cheap and simple

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
damn, thread hijack? lol, where did you guys come from? well my friends are wussing out, so it sounds likely I'm going to go alone, which I dont like, but we'll see, I should be able to get at least one other guy to come with me. we'll see. so can I show up at like 5 and have a spot to chill at the gates till they open?

FordFanStan

Established Member
well if im in town ill be there ealry WW, and XX will be there if im there too.... Im just not for sure yet if I can come, Im waiting on my new 20" chromies to come in... My back tires are, (dont know if this is possible lol), negative tread depth..?? I cant drive on them now... anywho if they come in before friday or early on friday ill be headin to town without mods to get stock times.... ill keep you updated... late Stan

rphinney

Established Member
We will probably be showing up around 5:30, remember Famoso is about 20 minutes north of Bako, my guess is you could make it there in 1.5 hours but there will be people lining up early I'm sure, so come whenever, O 1 other thing, make sure you are wearing long pants, part of the Tech inspection is driver clothing. May want to bring a helmet too if you can get your hamds on one, I think the time for helmets is 13.99.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
rphinney said:
We will probably be showing up around 5:30, remember Famoso is about 20 minutes north of Bako, my guess is you could make it there in 1.5 hours but there will be people lining up early I'm sure, so come whenever, O 1 other thing, make sure you are wearing long pants, part of the Tech inspection is driver clothing. May want to bring a helmet too if you can get your hamds on one, I think the time for helmets is 13.99.
seriously? will they kick me off without a helmet? I'm going to assume ill run better than a 13.99...are short sleeves ok? I'll do jeans, but dont want long sleeves if I dont have it! I'll try to get there around 5-530.

rphinney

Established Member
Last time I went out they did not care about short sleeves, you may want to bring a long sleeve shirt just incase (you could always just put it on real quick while in the lanes. If you check their site it should say what speed requires a helmet but I think it is 13.99. If you don't bring one you are cool until you run below 13.99 then they can tell you to shut it down. I usually run over to my pops and borrow his motorcycle helmet, anything DOT approved will work.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
I'll see if I can find one. Do I get a freebie run though? Like no helmet and if I break into the 13s, which Id be mad if I didnt, then I could put it on or should I just wear one from the get go? dont wanna start crap with them.

FordFanStan

Established Member
what about a motocross helmet, theyll say no huh... thats all i got, well i just hope i have to have one... (under 13.99s lol)... late Stan

rphinney

Established Member
You could bring a motorcross helmet its better than nothing I guess. If you are all stock and haven't run the truck before 13's would be a good goal, that is what Mad Mike is going to be shooting for. Fastest stock L runs are in the 13.0 to 13.5 range, factor in that it is going to be about 95 degrees so we will all lose .5 of a second, we hope to be running high 11's, now WW will be a different story with that 6lb'r. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
rphinney said:
You could bring a motorcross helmet its better than nothing I guess. If you are all stock and haven't run the truck before 13's would be a good goal, that is what Mad Mike is going to be shooting for. Fastest stock L runs are in the 13.0 to 13.5 range, factor in that it is going to be about 95 degrees so we will all lose .5 of a second, we hope to be running high 11's, now WW will be a different story with that 6lb'r. :thumbsup:
we'll see, its also got chrome 20s on it that aint gonna help and cheap tires that will hopefully bite, I fear ill be overcautious and my 60's will suck. I think all else fails I'm gonna bring my fiance.

I'D WIN

Established Member
rphinney said:
Last time I went out they did not care about short sleeves, you may want to bring a long sleeve shirt just incase (you could always just put it on real quick while in the lanes. If you check their site it should say what speed requires a helmet but I think it is 13.99. If you don't bring one you are cool until you run below 13.99 then they can tell you to shut it down. I usually run over to my pops and borrow his motorcycle helmet, anything DOT approved will work.

Negative shorty!

The helmet must be Snell 95 or better, anything else will be confiscated. Confiscated helmets can be picked up at the end of the night. Snell 90 helmets are no longer allowed beginning in 2006 but some tracks have already implemented this new policy (Famoso has). DOT helmets are not approved for racing. That goes for a majority of the tracks.

Here is a listing of the general requirements and specifications for those who need a refresher or initial training.

ENGINE
Engine/Transmission
OEM production engine and transmission case and components must be as produced by OEM manufacturer for the particular vehicle application. All other engines and transmissions prohibited.

Exhaust System
All vehicles must be equipped with mufflers and a functional exhaust system that extends at least behind the drivers' seat. Competition exhaust permitted. Exhaust must be directed out of car to rear, away from driver and fuel tank.

Fuel
Racing gasoline, gasoline, gasohol, diesel, ethanol, natural gas, and propane permitted. Nitromethane prohibited.

Fuel System/Battery
All batteries, fuel tanks, fuel lines, fuel pumps, or filler necks must retain stock OEM location as produced by the OEM manufacturer.

Liquid Overflow
Catch-can mandatory for coolant overflow; one-pint (16-ounce) minimum capacity.

Nitrous Oxide
Prohibited. The use of nitrous oxide will deem the vehicle non-street-legal and car will be classified under E.T. Handicap Racing rules.

Supercharger, Turbocharger
Original OEM supercharger or turbocharger permitted. Any non-OEM, high helix, or screw-type supercharger prohibited.

BRAKES & SUSPENSION
Brakes
Four-wheel OEM-style brake system mandatory.

Steering
Each car in competition must have sufficient positive front-end alignment to ensure proper handling of car at all speeds.

Suspension
All cars must have a full suspension system of the type produced by an automobile manufacturer (i.e. springs, torsion bars, etc.). Lightening of stock components prohibited. Rigid mounted suspensions prohibited.

TIRES & WHEELS
Tires
Street tires or DOT drag radials permitted. Racing slicks prohibited.

Wheels
Must be automotive-type wheels suitable for street use.

BODY
Body
Must have full top and windshield as produced by OEM manufacturer. All full-bodied cars must have two driver exits. Both doors must be functional from inside and outside on all full-bodied cars. Four stock-production fenders mandatory, body kits permitted.

Firewall
Mandatory, as produced by OEM manufacturer. Firewall may not be altered in any manner.

Hood
Mandatory.

Seats
Properly braced, framed, and supported OEM-style seats mandatory.

Windshield, Windows
Mandatory, as produced by OEM manufacturer only. Must be in good condition and free of cracks. Windshield/window tint must meet the applicable state requirements. Windows must be closed during races; need not be operable. Decals permitted on rear quarter and rear window only. Competition-number decals are permitted on any window or windshield.

ELECTRICAL
Batteries
Batteries must be securely mounted in stock OEM location only.

Ignition
OEM-designed ignition system permitted.

Headlights, Taillights
All lights must be operational.

SUPPORT GROUP
Computer
Computers installed on stock vehicles by the new-vehicle manufacturers for the proper operation of such vehicles are permitted. OEM electronic fuel injection permitted.

Electronics
The use of racing electronics (i.e. delay box, throttle stop, etc.) strictly prohibited.

Fire-extinguisher system
Permitted; must be securely mounted.

DRIVER
Credentials
Driver must have a valid unrestricted state- or government-issued driver's license, with no underage driving restrictions (i.e. supervised, provisional, etc.).

Driver Restraint System
Seat belt mandatory in all cars as produced by OEM manufacturer. Aftermarket driver-restraint systems with higher rating than OEM permitted.

Helmet Drivers in all 13.99 (8.59 eighth-mile) or quicker cars must wear a helmet meeting Snell 90, 95, K98, 2000 or SFI 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, or 41.2A Specs.

Protective Clothing
All drivers are required to wear full-length pants, shoes, and socks. Nylon or nylon-type clothing and open-toe shoes prohibited. Shorts, bare legs, tank tops, or bare torsos prohibited.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
holy hell, thats a lot...well after reading it a lot is mostly no brainer I guess, but the helmet may be a problem...do they rent them out there or anything?

mad mike

Im from the streets
Established Member
wo wo wo, Last friday there were cars that didnt have lights, cars with slicks, and cars without exhausts. So I dont think they are strict with the rules. If they were, most of the rice wouldnt have been able to run. :shrug:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Your right, most of the time you can get a way with a lot more but it all depends on who is running tech for the event.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
mad mike said:
wo wo wo, Last friday there were cars that didnt have lights, cars with slicks, and cars without exhausts. So I dont think they are strict with the rules. If they were, most of the rice wouldnt have been able to run. :shrug:
were they strict with the helmet issue? I know I could get one for less than $100, but honestly, this is the first time in my life I'm going to a track and I'll probably only go once again in the next couple years, I'm saving for a wedding and Id feel bad dropping money on something thats gonna get used once when we have deposits to make.

I'D WIN

Established Member
You don't seem them playing with the helmet law to much because of liability factors. If a safety inspector does a spot inspection, the track can get closed down. I always see them confiscate a dozen or so helmets each time.

I'D WIN

Established Member
mad mike said:

BTW,

Those rules are for street legal vehicles only.

"Vehicles must meet all state-highway safety requirements for the state in which the vehicle is registered and must remain as produced by the OEM manufacturer to be deemed an accepted street-legal vehicle. All vehicles must be street driven, display valid license plates (or temporary permits), and have proof of vehicle registration and valid insurance."

Vehicles fitting categories other than this are subject to different sanctioning rules.

rphinney

Established Member
WW I would come without the helmet if you want, If it is your first time at the track ever You will be surprised just how much it will take to get into the 13's, it takes practice, granted you should have ample power, just to give you an idea my vette ran 14.2 last time out, of course that was with wheel spin thru the 330'..........(it did trap 109) . I was not using a helmet in the L and I am still unsure if we are going to set Mad Mike up with one. It's not 100 percent they would park you if you went 13's and if they did my guess is it is going to take you a couple runs to get it there so it wouldnt be a total waste of 20 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread