cheap and simple

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
after giving much thought, seeing as how I owe so much on my new truck it wouldnt be wise to throw thousands of dollars into it, or at least I dont want to knowing I should be paying down the truck as much as possible. That said, how would this short and sweet list work (bearing in mind I have the predator and an intake now):
Steig full porting
LFP 4# lower
LFP "M" VB
Tuned by Swansons in socal.

Will this get me in the mid to high 12s? then after I've paid it down a tad I'll add on the other crap as I see fit.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Just throw a shot of NOS on there and call it a day! If I could do it all over again, I would have been more conventional and went with simple, HP mods.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
I'D WIN said:
Just throw a shot of NOS on there and call it a day! If I could do it all over again, I would have been more conventional and went with simple, HP mods.
I dont know enough about nitrous to do that. it scares me.

I'll probably order all my mods at the same time so I'll certainly take pics when I get them. :D may be a while though with this whole wedding thing I got myself into... ;-)

I'D WIN

Established Member
I hear that...weddings are not cost friendly.

You could also just bolt on a KB and call it a day! That will get you into the 12's with no problem.

Good luck!

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
I'D WIN said:
I hear that...weddings are not cost friendly.

You could also just bolt on a KB and call it a day! That will get you into the 12's with no problem.

Good luck!
I could, but thats what, 3k? the mods listed above will be about 1300 without a tune...we'll see.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
If I would of done it all overaging a year ago I would of had my built block by now :bash:

rphinney

Established Member
Hey WW when you planning on doing this stuff, next month is my target to mod the L, maybe we could make a run to swanson's with both trucks.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
that would be cool, but I dont know if I'm gonna be ready that soon. I wish I could make it up to have Sal tune it in santa clara, but money is very tight right now because of all my deposits that are due and then saving, I may come up with some extra bucks if my parents sell their house cause then they'll help me with my wedding, otherwise my cash flow is zero for the next year...

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
rphinney said:
Well maybe you could make it down to Famoso one night before the season is over or something, catch you later.
absolutely! I really want to, one of my biggest regrets with the SRT is I never took it to the track. What does it cost for a friday night test n tune? I'd be willing to come down sometime, maybe take half day, and go do a few runs. just want a baseline before I go mod happy.

rphinney

Established Member
Per car is 20.00 and Specatators are 15.00
They go from 6-10:30
Last time I showed up about 8 and only got three runs but that's my fault for being late, still not bad for 20 bucks. Do you guys have a track anywhere up there?

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
rphinney said:
Per car is 20.00 and Specatators are 15.00
They go from 6-10:30
Last time I showed up about 8 and only got three runs but that's my fault for being late, still not bad for 20 bucks. Do you guys have a track anywhere up there?
thats not bad, do they open the gates at 6 or can you get in before? is there a lot of rice there or are there usually cool people? They've been talking about a track for years in fresno, instead they just spend more money to put more cops on the street to pull people over for no front plate and search and impound cars for "race parts." Fresno is lame, I dont street race and I still worry about the cops, one of the reasons I got rid of the SRT, cause its such a suspect type car.

I'D WIN

Established Member
The gates don't open until 6p at Bakersfield. They have never budged either, its always been AT 6p.

Everytime I have gone, its been a different story. Sometimes there is a lot of rice, sometimes there isn't, sometimes there is just a crap load of cars. Overall, there is a pretty good mixture of rides and the track prep is usually very good and most L's have experienced there fastest times there.

You won't find to many cops out near the track, its out in the middle of nowhere and is surrounded by crop fields. Don't think because the gates don't open until 6 that you will be waiting on the side of street in clear view, they have a large fenced-in area that you can wait in. It would be very wise of you to get there early because the lines grow quickly.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
I'D WIN said:
The gates don't open until 6p at Bakersfield. They have never budged either, its always been AT 6p.

Everytime I have gone, its been a different story. Sometimes there is a lot of rice, sometimes there isn't, sometimes there is just a crap load of cars. Overall, there is a pretty good mixture of rides and the track prep is usually very good and most L's have experienced there fastest times there.

You won't find to many cops out near the track, its out in the middle of nowhere and is surrounded by crop fields. Don't think because the gates don't open until 6 that you will be waiting on the side of street in clear view, they have a large fenced-in area that you can wait in. It would be very wise of you to get there early because the lines grow quickly.
cool, thanks for the info! I'm gonna try to go within the next two months, ill be on street tires and with what mods I have now, intake, predator tune and 6# lower. thats it. If I'm in mid to low 13s I'll be happy.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
That sounds like a good starter setup. Safe, cheap, and quick. You'll have a blast w/ those mods. Grab yourself a catback too so you have some rumble to go with that jungle.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
sharkbite1979 said:
That sounds like a good starter setup. Safe, cheap, and quick. You'll have a blast w/ those mods. Grab yourself a catback too so you have some rumble to go with that jungle.
workin on it! thanks for the feedback guys!

I'D WIN

Established Member
This is what is left so you if your going to make your move, mark your calendars and plan ahead.

August

5 - Friday Night Test and Tune and Team Famoso High School Race #7, gates 6pm

19 - Friday Night Test and Tune and Team Famoso High School Race #8, gates 6pm

September

9 - Friday Night Test and Tune, gates 6pm

October

22-23 – Truckin for Kids Truck Show and Drags, gates TBa

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
I'D WIN said:
This is what is left so you if your going to make your move, mark your calendars and plan ahead.

August

5 - Friday Night Test and Tune and Team Famoso High School Race #7, gates 6pm

19 - Friday Night Test and Tune and Team Famoso High School Race #8, gates 6pm

September

9 - Friday Night Test and Tune, gates 6pm

October

22-23 – Truckin for Kids Truck Show and Drags, gates TBa
damn, that it? september 9th I'll be on a cruise, so august is gonna have to be it...I want to say I have something going on the 19th, but could be wrong...hmm

Users who are viewing this thread