clutch job help?

cbr repsol

Established Member
Op if u havent found anyone or it fell through? I can do the install for you . Ive worked on many members cars.

Good luck

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Doing a clutch is easy only pain is how heavy the t56 tranny is. As far as changing the input shaft, from what I've read it seems like a straight foward job. Just need a few precision measuring tools and a 12pk of beer(your choice). I can also say GTR is a great shop. Gonzalo and Ricardo are great people to deal with and will go out of their way to help out a customer.

Thanks carlos, im sure they appreciate that, Gonzalo and ricardo are the nicest guys and they do alot. I can be nice as well, hell im the one always trying to help everybody out and hook everybody up giving better prices than what they quote.

But its been proven to backfire with some people who take advantage and dont appreciate it yet i still manage to try to help them and everybody out. Im not gonna lie im a little hot headed sometimes but hell they dont call me mayhem for nothing (if you know me close and personally then you know). Just dont get on my bad side backstabbing me when im going out of my way to help you out and there wont be a problem really is what it is.

Other than that get to know me, i always share my knowledge with those in need and try to help out those that want it and yes im always trying to hook everybody up because i know how it is to be on there other end when looking and paying for real quality work.

As far as clutch jobs, thats my bread and butter, I love doing them, not many can do 3 GT500 clutch jobs(one with a 3.6 KB) by themselves in one day, should tell you more than enough im the guy to knock that job out RIGHT and in a timely manner.

As for sam, the "backyard mechanic" reference wasnt meant to offend you. Yes everybody starts somewhere but this guy is showing thats all he does which is cool but saying "F GTR" to land your job was crossing my line so yes i take offense and will get offensive about it and dont care because its me personally dealing with this ignorant guy whether you like it or not.

Anyways hope you get your clutch installed right Sam is all i can say now. Remember though in this hobby you do get what you pay for and people dont realize it until shit goes wrong unfortunately when they go for the cheapest price in some cases.

Last edited:

nerdman

Established Member
Sam, bring it over to my shop. Jimmy and i will handle it for you! You can help and learn as well. Its pretty straight forward job! You know we got u buddy!!

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Op if u havent found anyone or it fell through? I can do the install for you . Ive worked on many members cars.

Good luck

CBR I totally forgot about you! hows the kids and the job? still doing the long ass drive to work everyday? if it falls through ill let you know asap

Thanks carlos, im sure they appreciate that, Gonzalo and ricardo are the nicest guys and they do alot. I can be nice as well, hell im the one always trying to help everybody out and hook everybody up giving better prices than what they quote.

But its been proven to backfire with some people who take advantage and dont appreciate it yet i still manage to try to help them and everybody out. Im not gonna lie im a little hot headed sometimes but hell they dont call me mayhem for nothing (if you know me close and personally then you know). Just dont get on my bad side backstabbing me when im going out of my way to help you out and there wont be a problem really is what it is.

Other than that get to know me, i always share my knowledge with those in need and try to help out those that want it and yes im always trying to hook everybody up because i know how it is to be on there other end when looking and paying for real quality work.

As for sam, the "backyard mechanic" reference wasnt meant to offend you. Yes everybody starts somewhere but this guy is showing thats all he does which is cool but saying "F GTR" to land your job was crossing my line so yes i take offense and will get offensive about it and dont care because its me personally dealing with this ignorant guy whether you like it or not.

Anyways hope you get your clutch installed right Sam is all i can say now. Remember though in this hobby you do get what you pay for and people dont realize it until shit goes wrong unfortunately when they go for the cheapest price in some cases.

i dont doubt that your really good with cars and care about the end product you have alot of passion and that shows, even in your own car, shit i almost bought your 98 a few years back. we all get get hot headed at times, but you have to realize whos in your way and who your hurting, ive lost some friends that way. i wasnt backstabbing you i was waiting for you to get me the other half of the quote, yea i was still shopping around but who wouldnt. just asked for quote of what you would charge, never asked for a deal or said it was to high, yes i ive been screwed by cheap and expensive shops, i was looking for a new shop.

nerdman and jimmy will do it right and have the history to back it up. and no "you get what you pay for" doesnt apply to them. they are genuine guys who care about the end product just as much as they care about friendship

Sam, bring it over to my shop. Jimmy and i will handle it for you! You can help and learn as well. Its pretty straight forward job! You know we got u buddy!!

i know bro, my fingers are crossed to get the day off work

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member

As far as clutch jobs, thats my bread and butter, I love doing them, not many can do 3 GT500 clutch jobs(one with a 3.6 KB) by themselves in one day, should tell you more than enough im the guy to knock that job out RIGHT and in a timely manner.

Clutch master!!!! I am so ignorant. Please continue to personally deal with me. I said I have fixed problems from Gtr. Reason I said f gtr. Seeing the job and what the customer was charged. That is it! Not always do you get what you pay for. Gears for example. Some guys know alot of tricks and will set them up for 200 in their own garages and do 10 times the job of a shop that charges 600. Stop spewing nonsense.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
CBR I totally forgot about you! hows the kids and the job? still doing the long ass drive to work everyday? if it falls through ill let you know asap

i dont doubt that your really good with cars and care about the end product you have alot of passion and that shows, even in your own car, shit i almost bought your 98 a few years back. we all get get hot headed at times, but you have to realize whos in your way and who your hurting, ive lost some friends that way. i wasnt backstabbing you i was waiting for you to get me the other half of the quote, yea i was still shopping around but who wouldnt. just asked for quote of what you would charge, never asked for a deal or said it was to high, yes i ive been screwed by cheap and expensive shops, i was looking for a new shop.

nerdman and jimmy will do it right and have the history to back it up. and no "you get what you pay for" doesnt apply to them. they are genuine guys who care about the end product just as much as they care about friendship

i know bro, my fingers are crossed to get the day off work

I never accused you of backstabbing just so you know. Good luck though hope it gets done and right Sam.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Clutch master!!!! I am so ignorant. Please continue to personally deal with me. I said I have fixed problems from Gtr. Reason I said f gtr. Seeing the job and what the customer was charged. That is it! Not always do you get what you pay for. Gears for example. Some guys know alot of tricks and will set them up for 200 in their own garages and do 10 times the job of a shop that charges 600. Stop spewing nonsense.

Your the only one spewing nonsense making up bs stories. You've never fixed any of our problems because we don't let problems leave at least not since I've been here. Until your shop or garage or backyard is as full as GTR I suggest you keep to yourself and keep turning wrenches.

Last edited:

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Well everything done and cars great! here a quick recap

THE PARTS
CIMG2262_zpsa7d64c91.gif

HIM JUST STANDING THERE
CIMG2258_zpsd4df30ed.gif

TIME TO WORK
CIMG2260_zpsd3e9335a.gif

CIMG2264_zps79eaca27.gif

CIMG2266_zps1ba64d8f.gif

CIMG2267_zpsd62e96c9.gif

CIMG2270_zpsc5b550e2.gif

CIMG2271_zps889a84d5.gif

CIMG2272_zps47504261.gif

CIMG2280_zps9fdfa565.gif

CIMG2281_zpsd1df7366.gif

CIMG2286_zps1d5826f4.gif

AND BACK TOGETHER
CIMG2293_zps7fa5c7e4.gif

CIMG2294_zps30ff8681.gif

CIMG2296_zps19165aa5.gif

CIMG2298_zps7db663cc.gif

AND HES STILL JUST STANDING THERE
IMAG0156_zps70401ad4.gif

nerdman

Established Member
Hahah. Fun times. It was easier doing this at jimmys place than my shop! Franks cars are in the way. Lol. Damm, i should have worn sunblock last week and damm, i look fat! Lol.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Hahah. Fun times. It was easier doing this at jimmys place than my shop! Franks cars are in the way. Lol. Damm, i should have worn sunblock last week and damm, i look fat! Lol.

all those cookies/brownies/cupcakes didnt help!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
hahah cool pics. did that fidanza fw come with dowel pins, and were you able to press them? i had a tough time with the dowel pins on my fidanza. 2 actually came out at speed and chewed up the inside of my bellhousing

congrats on getting it all done :thumbsup:

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
How does the new clutch feel?

night and day difference, between the clutch and the right fluid it feels..... new.
just have to get use to it, its alot more on/off clutch. And the 90% lighter pedal feel is great too

hahah cool pics. did that fidanza fw come with dowel pins, and were you able to press them? i had a tough time with the dowel pins on my fidanza. 2 actually came out at speed and chewed up the inside of my bellhousing

um you would have to ask nerdman, i went to do a parts run while they installed the flywheel and clutch

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
night and day difference, between the clutch and the right fluid it feels..... new.
just have to get use to it, its alot more on/off clutch. And the 90% lighter pedal feel is great too

Cool. Where did you end up getting the work done? I have a feeling I'm gonna be needing a new clutch soon so I might be tackling this too.

orange04

Established Member

Fidanza does include the pins. You have to press them in. They take quite a bit of force to install them. Also the pins have one side that is tapered which makes them easier to install. Fidanza recommends you put some Loctite on them to ensure they don't come out. Doesn't seem like they would come out even without the Loctite.

Glad the clutch job went well for you.

Backyard mechanics FTW! :beer:

hcracerx

Established Member
Glad Jimmy and nerdman got the job done for you Sam! My clutch got changed on that same floor using those same tools once upon a time...

To anyone and everyone reading this thread, please PLEASE do not let anything you read here sour your opinion of GTR High Performance. They truly are one of the best shops I have ever dealt with, and they have helped me out on numerous occasions. Do not take anything that can be viewed as harsh in this thread as indicative of GTR as a company, or how they are to deal with. If you have any doubt about GTR after reading this thread, please call and speak to Gonzalo or Ricardo and they will set you at ease. They are literally the nicest guys in the industry, and you cannot go wrong bringing your car to them for any work you need done.

Last edited:

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Fidanza does include the pins. You have to press them in. They take quite a bit of force to install them. Also the pins have one side that is tapered which makes them easier to install. Fidanza recommends you put some Loctite on them to ensure they don't come out. Doesn't seem like they would come out even without the Loctite.

Glad the clutch job went well for you.

Backyard mechanics FTW! :beer:

good one, thanks:banana:

Glad Jimmy and nerdman got the job done for you Sam! My clutch got changed on that same floor using those same tools once upon a time...

To anyone and everyone reading this thread, please PLEASE do not let anything you read here sour your opinion of GTR High Performance. They truly are one of the best shops I have ever dealt with, and they have helped me out on numerous occasions. Do not take anything that can be viewed as harsh in this thread as indicative of GTR as a company, or how they are to deal with. If you have any doubt about GTR after reading this thread, please call and speak to Gonzalo or Ricardo and they will set you at ease. They are literally the nicest guys in the industry, and you cannot go wrong bringing your car to them for any work you need done.

yea they are cool guys

Users who are viewing this thread