cheap and simple

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
rphinney said:
WW I would come without the helmet if you want, If it is your first time at the track ever You will be surprised just how much it will take to get into the 13's, it takes practice, granted you should have ample power, just to give you an idea my vette ran 14.2 last time out, of course that was with wheel spin thru the 330'..........(it did trap 109) . I was not using a helmet in the L and I am still unsure if we are going to set Mad Mike up with one. It's not 100 percent they would park you if you went 13's and if they did my guess is it is going to take you a couple runs to get it there so it wouldnt be a total waste of 20 bucks.
tis true, I see myself lighting the tires up or babying it out the hole too much and lagging. I'll see if I cant come up with one, well see.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Rex has a good point and besides that, you get 3 tries at it before they start asking for equipment as long as you~ On your tech card, it will ask you for your 1/4 mile times, just put something higher than 14.00. I suggest high 14's for the tech card because if your borderline 13's then they may ask you for a back-up plan if you get lucky and break the 13's.

FordFanStan

Established Member
I know there no local speed shops in this area and i dont think there are anymore in bakes like there use to be that would seell them....?? (Super Shops) ...

I'D WIN

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
Id Win do you suggest summit or jegs for a helmet or someone else..?

Check your local motorcycle shop. Don't get anything to fancy and look for an open face helmet unless your running deep into the 11's or 10's. I will try to get Stewart to chime in as he just purchased a brand new open face helmet which is very comfortable and he got it very cheap.

rphinney

Established Member
White Whine said:
tis true, I see myself lighting the tires up or babying it out the hole too much and lagging. I'll see if I cant come up with one, well see.

I don't doubt you will get there but I'm sure your main goal on at least the first run will be keeping it out of the wall due to wheelspin and that usually leads to dissapointing times initially. As you get more comfortable the truck with the 6 lb'er certainly has the nuts to do it. :beer:

I'D WIN

Established Member
I know HJC has some open-face Snell 2000 helmets for right around $60-75. You should be able to find one of those nearby.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
rphinney said:
I don't doubt you will get there but I'm sure your main goal on at least the first run will be keeping it out of the wall due to wheelspin and that usually leads to dissapointing times initially. As you get more comfortable the truck with the 6 lb'er certainly has the nuts to do it. :beer:
lol, yeah I'm gonna have to watch out for those walls, heard they jump out at you sometimes. Its sad/funny, i'm 23 and made the mistake of letting my mom know I was going to a track and she flipped her lid, outright doesnt want me going, meanwhile my dad is sitting there and I'm looking to him for help cause he used to have a 10 second torino and a bunch of other crap like a turbod motorcycle. he finally spoke up but she doesnt approve, so for her sake I best try to keep it safe and sane.

FordFanStan

Established Member
23 here to WW, told my dad but i dont think he thought much, he just thinks im pry full of shit lol. well as long as those new wheels/tires come in on friday or before, ill be there.....Stan

Users who are viewing this thread