clutch job help?

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Ok have fun with that clutch job. Yes we fixed Jasons car because a backyard mechanic screwed it up and cost jason 400 bucks. Was actually 600 but I talked with my boss and got Jason a better deal. You didn't know that did you?

Hacks are everywhere. Shop or not. That is great you took care of someone. Like I said before there are many people out there that do great work. Does Gtr know you speak the way you do to potential customers?

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
You are pathetic. First off your representing GTR in here and your doing a really bad job at it. What's with this back yard mechanic stuff? My shop forman started off as a back yard mechanic ( and he was one of the first GTR customers)I'm a back yard mechanic, my brother in law is one and he has his own shop now, shit half this forum is back yard mechanics. Needles to say If this is how you expect to make new customers and take criticism then your never touching my car. This just shows how professional and serious you take your work.

After you fixed Jason's car I was like, wow that's a great shop. Guess its true, don't judge a book by its cover

Instead you could have been a man and said I'm sorry you feel that way and move on. That would have been professional

Also I was redoing your quote trying to get you a better deal than what I originally told you because id met you at FFF and wanted to help you out but forget it. Done trying to hook up you guys on here. Only our customers know how we do for them and im fine with that. Cant save them all. Like we don't have enough work as it is. Just was trying to help you out but forget it.

Last edited:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Also I was redoing your quote trying to get you a better deal than what I originally told you because id met you at FFF and wanted to help you out but forget it. Done trying to hook up you guys on here. Only our customers know how we do for them abdomen fine with that. Like we don't have enough work as it is. Just was trying to help you out but forget it.

I hope you are better at writing work orders than typing. Wow. :lol:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Hacks are everywhere. Shop or not. That is great you took care of someone. Like I said before there are many people out there that do great work. Does Gtr know you speak the way you do to potential customers?

Your not a potential customer.:loser:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Wow. This kind of talking usually happens between people in other states but this time all of you it mostly all of you know each other which should not be tolerated. I've met most of you in this thread and all of you are cool guys. Let's keep it classy folks. Sam I don't know what you decided but can't wait for your car to be done and out running around :beer:

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
well its time for me to install the following but, is it possible to do myself, would anyone be down to help me or should i just find a shop take it to?

D&D 26 spline input shaft
Ford Racing 11" Clutch Bolt Kit
Ford racing throwout bearing
Ford racing pilot bearing
Leathal throwout bearing retainer sleeve
Centerforce dual friction clutch (26spline)
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Mamimum motorsport clutch cable,quadrant,and firewall adjuster

Sam. I helped a buddy do a Gt tranny & clutch install. Few years ago, was a PITA. But if you take your time and keep track of where everything came from and goes you got it. Otherwise, take it to GTR or RET. ill even ask my buddy Greg at GTEngineering how much he would charge.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Hey LL feel free to ban Da5deuce, he's a Ravens fan. ;-) lol

Just playing with you Deuce. Haha :beer:

That's a good enough reason for me.:lol1:

C'mon guys where's the love lol. Your teams will have a chance next year lol

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Does Gtr know you speak the way you do to potential customers?

Why would he care, its not his business and reputation

Also I was redoing your quote trying to get you a better deal than what I originally told you because id met you at FFF and wanted to help you out but forget it. Done trying to hook up you guys on here. Only our customers know how we do for them and im fine with that. Cant save them all. Like we don't have enough work as it is. Just was trying to help you out but forget it.

really don't care anymore. Im taking my hard earned cash else where and I found a place that will do it cheaper then you could ever and the same if not better job

Your not a potential customer.:loser:

your right, I was

Wow. This kind of talking usually happens between people in other states but this time all of you it mostly all of you know each other which should not be tolerated. I've met most of you in this thread and all of you are cool guys. Let's keep it classy folks. Sam I don't know what you decided but can't wait for your car to be done and out running around :beer:

well said yea its sad but thanks bro and I love your tapatalk signature! Makes me laugh everytime

Hey LL feel free to ban Da5deuce, he's a Ravens fan. ;-) lol

works for me

Sam. I helped a buddy do a Gt tranny & clutch install. Few years ago, was a PITA. But if you take your time and keep track of where everything came from and goes you got it. Otherwise, take it to GTR or RET. ill even ask my buddy Greg at GTEngineering how much he would charge.

Thanks a lot jason! Really appreciate it. I also wanna get my tune checked if not retuned. Guess GTR wont be doing that as well

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
really don't care anymore. Im taking my hard earned cash else where and I found a place that will do it cheaper then you could ever and the same if not better job

Thanks a lot jason! Really appreciate it. I also wanna get my tune checked if not retuned. Guess GTR wont be doing that as well

Haha if thats what you think coming from somebody who knows nothing really about installing clutches and now all the sudden thinks he knows people that can do it better and for cheaper:lol:

But thats fine. Plenty of fish in the sea but damn Quit being a little girl about it geez!

Last edited:

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Haha if thats what you think coming from somebody who knows nothing really about installing clutches and now all the sudden thinks he knows people that can do it better and for cheaper:lol

Your right I don't know. That was the point of me asking for help. But its not all of a sudden just he made time for me.

Last edited:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Oh crap I was only gone for a lil bit what happen?? All I can say is gtr is great shop and has and still treats me well my car is product of gtr. Op good luck and I can only hope this thread doesnt leave a bad taste in your mouth because the guys at gtr are really cool. Otherwise than that other than to ty which is that ravens got lucky lol :poke:

Cobra03Mach1

Established Member
Doing a clutch is easy only pain is how heavy the t56 tranny is. As far as changing the input shaft, from what I've read it seems like a straight foward job. Just need a few precision measuring tools and a 12pk of beer(your choice). I can also say GTR is a great shop. Gonzalo and Ricardo are great people to deal with and will go out of their way to help out a customer.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Oh crap I was only gone for a lil bit what happen?? All I can say is gtr is great shop and has and still treats me well my car is product of gtr. Op good luck and I can only hope this thread doesnt leave a bad taste in your mouth because the guys at gtr are really cool. Otherwise than that other than to ty which is that ravens got lucky lol :poke:

Thanks for the kind words. You know we always put the customer 1st and always go out of our way to make sure the customer is satisfied and taken care of.

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
whoa whoa whoa pump your brakes i understand you trying to get business and make money but saying f gtr is all wrong. Gtr is one of the best shops i have ever been to and alwats willing to help out. They are never to busy to talk to people and give advice. They do great work and have worked on both of my cars and ive never had any issues with them so u can take that f gtr shit somewhere else.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread