Cobra build done at last runs after 1000 days

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Yep. Drove it a little today. Got to got Insurance and tags on it next week.
Thanks to those who Actually helped me through my build.
will post pics of build.and cost and part list one day soon. From home PC.

I still only had break in tune .from Eric Brooks

Last edited:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
That's was $11,000 rebuild not including the already had kenne bell.
Going to drive it like the Grandpaw iam. Thanks.

Quick Strike

Established Member
That is great Gary! Is that a no boost break in tune or a safe rich tune to be tweaked through data logging? I was anxious from the time mine started running until it came off the rollers.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
its going to be difficult getting those miles on it....everytime I take mine out for a little 5 minute spin.... a $20 bill evaporates....:beer:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
The tune I don't. Know."no boost " I assume. Until both of us can data log it. Trying to let idle to run the not too old.gas out with seafoam. Once lower. I will put fresh 93 in it.and replace the plugs and log it.
I just went down the road and back.no boost and the lightest throttle I could give it.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on finishing your build, and a LONG one at that. I can only imagine how happy you are to get it back on the road. And unhappy that you can't go into boost yet. LOL! I wish you the best with it. You should have one very solid motor now. The best fun is yet to come. :)

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
Congratulations man ...my car has been down for like two months and iam going crazy....cant wait to drive it again. ..I could only imagine how you feel. ..

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Top up or top down? :-D
I had it up.I was.thinking of putting it down cause of the small back glass it was.very hard to see out of.I was backing out btweeen my old.truck that don't run and my car lift. But weather was nice that day.I just drove it down to my brother inlaws carlot to show him. He's the one that found the car for me. It was only a mile.down the road.so I got.2-3 miles on it.

Last edited:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Congrats. Looking forward to updates.
dam I just typed long post to put here and it didn't go through. Its stress too.
It take to long to post pics from my phone to here.I made an image shack. But only shows me the URL on the last pic I upload for some reason? My home PC I have not been on in almost 2 years. Is there an easier way? LMK. thanks everyone.
I hope someone will come to my recuse. That lives close to me. So I can do and send some data logging to Eric sooner than later.

RichM1983

Established Member
Wish I could help man. You might try photobucket. Depending on your smart phone you can upload to a photobucket.com account in no time and then can copy the URL from there to this page....I think. Someone else more knowledgeable will chime in I'm sure. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread