That was the cleanest ZY I have seen. I sent you a PM.

Thanks, it will be missed.......

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
WOW, The Officer based his citation on joe citizen's speed estimate??

Wonder what type of training these "witnesses" have had to correctly estimate speed?? Especially when the POLICE investigate accidents an "estimate" does not mean crap! The only way to measure speed with some consistency after an accident is to take precise measurements of skid marks and there are MANY other factors involved when conducting a complete investigation of a traffic crash. That is why when there is a fatal crash the road is shut down for HOURS!

I am confident in assuming that they did NOT complete that type if investigation therefore a speed "estimate" from witnesses does not mean crap!

Based on your story I dont see the need to add insult to injury by citing you with reckless op. But that is just my opinion.

Again sorry for your loss and good luck with it all.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
...Clipped a traffic barrel with the drivers side rear quarter....

I used to live in Dayton when I was stationed at WPAFB and every time I went down to Cincy it seemed like part of 75 or 275 was under repair...:cuss:

I'm sorry to hear about your Cobra but glad to hear you and your co-worker are relatively okay...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread