clutch job help?

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
well its time for me to install the following but, is it possible to do myself, would anyone be down to help me or should i just find a shop take it to?

D&D 26 spline input shaft
Ford Racing 11" Clutch Bolt Kit
Ford racing throwout bearing
Ford racing pilot bearing
Leathal throwout bearing retainer sleeve
Centerforce dual friction clutch (26spline)
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Mamimum motorsport clutch cable,quadrant,and firewall adjuster

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
well its time for me to install the following but, is it possible to do myself, would anyone be down to help me or should i just find a shop take it to?

D&D 26 spline input shaft
Ford Racing 11" Clutch Bolt Kit
Ford racing throwout bearing
Ford racing pilot bearing
Leathal throwout bearing retainer sleeve
Centerforce dual friction clutch (26spline)
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Mamimum motorsport clutch cable,quadrant,and firewall adjuster

If you want it done right take it too a shop. 1. its not fun doing a t-56 on your back, 2. alot of parts here that need to be installed right. If you need help bring it too GTR we'll do it for a good price without charging and arm and a leg and it'll be done right.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
F gtr. What I mean is I have seen a handful of there jobs. The attention to detail is not the best. The pricing is not that great either. I can do it. Check my thread. Plenty of happy customers. Also Greg at RET is a great tuner. His guys wrenching are not that great. Not trying to bash, just posting from what I have had hands on expeience with.

Last edited:

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
send me a quote. im willing to jump in and learn. never done one before thats the only thing stopping me. ive done blower swaps, irs swaps, normal bolt ons, just never a clutch and input shaft :)

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
F gtr. I can do it. Check my thread. Plenty of happy customers.

Whoa whoa whoa pump your brakes I understand you trying to get business and make money but saying f gtr is all wrong. Gtr is one of the best shops I have ever been to and alwats willing to help out. They are never to busy to talk to people and give advice. They do great work and have worked on both of my cars and ive never had any issues with them so u can take that f gtr shit somewhere else.

ttk53

Established Member
If you have mechanical skill you and a budy can install all that in a weekend.

Yea its a pain to do on your back but paying a shop in a pain in the wallet.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Thanks. Unfortunately some people can be ignorant like in his case. That or he is hurting for money since he would resort to such ignorant comments. I understand trying to get the job but he didn't need the F GTR part.

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
F gtr. I can do it. Check my thread. Plenty of happy customers.

I hope you realize how this comment is going to affect your business. If you work is that good, it can stand on its own and your customers can come in here and recommend you before you have to, let alone bash another company.

OP: I'd be very careful of dealing with a company or garage mechanic that tries to get business by putting others down (justified comments or not).

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
I apologize for the way I worded that. I should have said you should have seen some of the Gtr messes I have cleaned up as well as helped others clean up. Anyhow I will edit that. OP tackle it yourself. Best advice I can give is just don't be intimidated, dive in and pay close attention. You will be fine!

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
I apologize for the way I worded that. I should have said you should have seen some of the Gtr messes I have cleaned up as well as helped others clean up. Anyhow I will edit that. OP tackle it yourself. Best advice I can give is just don't be intimidated, dive in and pay close attention. You will be fine!

I find that hard to believe especially since we take real good care of our customers even if there is a problem we do it. But nothing like back yard mechanic says it all, your only good enough to work out if your back yard and apparently don't have the skills etc to work in a real shop. Hope your work isn't as bad as your mouth because your hurting your rep mr backyard mechanic.

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
Yes that's exactly what your mom said last night. Tell her I need my wrench back though. They aren't cheap like your back yard mechanic tools. Bahahaha wooooo!

Seriously man? That's not professional. :nonono:

GTR treated one of my friends good and he had nothing but good things to say. Runs2rch worked on another one of my buddies car that another shop screwed up on and he couldn't be happier with the work. Sam, whoever you feel more confident with, have them do it. Just make sure your comfortable with whoever you choose. :beer:

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Idk ask him. Its always an ret customer that bad mouths GTR without even knowing us. I don't understand why some do.

Not to step on toes but you talk as much shit about every other shop. So don't get offended when others talk shit back. If your gonna talk shit handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread