CJ intake +a6+first couple of passes

nordy racer

Established Member
Damn, that's flat out kicking some ass!! The mph is really impressive!! Care to tell when your locking up the converter? I have to assume that the DA was pretty impressive, how does the DA compare with previous best? 3.5 mph increase is a big increase no matter how you look at it, congrats!! I realize your not going for a mph record, but that has to be close for the mods?

here is the best MPH of the day on the last run about about 330pm.. and the converter is locking up half way in 2nd and we are coming at the line about 7290rpm in 4th..

1616214_10153773450090463_351661366_n_zpsd219555b.jpg

side note man I have to stop stressing and chewing my nails lol

so really the car picked up 4mph or so from my best times.. we are still tweaking the trans tune & motor tune and i'm going drop some weight with new seats and taking the back seat out with a delete kit, no one sits back there anyway.

Last edited:

trevnut

Established Member
A tenth and a half slower in the 60' but only 5 hundredths slower in the 1/4..... That would have been a good one if it would have 60'd better!!

What was the temp outside?

nordy racer

Established Member
A tenth and a half slower in the 60' but only 5 hundredths slower in the 1/4..... That would have been a good one if it would have 60'd better!!

What was the temp outside?

yea the car push the lights trying to stall up. it would have been a 11.1? something..

temps didn't make it out of the 34 to 37 range..

nordy racer

Established Member
at the lights trapping high 7200's or so in 4th with the 430 gears. also got to try and work those 60fts down into the 1.49 or lower..

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
had a new PB today.. went from 11.44 at 117.9 to this best ET.. (had a better MPH of 121.4 on a slower run)

-1800" DA is retarded lol

With DA correction your time isn't much different than your previous best. What was the DA like on your previous best?

trevnut

Established Member
Warm weather will NOT help it if he is hooking up, the colder the weather the better!!

So your saying a car won't run faster in warmer air? Explain how this is NOT possible at all. Better have some serious data to back this up. I'll tell you it is 100% possible that the car can go faster in warmer air. Keep in mind i said warmer... not hot.

jjd975

Established Member
Really curious what temp and da the previous best was run in.

I don't think anyone said it wasn't possible to run faster with warmer air, but in general you will make more power in cooler temps and lower da.

coyote302

Established Member
had a new PB today.. went from 11.44 at 117.9 to this best ET.. (had a better MPH of 121.4 on a slower run)
1616795_10153772807940463_1037793227_n_zps4dbdec5f.jpg
very nice pass nordy.....just work on that 60 ft time and you will be very close to your 10 sec pass .....:rockon:

Really curious what temp and da the previous best was run in.

I don't think anyone said it wasn't possible to run faster with warmer air, but in general you will make more power in cooler temps and lower da.
+1 on this.....the cooler the temp the better da will be and the faster you will go as long as you can 60 ft....

nordy racer

Established Member
run110913_zps5e7ef1c5.jpg

was on Nov 9 2013 at 11:18am at Cecil County Raceway..

Density Altitude: -515 feet
Relative Density: 101.52 %

looks like that day..

goat-ee

Established Member
So your saying a car won't run faster in warmer air? Explain how this is NOT possible at all. Better have some serious data to back this up. I'll tell you it is 100% possible that the car can go faster in warmer air. Keep in mind i said warmer... not hot.

It's common knowledge and absolutely basic physics. Do a basic Google search on Density Altitude and the effect on an internal combustion engine. With all else being equal, an engine will make more HP with cooler air. Just for kicks you can play with this DA calculator. Plug in different air and dew point temperatures and you will see. Density Altitude Calculator - English/Metric

trevnut

Established Member
It's common knowledge and absolutely basic physics. Do a basic Google search on Density Altitude and the effect on an internal combustion engine. With all else being equal, an engine will make more HP with cooler air. Just for kicks you can play with this DA calculator. Plug in different air and dew point temperatures and you will see. Density Altitude Calculator - English/Metric

It is possible for a car to go faster in warmer air temps. Believe it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread