Cobra build done at last runs after 1000 days

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Thanks everyone, it was A beautiful 68° Day today to have the top down.but haven't drove it,

Last edited:

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
try 28k with a full build from exhaust, engine, turbo kit, suspension, transmission.

but i did sell 12k off my car in stock stuff. so out of pocket $16k.

Well $15K is only in the motor. Not including suspension, transmission etc... I'm still running ported eaton and fuel system.

Last edited:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Am buying a laptop today of this week end.
What kind to buy. Need one for data logging.will be adding some pics here after so I don't k ow how.much memory. Or ram or GB to get anything like that for under 300 bucks or do I need something more expensive? LKM poeple.thanks will check in later. Stillonly have 3 miles on it. Need logging.

08mojo

Established Member
Am buying a laptop today of this week end.
What kind to buy. Need one for data logging.will be adding some pics here after so I don't k ow how.much memory. Or ram or GB to get anything like that for under 300 bucks or do I need something more expensive? LKM poeple.thanks will check in later. Stillonly have 3 miles on it. Need logging.

You will not need a very powerful laptop. This one is one sale for $299 and would be enough for data logging:

Samsung 15.6" Laptop 4GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive NP365E5C-S05US - Best Buy

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Hello people I been gone here since. 1/25/13.
The cobra still only has 700 miles on the new build and clutch .
Once I learn how to get a url copied from my phone to post picture I will .
I have a galaxy note 2 .I dont know all the features yet. I wish there was I easier way to post them .I have no home pc only this phone.

I hope you are all doing well. Its been a while thought id drop back in
I really do need to make this car an auto. My arthritis has been worst lately. Have hard time in stop in go traffic.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Hello people I been gone here since. 1/25/13.
The cobra still only has 700 miles on the new build and clutch .
Once I learn how to get a url copied from my phone to post picture I will .
I have a galaxy note 2 .I dont know all the features yet. I wish there was I easier way to post them .I have no home pc only this phone.

I hope you are all doing well. Its been a while thought id drop back in
I really do need to make this car an auto. My arthritis has been worst lately. Have hard time in stop in go traffic.

That really sucks to hear about your arthritis. I have a feeling that someday it will hurt to drive mine as I have had multiple knee surgeries already. Just get it to the point that it is fun to drive and comfortable for you to drive as well :beer:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Congrats on your build buddy. My car was down for a year back in 09 while I saved up for a rebuild. It's a wonderful feeling when it finally fires back up and is ready to roll again :)

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I still have to get my final tune . I still have to wire up my BAP. Then can make appointment.
Got only 1 E85 station here so probably wont do a tune for that. I would: Like"to but dont think I'll have enough fuel? What you think?

My Fuel system Consistent of .. (Returnless still) have BA 3000 JLT CAI.
2×GT 40 pumps
Fore hat fuel line up grade 8an 1 way fuel check vavle. Aeromotive 100 micron fuel filter.
2 Level 2 FPDM's with wire wiring up grade
Fore Injector rails
80 pound Injectors
And have to wire up the KB 40 Amp BAP

Would this be enough for E85?
My old setup fuel was all the same except I had 60 lbs injectors made 600 rwhp duty cycle was @82%

KB 2.6 have 3 pulleys 3.25 3.00 2.75. My old set up it had 3.25 pulley made 19 psi boost
With that being true. I think the 2.75 pulley would make appx 20 to 21 psi.
Now I have kooks LT and 24 more cubes 3.700 bore. Will probably lose 2 pounds of boost so I read.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I decided. Its in my best interest. Just to sell my car. I dont think I could do the automatic swap in my condition. I have sevre Arthritis . I dont think I could manage doing the swap.am getting worst really dont want to sell but hate paying insurance on it and not being able to Enjoy it :(
Anyone interested message me give u more details .Thanks

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I sold it my to buddy of 40 years. he already won Best of class at car show. 93-2015 SVT Class.

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Dude, people are reading it. Sucks to hear about your health issues, but you built a car that is winning shows. Not sure if that helps, but it's cool to know that something you did is getting recognition :beer:

Last edited:

Dominican_7

Established Member
Sorry to hear about you selling the car, especially after all that work. Good to hear the car did well and you sold it to someone you know.

Hope you get better and don't get upset because no one responded quickly. Very busy at least for me, can't speak for all.

Users who are viewing this thread