Cobra build done at last runs after 1000 days

cobra=trouble

Established Member
its going to be difficult getting those miles on it....everytime I take mine out for a little 5 minute spin.... a $20 bill evaporates....:beer:
it wont take to long to get miles on it. I drove 30 round trip to work 5-6 days a week. About 2-3 months I got to get insurance on it should I get full coverage and uninsured motorists? This is a Hurricane Katria car. Before you or any one says anything this was a fresh water car. I don't buy salt water cars anymore OMG. Water came up to the ashtray. Still has stock working radio. Stole it for $12,600 1year to date after Katrina. Had 26,996 on it then. I just had to replace all fluids. Yes it had water in the motor but was never cranked up due to the tow drivers didn't have keys to the cars they where picking up. I Just knew the motor turned cause I put it in gear rolled the car and the belts turned. On the oil dipstick it showed no water. But after draining it it had some. I think the water come up through the exhast and some of the exhast valves where open. When I got keys and just got A new ECM cause I knew I was going to keep it. It only had stock type KN filter and Borla exhast on it.I found some old mail in the trunk I tried to locate the owner but to many of them. Address was on Esplanade in hell Jefferson parish.La.
must where in South America. I got new carpet for it and the gas pedal recall part I put on. The car fired right up when the Ford tech programed my new ECM. He wanted to buy it. LOL. That's my cobra History right now am sitting in it it has 31,652.8 miles. Katrina was what 7 years ago?
They just Put "Katrina Title " on all the Cars that have to be towed with keys or not.

Question. Okay I got the Gen 3 killer chiller lowest the gauge says just idling is 59° it's 63° here right now. Is that good.? I think the AC compressor is cycling more cause it's cold?
when I turn off the AC. It.got up to 83° Before turning the AC back on.

Update on Killer Chiller water Temps. Cyber Gauge on Pod reads 60°
known good regular old Style with needle reads 48°
Look ! Less periods! FTW.

Last edited:

RichM1983

Established Member
it wont take to long to get miles on it. I drove 30 round trip to work 5-6 days a week. About 2-3 months I got to get insurance on it should I get full coverage and uninsured motorists? This is a Hurricane Katria car. Before you or any one says anything this was a fresh water car. I don't buy salt water cars anymore OMG. Water came up to the ashtray. Still has stock working radio. Stole it for $12,600 1year to date after Katrina. Had 26,996 on it then. I just had to replace all fluids. Yes it had water.in the motor but was never cranked up due to the tow drivers didn't have keys to the cars they where picking up. I Just knew the motor turned cause I put it in gear rolled the car and the belts turned. On the oil dipstick it showed no water. But after draining it it had some. I think the water come up through the exhast and some of the exhast valves where open. When I got keys and just got A new ECM cause I knew I was going to keep it. It only had stock type KN filter and Borla exhast on it.I found some old mail.in the trunk.tried.to.placate owner but to many.of them.must where in South America. I got new carpet for it and the gas pedal recall part I put on. The car fired right up when the Ford tech programed my new ECM. He wanted to buy it. LOL. That's my cobra History right now am sitting in it it has 31,652.8 miles. Katrina was what 7 years ago?

Question. Okay I got the Gen 3 killer chiller lowest the gauge says just idling is 59° it's 63° here right now. Is that good.? I think the AC compressor is cycling more cause it's cold?
when I turn off the AC. It.got up to 83° Before turning the AC back on.

Look ! Less periods! FTW.

Wow nice. So do you have any progress pics? Or just finished? Great story man. If you could email me some pics I'll post up some for you if you can.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Wow nice. So do you have any progress pics? Or just finished? Great story man. If you could email me some pics I'll post up some for you if you can.
man I got pictures right when I brought it. To the ported Eaton I had to the stock block added the KB 2.6 and all the mods. Except for long tubes.
I got pics of the motor and trans dropping out the bottom on my car lift to tear down.and boss block to assy. Everything. Even shows degreeing in the cams to pics of news Heads pistons rods and crank.then the put everything together even the 26 spline input shaft install. And blower and Fuel rails CAI To putting the motor and trans.back in. And the killer chiller install to finsh. I'd. Say 200 pics. Maybe more.
I need to make a new image shack or photobucket put them all there and share it?

RichM1983

Established Member
You can make new albums on photobucket and place pics in there that you don't want people looking at.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Testing from image shack
20121104152222.jpg

Quick Strike

Established Member
I had it up. I was thinking of putting it down cause of the small back glass it was very hard to see out of.

Well, you will have to put it down and take a ride for us northerners that have our cars in storage for another three months.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Well, you will have to put it down and take a ride for us northerners that have our cars in storage for another three months.
heck it gets in the high 20's to low 30's lately with highs only getting to 42-56 sometimes but they are days it gets 76° for the high. Will do. :)

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Tell me about it, my boss big bore block build cost me $15k. I also got my cobra running after 26 months.

try 28k with a full build from exhaust, engine, turbo kit, suspension, transmission.

but i did sell 12k off my car in stock stuff. so out of pocket $16k.

Well at this moment I decide to keep it . I really start feeling young again. But Thanks man. I Decided hey these other Cobra owners Aren't So Bad .Even the ones that gave me hell, for my grammar and poor wiring and lots of periods in my post,am trying to do better. I Forgive them all. It was only me, that's Been stressing me, A Build like this can do that to a person its not your Average SBF build up. Peace man :) and all the 03/04 Cobra owners.

I'm very happy to hear you decided to change your mind. :) :beer:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Well at this moment I decide to keep it . I really start feeling young again. But Thanks man. I Decided hey these other Cobra owners Aren't So Bad .Even the ones that gave me hell, for my grammar and poor wiring and lots of periods in my post,am trying to do better. I Forgive them all. It was only me, that's Been stressing me, A Build like this can do that to a person its not your Average SBF build up. Peace man :) and all the 03/04 Cobra owners.

:pepper:

good idea

after all the mess ive been through with my build im keeping mine also. hope to be done with it by march/april. (praying)

Users who are viewing this thread